“Pretty good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of San Marco's

San Marco's
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Whitehall
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wilmette, Illinois
“Pretty good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went to San Marco's for the first time last week and were very positively impressed. The prices are good and the menu has lots of options including chicken tenders for little ones whose palates haven't developed yet. We live in metro Chicago and have the opportunity to eat at a lot of good Mexican restaurants. San Marcos isn't quite as sophisticated in flavor as some of the meals we've had in Chicago, but this is Whitehall. The restaurant was clean, the service was great and the food was pretty darn good. So my recommendation is - bypass the chain restaurants and drive straight to San Marcos.

Visited July 2014

Whitehall, Michigan
“good mexican food north of the boarder”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

food is prepared in authentic Mexican style. Great menu choices. separate bar and the restaurant is clean and nicely decorated. there is an outdoor patio for summer evenings. god food good price

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“So so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I hate to say it but this restaurant needs some help....first off it is a newer restaurant and was clean with a good atmosphere and the service was good and the chips and salsa were good. I had the chicken verde enchiladas 3 of them that were virtually chickenless mostly corn tortilla and onion. The green sauce, what there was of it, had some unusual flavor to it I could not identify and I requested a fried egg on top (because I simply love that) but it came without an egg, my husband thought the waitress didn't understand me when I ordered it. Their refried beans, flavorless but the rice was ok. My husband had the chicken burrito which was suppose to be as big as your head. It was good size tho not that big but now I no where all the chicken went.....in his burrito! It did have a lot of chicken which tasted like frozen processed chicken not fresh. Nothing was spicy or flavorful or maybe we are just used to a different kind of mexican food. Really, not worth the money.

Visited July 2013
Utica, Michigan
“Only go for drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Great margaritas!! The food was bland and no one had anything they would order again. I would only go for drinks next time. Prices were decent.

Visited July 2013
Michigan
“Large menu, very good Mexican selections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The menu is very large, Mexican and standard American selections. The service was excellent. Even though this is about 35 miles from home, it's worth the drive. Our small town lost it's reincarnated Mexican restaurant recently, very disappointing. But the San Marcos has a much more extensive menu. What they do not have is the bottled Mexican coca-cola and other flavors. There is a bar in a side room. A very good find for us.

• Visited July 2013