“Good choice for a chain hotel in the area”

Comfort Inn Whitehall
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Reviewed 12 February 2014

There are not a lot of chain hotel options in the area, and this is the nicest of the few Choice Hotels in a 30 mile radius. Typical Comfort Inn rooms that have been fairly recently updated (aside from the bathrooms).

Very friendly staff, which is always welcoming when you have been on the road.

Not a lot of food or shopping at the exit, but a few minutes away there are a lot of choices.

My only complaint (frequent traveler pet-peeve, really) is that this hotel offers "Pool Memberships" to area residents to come in and use the pool. This is a practice that has always bugged me, as I feel if a hotel has a pool it should be reserved for pool guests. There is no need to make a hotel pool crowded, and add to hotel noise, with non-hotel visitors. If you are a family staying at this hotel, you should be aware that the pool may be more crowded that you expect.

Room Tip: Request room away from pool if you go to bed early or sleep in late. The pool closes at 10pm and ope...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Good afternoon Chris L!

Thank you so much for your feedback on the good service that you received, and not holding hotel policy about letting outside guests use the pool against the staff. I really do appreciate that and I will be certain to take your feedback into account when we are scheduling the availability of that membership use.

I will be certain to pass along to the crew your compliments, and we would love to have you back for another visit :-)

Comfort Inn Whitehall

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room was average but the staff was great. Very welcoming and friendly. We actually brought our dog which I was very worried about. He was fine, slept in the bathroom and we were able to walk him down the street for a nice walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Good Afternoon Angie M!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the accommodations worked out well for our furry friend! We hope that you'll come to see us again on your next trip to Whitehall!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The staff here is the best. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I stayed here over several weeks and have (am) enjoying my time here. My room is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is always clean and fully stocked. Christine ( in the breakfast area) is always so happy and cheerful. Kelly at the front desk is always a pleasure to deal with as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the Kind words RandiLou! We love having you also <3

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I travel all the time for work, stay in many hotels and this is the best hotel staff . Everything has been great, rooms are clean, breakfast service was great. If you want good night sleep stay away from ice maker and pool. I would also like to see a change up on the hot food for breakfast, after two weeks staying scrambled eggs, sauage links, potatoes get to a guy

Room Tip: If you want good night sleep stay away from ice maker and pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you so much Bearhunter_26 for your kind words!

I'm glad that you find yourself so much at home and enjoy our staff. We strive to have you enjoy, even MORE than home. LOL

Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel was great better than a few comfort inn's i have been to. I actually work at a comfort inn in lansing, and by far your 6-10 brekfast service was excellent. The room was great clean sheets, towels, and temp was perfect for the room. I appreciate the night audit person which she was new and did a good job. the brekfast attendant was so nice and cheerful. Only thing that was differnt for me was the time of chek inn which took about 30 mins, but other than that everything was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so Much Pbrewer1!

I'm so glad that you got a chance to enjoy our extended breakfast. I'm so sorry for the check in process and being so understanding about our trainee. I really appreciate that! I hope you have another chance to travel this way and stay with us again!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

However, if you want to use the hot tub or pool or get some sleep at a decent hour, do not stay on Friday nights which is what I'm told is family night for the community. I think it's a great idea that they do that, however, it's was not great for me being I was on business and had to get some sleep and get up early for my business. Great hotel, great staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you Marlina D!

I appreciate you recognizing our efforts to make you feel at home at our beautiful hotel, with a great staff :-) I am just a little bit biased so I appreciate you recognizing it as well :-) However, I'm sorry our family Friday got in the way of you relaxing and enjoying your visit for yourself. That's certainly not our intention. I hope you give us another opportunity and choose to make us your home away from home again soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Great place to stay with positive upbeat people. New hotel that is centrally located. You will not find a more accommodating group of folks. I always enjoy staying there. If you are in West Central MI stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Merry Christmas Michael221_13! Thank you for the Kind words! I'm glad that you enjoy your stay with us, We certainly do our best. We look forward to your next visit! I hope you enjoy the rest of the Holiday!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Weathervane Inn
Hampton Inn Muskegon
Hampton Inn Muskegon
#2 of 12 in Muskegon
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Comfort Inn Whitehall? Share your experiences!