Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
MrsM931
Brighton, United Kingdom

Beautiful building with the most attentive staff

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Mar 2024via mobile
We stayed at this beautiful hotel recently as a birthday treat. All of the staff were attentive and couldn’t do enough for you (George on reception and Adam were so helpful which we very much appreciated). The building has so much character and it was lovely to sit in front of the fire in the Oak Room. Our room was huge with doors out to the garden (unfortunately due to the weather we didn’t really venture onto the garden too much). The choice at breakfast was good (please add hash browns or potato rosti) and the staff at breakfast were also great. All areas were very clean. The only thing and it could be personal preference the pillows needed replacing as they were too flat for me. We will definitely be going back.
Date of stay: February 2024
Responded 4 weeks ago
Dear MrsM931,

Thank you so much for leaving such an incredible review after your recent stay with us, It is truly always so pleasing for the team to see the recognition of their hard work being brought to light. I have already passed on your feedback to both George and Adam who are truly grateful for your kind words. The hotel is truly rich in character and has many features for our guest's too see which adds to it's rich history. Please rest assured that we value all feedback provided from our guest's as it further allows us to improve out standard of service. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave feedback and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield House in the future.

0.0 miles from Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Fully refundable
    £99
View more hotels in Medmenham
1,944 results
All reviews beautiful grounds afternoon tea junior suite beautiful hotel four poster bed the river changing rooms scones beautiful room wedding reception steam room wedding anniversary special occasion birthday treat a lovely stay whole experience orangery
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2024

The hotel was excellent and the staff were very attentive throughout our stay . I would highly recommend this hotel and would return in the future The food in the restaurant is also very good too , It is well situated to visit Marlow ,Henley and Windsor Castle.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Management Team , Guest Services / Front Office at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2024

Dear 1964Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a magnificent review! I am truly pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your lovely comments regarding the staff, I will ensure this is passed on to them. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield House in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2024 via mobile

We stayed here for a fantastic stay in Marlow. Nestled in the hills that overlook The Thames, the hotel has an amazing aspect that can be enjoyed from both the bedroom and dining hall.

The breakfast was sensational; everything is brought to you. Great quality ingredients that make a very tasty breakfast.

1  Thank RHA-1978
The Management Team , Guest Services / Front Office at Danesfield House Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2024

Dear RHA-1978,

Thank you for leaving such a marvelous review! It brings me true joy to read how much enjoyed your stay and please rest assured I will pass on your comments for our team too see and this will further encourage them to drive high standards and ensure all guests have a memorable experience. Should you wish to make another reservation please book with myself directly. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 13 March 2024

My sister, my mother and I went to Danesfield House Hotel and Spa for the 'Treat yourself mid week spa day' as a gift to my mother for Christmas. We had been pre-covid and had a wonderful time. This time however was very mixed. On arrival we were met by a lovely lady who showed us around. We were offered coffee/tea and then shown the lunchtime menu - which we knew was a two course meal. Previously we had been in the main building for lunch (which was delicious) and had a glass of prosecco thrown in but now you have lunch in the what feels like a side section of the reception in the Spa. The lunch menu had three choices. The three of us don't much like dessert so asked for the top two - a salad and another. We were told no that wasn't an option. My salad was a bowl of lettuce with pesto and some mozzarella. nothing to shout about. My sister had a bowl of soup. we felt the desserts would have been far more costly than any of our 'mains' so not sure why we weren't able to choose from the three options listed, We were also told on arrival that the steam room wasn't working. Later we were told they could take us to the VIP steam room. The changing rooms are lovely and we had dressing gowns and slippers and the pool and surrounding area is very relaxing. Our lunch was booked for 1pm and at 1.07 the receptionist came in to the changing room whilst we were minutes from coming out and loudly said ' Your lunch is ready ladies'. Not the most polite way to nudge us to the table nor what we would expect from a company like Danesfield house especially when the lunch was so simple to prepare! Over all disappointing and terrible value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear KatehB3286DT,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your r I am truly sorry to read about your experience regarding the spa, I know the team work incredibly hard to ensure all of our guests have a relaxing and joyous experience. If you wish to discuss this further then please email directly: Franklyn.chipindu@danesfieldhouse.co.uk and I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave feedback. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield House in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2024 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and staff were very friendly.

We had lunch at the bar which was nice but expensive. Breakfast was also of a really good quality.

During our stay we made use of the spa facilities. It was quiet when we went but could see how it would quickly fill up and it would need some more loungers.

The bed was extremely comfortable my only criticism is that the room needed a little bit of TLC in areas such as paint touch ups. I would’ve also expected more tea / coffee etc than what was provided in the room.

Overall, I had a relaxing stay and would recommend to others .

Dear LouiseRizzo15,

Reviewed 9 March 2024 via mobile

A return visit to one of our favourite places. Beautiful setting, always made to feel welcome. Staff very attentive, rooms fabulous, nothing too much trouble. Feels very relaxing with stunning scenery and grounds to enjoy. Not quite warm enough for breakfast on the terrace but hopefully our next visit won’t be too far away

Room tip: All the rooms are great but we particularly liked room 102

Dear 345audrey,

What wonderful feedback! It's fantastic to read how much you enjoyed the hotel and the spa. Please rest assured that I will be passing this on to the team to read. Should you ever wish to make another reservation then please book with myself directly. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Danesfield House in the future.