Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$253
US$245
Hotels.com
Phyllis Court Club(Henley-on-Thames)
US$220
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
US$107
Hotel du Vin(Henley-on-Thames)
US$158
  • Restaurant
The Catherine Wheel(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$65
Hotels.com
Loch Fyne Henley(Henley-on-Thames)
Priceline
1,408 results
All reviewsbeautiful groundsafternoon teajunior suitebeautiful hotelfour poster bedthe rivercocktail barsconesluxury hotelbeautiful roomrelaxing weekendwedding anniversaryspecial occasioncooked breakfaststaff were attentivelovely settingsteam room
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Came here for afternoon tea yesterday. We were greeted warmly and taken to our table which was in the oak room, a beautiful room. The waiters were extremely polite and friendly, we were made to feel very welcome. We ordered the danesfield afternoon tea. Sandwiches were delicious, lovely soft bread with a variety of fillings. The scones were light , served with clotted cream and jam. There was also a slate with a selection of 5 different small cakes, one of each type for each person, very generous. These were absolutely divine!
We finished our experience with a walk in the stunning grounds. The whole afternoon was perfect, I felt completely looked after and "away from it all"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Anthony C, General Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Reality123
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor following your visit to Danesfield for Afternoon Tea and a walk in our grounds.
I was delighted to read the team looked after you completely and you felt “away from it all” and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield soon for another leisurely afternoon.

Anthony Cox

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went there for tea. As I do not eat ham and I dislike eggs I asked for a cheese SANDWHICH. I know I should have given them 'notice' but the young waiter looked as if he never heard of such thing. At my third request the manageress came asking me what I wanted. I repeated the request I had made to the young lad. She "apologised" and said there had been a misunderstanding. It was anyway too late as I was eating cakes. The young waiter's understanding of English was minimal and his skills were not up to the standard of that establishment. The previous week I was with friends at Cliveden. (See My review) Danesfield in no way compare with Cliveden.

Room Tip: Did not stay and after tea experience would not stay
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank margherita p
Danesfield Hous... a, General Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear margherita p

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with trip advisor following your groups afternoon tea with us in the Henley Room last week. I would like to apologise once again for the confusion, with one of the sandwiches as part of the tea was cream cheese, so clearly a misunderstanding on our part.

Despite this I understand the group had a wonderful afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed the tour of the house by Peter, our guest relations manager and resident historian!

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A very special lunch to celebrate our daughter's eighteenth birthday. And she was expecting a great things, as you drive up to the house through the lovely gardens Danesfield House is very impressive. We had booked a table for lunch in the Orangery and, as it was a beautiful day we were offered a table on the terrace which would be laid for us. The table was dirty and needed a clean but this never happened, we asked for some water as we were thirsty and the water arrived but no glasses to drink from and I had to ask for them twice. The starters were good and as to the main course my husband's steak was over cooked, my crab linguine was very average and when we asked where the crab was from our waitress took rather along time to say she didn't know, though she did return with a rather poor answer that they were from Cornwall! We had ordered a second round of drinks by this time again we where kept waiting and I had to ask again for the drinks.
My daughter ordered a pudding which arrived her favorite Creme Brulle, which is how she rates all restaurants, unfortunately there was no cutlery to eat it with. When the cutlery was brought it was served from a dirty tray.
It was time to leave and the bill arrived which was wrong an extra glass of wine had been added and the bottle of water that we had to wait ages for had been left off, the bill was returned to us but it was still incorrect as they had charged us for a different wine.
These issues were raised with a supervisor and got the usual platitudes that it was unacceptable and wouldn't happen again.
It's not the our first visit to Danesfield but it could be our last.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel and the magnificent grounds in which it stands are awesome. The reception staff were very attentive and friendly, as were all the staff and the breakfasts very good, although it appeared fried eggs were not an option with the hot breakfast buffet. We were there for a wedding weekend and all in all, had an excellent break. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, although in need of some renovation in parts. The one thing that lets this beautiful hotel down for me is the price of drinks in the bar. A bottle of Peroni beer ordered at the bar cost £5.50 and a small mineral water £2.95. I had asked for these to be added to my room bill, and as if these prices were not already enough, a further 12.5% was added to the bill for "service".

The brochure for the hotel indicated no expense was spared in building it in 1901. Clearly the costs are still being recouped. Take your own drinks!

Room Tip: Best views from rooms at the back overlooking the Thames valley
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ian4

Thank you very much for posting your recent review following your visit to us and I was delighted to read you had an excellent break. We regularly review our bar prices and in general we feel they are appropriate and are reflective of the hotel and its peer group, together with discretionary service charge.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review, and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield on a future special occasion.

Anthony Cox

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We had a deluxe room with balcony with stunning views of the river and the well kept gardens. However some of the furnishings were a little tired eg. the lining of the curtains were ripped. During our stay we had a few minor issues with the room eg. out of date milk in the mini bar but when notified the hotel staff rectified them promptly. The swimming pool and spa was well appointed and had pleasant staff who were customer focused. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Yvonne on reception, who was ok when we checked in but had a could not care less attitude when we checked out? We had room service and were disappointed that what we received did not match the description on the menu but as it was late evening we did not bother to send it back.The Danesfield has extensive well kept grounds which were great to just find a spot and relax in one of the numerous seating areas.On the whole we had a pleasant stay and I would stay here again but for the price it would have to be a special occasion.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room with garden/river views are south facing but prone to noise from courtyard if a function is on
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Danesfield Hous... a, Front Office Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear P7Jax,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our deluxe balcony rooms and had the chance to explore our extensive grounds in this beautiful weather we are having.

I was however sorry to learn of your experience with one of our newer members of the team, and as a result of your feedback I will be making the whole team aware of the importance of customer feedback. I have also made the food and beverage team aware of the difference with the room service menus and we will rectify this immediately.

I do hope this goes someway to showing how seriously we take all customer feedback and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Danesfield House in the future.

Best wishes,