Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)
US$182
Phyllis Court Club(Henley-on-Thames)
US$230
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
US$157
Travelocity
US$123
US$112
1,402 results
All reviewsbeautiful groundsafternoon teajunior suitebeautiful hotelfour poster bedthe rivercocktail barsconesluxury hotelbeautiful roomrelaxing weekendwedding anniversaryspecial occasioncooked breakfaststaff were attentivelovely settingsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed for 2 nights in this truly magnificent hotel, from the minute we arrived to the minute we left we couldn't fault a thing, every staff member couldn't of been more friendly and welcoming. The grounds were stunning and we were lucky enough to have beautiful weather so could enjoy the blissful views of the thames and surrounding countryside. I have to say the best part of our stay was most definitely the food! wow! we were worried after the first evening meal that the second wouldn't be able to compete but both were incredible! and our waitress on our first night was so lovely and friendly she really made us feel comfortable (i think her name was emily as thats the name that was on our receipt). The spa was also lovely and peaceful which really allowed us to relax. I hope we will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katy127
Anthony C, General Manager at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear katy127
“Absoloutley Flawless”
Wow, what a wonderful review, and thank you for the personal mention for Emily, who recently joined us at Danesfield.
So pleased to read to highlight was the food, and when you have some dates in mind for that next visit please contact me directly at acox@danesfieldhouse.co.uk
Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We booked Danesfield for our second wedding anniversary,though we are local we decided to stay the night and make thd most of the hotel facilities. Good points- hotel setting is beautiful, room was great (we stayed in Ibstone which had four poster bed and views across thd gardens and r.thames), spa was great and the staff were all incredibly helpful and polite. Not so good points- food was okay but simply not quite good enough for a hotel of this standard. Staff knowledge of the wine list was also not up to standard. Breakfast was average too. I don't want to put people off staying here as it is a great hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay- we just felt that the food was simply not up to scratch.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hockeychick36

Dear hockeychick36
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay, and whilst I was very pleased to read that you loved Ibstone and the team were “incredibly helpful and polite”.I
I was sorry to learn that you felt the food wasn’t quite at the level you expected, feedback on the whole has been consistently very good this summer, with a simpler execution and approach to the menu offering a more classical approach.
Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and being just down the road I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as part of a wedding party. I had dinner in the restaurant which was very nice. I stayed on the second floor and the room was very hot (no A/C), although there was a fan in the room which was complimentary. I have to say the breakfast on the two occasions that I attended were average. The first morning with still 30 minutes to go, the cooked breakfast had run out temporary. It was replenished at different intervals which was a bit frustrating. On the second occasion they had run out on some items and they were not replaced. But I have to say the staff were very friendly and my room was spotless. I would also like to add that the views form the gardens are stunning.

Room Tip: The wi fi signal in the room was poor !!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear PeterCardiff2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your stay with us earlier this month, and whilst dinner was a highlight, my sincere apologies that we failed to hit the mark at breakfast on both mornings of your stay.
As for the views, well we are very lucky have such a wonderful vantage point over the Thames, and as all of the long standing members of the team here say they never tire of that view.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion, and please do not hesitate to contact me at acox@danesfieldhouse.co.uk so I may make any arrangements personally.

Very best wishes.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed with the POM 14 offer and were stunned by the value for money. Standard Room was nicely decorated, clean, very effective shower and nice view through window as well as a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for us.

Lounge, bar and terrace areas were wonderful and the service was first class with smiling and attentive waiters. Dinner was from the a la carte menu (included in the package) and the food was great and once again service excellent

The spa was also good, lovely pool which at 8:30am on Sunday we had to ourselves and then on to breakfast. Small complaint is that they kept running out of sausages, bacon, mushrooms, egg from buffet so it was difficult to get a complete breakfast but once everything arrived it was, once again, very very good.

Cannot praise this place highly enough - absolutely exceptional weekend with amazing value for money

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kenjukes
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us on our POM 14 break, celebrating the arrival of Champagne Pommery as our house pour.
I was delighted to read and share your comments with the team, The offer is available for selected dates for the rest of August, and can be booked with me directly by emailing me at acox@danesfieldhouse.co.uk
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and if you do have some dates in mind, please do contact me on the above email address so I may make the arrangements for you personally.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Very best wishes

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

From the moment we took the left turn up the steep driveway & approached the stunning & impressive building set amongst immaculately groomed grounds & gardens, we felt an enormous sense of über luxury & quality & exhaled in delight! Our welcome to the Hotel was from Vanessa, whom has to be one of THE most friendliest & professional front-of-house Staff we have ever encountered! Vanessa was refreshingly bubbly, welcoming & helpful; all of which immediately made us feel most valued & very special indeed! Really, nothing was too much trouble for her & she really does deserve recognition & commendation for the exceptional level of service she extended to my Mother & I. We were allocated the "Hurley" room which is/was absolutely stunning, having amazing & spectacular views across the manicured & topiaried grounds towards the river Thames & the traditional decor felt very opulent & indulgent! Part of our package included a bottle of champagne upon our arrival, which was most welcomingly, chilling upon ice for us, along with a very unexpected chocolate birthday cake & card for my Mother, (I had informed the Hotel we were visiting to celebrate my Mother's birthday) & this really was a most generous & lovely surprise! We enjoyed our champagne out upon the terrace, immediately outside our room, which was private & relaxing as we soaked up the sunshine & the panoramic views! Pure bliss! Later we enjoyed the use of the spa & pool, taking a late afternoon swim & drying off upon the loungers scattered about the lawn as we read the Sunday newspapers! This hotel & spa is immaculate throughout & every little bit of attention to detail has been executed superbly! The Staff within the spa were equally as professional & as friendly as Vanessa & again there's a real sense that the Customers/Guests really do matter & are of great importance which is a sentiment all too often forgotten by Hoteliers! Dinner in the restaurant was as delicious as much as a work of art; the presentation was stunning & absolutely exquisite! The scallops were amazing, the duck breast just incredible & the pressed banana tart with toffee sauce & vanilla ice cream was simply show-stopping!! The service throughout was attentive & efficient & Sarina was particularly noticeable as her smiley disposition & helpful & professional service really did enhance our dining experience & evening; once again, as with Vanessa, Sarina deserves recognition & commendation as she truly is exemplary! Our 7am, pre-breakfast swim was super enjoyable as we had the entire pool to ourselves; joking that we felt like Ladies of the manor! Breakfast was yet another fantastic treat; exceptionally welcoming Staff, whom were attentive & friendly, along with an array of fruits, pastries, cereals, cheeses, meats & the traditional English breakfast fare, which we took upon the terrace, once again enjoying the spectacular views & most idyllic ambience! This has been THE MOST relaxing & rejuvenating one night spa/hotel break which I've ever experienced & I really can not recommend highly enough!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Navilluso

Dear Navillusoear
Wow, what a fabulous review! Thank you for taking the time to share your very in depth thoughts. I know Vanessa and Sarina, were so proud to have recieved this feedback, it is greatly appreciated by this hotelier that you have recognised them in such a way.
All that remains for me to say is please do contact me directly when you have some dates in mind for a future “relaxing and rejuvenating” spa break so I can reserve the Hurley room for you and make all of your arrangements personally.
Hopefully see you again soon.

acox@danesfieldhouse.co.uk