Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)
Phyllis Court Club(Henley-on-Thames)
View Hotel
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
Hotel du Vin(Henley-on-Thames)
The Catherine Wheel(Henley-on-Thames)
Loch Fyne Henley(Henley-on-Thames)
  • Breakfast included
1,402 results
All reviewsbeautiful groundsafternoon teajunior suitebeautiful hotelfour poster bedthe rivercocktail barsconesluxury hotelbeautiful roomrelaxing weekendwedding anniversaryspecial occasioncooked breakfaststaff were attentivelovely settingsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was treated to a stay here last weekend as a special surprise anniversary treat (our first time away without children so very much appreciated!). I was so excited as we drove up the driveway as had been trying to guess where we were going the whole journey!
If you would like to treat yourselves please come here it was magical especially at sunrise the following morning.
Afternoon tea, dinner, the spa all fantastic with very helpful staff.
If I had any grumbles at all it would be that we had to wait a longtime to check in and there were no bathrobes left in the spa until ours could be retrieved from our room.
I suppose also slightly miffed that despite telling the check in staff that it was such a special occasion we weren't upgraded (like so many reviews I've read on here) but as I was being treated no way I was going to make this suggestion! My husband did pay extra for an executive room to ensure we got the view of the Thames but I can't help thinking if we'd not been right at the top we'd have had a bigger room and bathroom (tiny and hardly big enough for two people) - I suppose a large bath would have been nice but maybe all the
bathrooms are this small...?
Yes it would have been nice for our anniversary to have been noted ( given the calibre of hotel but also given other people's
experiences but we still had a wonderful time and will be living off the memories for a while!
Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Francesca-76
Danesfield Hous... a, Guest Relations Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Francesca-76,

I was delighted to read your review and would like to thank you for your praise regarding your recent stay and have shared it with our staff here. It is a magical place and you were right about the magnificent sun rise.

We are Grade two listed here and all of our rooms have different layouts and sizes. However, we do automatically upgrade our guests if at all possible
and hopefully, when you return to us, I would be grateful if I could look after your booking personally.

Peter Faarup.
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just returned from an overnight stay here with my daughter.
I can only praise the place from beginning to end.
The team are excellent.The food fantastic and the spa was fab.We had an all inclusive stay and paid a very reasonable price.Our accommodation was booked in an executive room which was upgraded on our arrival to a junior suite.Our afternoon tea comprised of a selection of finger sandwiches, small homemade cakes and pastries plus delicious homemade scones clotted cream and jam, plus of course your choice of tea.Our three course evening meal was divine salt cod with capers,fillet steak with hand cut chips followed by pistachio delice and chocolate ganache.Breakfast was great with plenty of choice.To be nit picky the only downer was that the four poster bed was so huge the duvet wasn't adequate in size.The team were well trained and very efficient.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank susan g
Danesfield Hous... a, Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear susan g,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I read your comments with pleasure and was so pleased that the atmosphere and experience was as you had hoped for.

I look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Kind regards,

Tim Healey
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in Danesfield house for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The hotel and grounds are very impressive and our welcome was very good. We had a standard traditional room which was well equipped. It had a bedroom and small lounge area on a lower level. The only disadvantage was that the TV was in the lower level so that we could not watch it while on the bed as we normally do.

We went for tea in the lounge and sat down. After waiting for about half an hour and no-one coming near us we gave up and went into the orangery to have some tea. Although we hadn't booked and we were quite late by now 16.00 we were seated and had a nice tea.

The evening dinner meal was superb the food and service was excellent and included in the price for the night (£199) was very good value. After the meal we went into the bar where I ordered Irish coffee only for the bartender to come back and say they had run out of cream. really not acceptable for a hotel of this standard.

All in all I hotel I could recommend but with a few issues which should be sorted out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Danesfield Hous... a, Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear fgwilson,

Thank you so much for posting your detailed account of you stay at Danesfield House this festive period.

It was a pleasure to have you both with us to celebrate your anniversary in December, and I thank you for your complimentary comments about our staff and our food offering. I was disappointed to learn that for whatever reason, we were not able to fulfil one of your requests during your stay, and I have shared your comments with the team for action to ensure we do not disappoint again.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Danesfield House again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Tim Healey
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been to 2 weddings and stayed for a weekend at Danesfield House Hotel. The hotel sits high up on the left river bank when coming down stream. The gardens are superb and the building makes a great backdrop for wedding photos and videos. The interior is beautiful in the main public areas too. We had 2 meals in the restaurant and our waiter was very attentive on both occasion. The food was also exquisite. We have also had afternoon tea and that makes for a great occasion too.

The room we had was very nice and they even organise child minding, so you can go and have a meal in the superb restaurant.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at New Year's Eve 2013 and was so disappointed. Started the night of with loud buzzing noises coming from outside, which after speaking to a member of staff who claimed to be a manager, we found out this was due to the old plumbing in the hotel and he said he will turn down the heating(! in December) and the noise stopped. The reception had told us that the bar was closing at 10 pm due to a party held at the hotel? (so the bar was only open for the party), we had booked this hotel for New Year's Eve to have a few drinks and then we were told could not. After speaking to so called manager he was very surprised that the bar was closed. He came back and told us reception was mistaken and the bar was open till 2 am. Do the staff not communicate??
Finally fell asleep only to be woken up with water pouring through the bathroom celling. Room 124 I would not recommend, not would I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank binek87

Dear MrBinek87

We are extremely disappointed that we did not meet your expectations here at Danesfield. I offer my personal apologies that the noise from the radiator disturbed you during your stay. After speaking with our Duty Manager, I am pleased this noise was rectified for you without effecting your heating after all.

The most shocking point you raised was the water coming in through the roof, especially as there are more rooms above your room. This issues was not raised with us, nor where we aware following your stay. It apparent that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us and I urge you to give us another opportunity, should you choose to stay at Danesfield House in the future, do not hesitate to contact me so I may personally ensure your stay is an enjoyable one.

Yours sincerely