“Always happy with our stay here”

Comfort Inn Whitehall
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Chicago, Illinois
“Always happy with our stay here”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We always stay here when visiting family in the area. The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. The food is great for breakfast. The rooms are clean with great bedding. The pool is always full of people all hours of the day, guess that's expected.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Good Morning Diana-

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. That's what we strive for. With the summer fast approaching, we look forward to seeing you even more often now! Take care and have safe travels!

Comfort Inn - Whitehall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Decent and clean rooms. Friendly staff. unfortunately lacking some of simplest of hotel basics: one single pop vending machine on the bottom floor (out of sprite).(Really?)

Breakfast is decent - but no white bread. Really?

The worst crime is the typical low budget free wifi - don't bother planing to use it for Netflix or youtube or any other real usage. Your emails "might" go out though.

Oh, don't plan on a good nights sleep cause they open up the place to kids / birthday parties on weekends (like when I stayed here) which you will hear on all floors of the building. (There is nothing like the distinct noise of a child running through the halls)

Lastly, as a pre-rebuttal to the hotel owner who will chime in, apologize, etc below my review:

Too little, too late.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hi there Zak!

This is that infamous manager chiming in :-) I am really sorry for the things you encountered. I understand that it's too little, too late, HOWEVER, if you found it in your heart to give us another shot, I would really appreciate it. Its feedback like yours that has helped us come to the decision that Fridays and Saturdays are no longer open swim days. We want to make sure that our guests are our priority.

As I mentioned, I appreciate your spirit of candor in helping us to improve. Even if you dont come back, I REALLY DO APPRECIATE your feedback.

Thank you for your time!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2014

There are not a lot of chain hotel options in the area, and this is the nicest of the few Choice Hotels in a 30 mile radius. Typical Comfort Inn rooms that have been fairly recently updated (aside from the bathrooms).

Very friendly staff, which is always welcoming when you have been on the road.

Not a lot of food or shopping at the exit, but a few minutes away there are a lot of choices.

My only complaint (frequent traveler pet-peeve, really) is that this hotel offers "Pool Memberships" to area residents to come in and use the pool. This is a practice that has always bugged me, as I feel if a hotel has a pool it should be reserved for pool guests. There is no need to make a hotel pool crowded, and add to hotel noise, with non-hotel visitors. If you are a family staying at this hotel, you should be aware that the pool may be more crowded that you expect.

Room Tip: Request room away from pool if you go to bed early or sleep in late. The pool closes at 10pm and ope...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Good afternoon Chris L!

Thank you so much for your feedback on the good service that you received, and not holding hotel policy about letting outside guests use the pool against the staff. I really do appreciate that and I will be certain to take your feedback into account when we are scheduling the availability of that membership use.

I will be certain to pass along to the crew your compliments, and we would love to have you back for another visit :-)

Comfort Inn Whitehall
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The room was average but the staff was great. Very welcoming and friendly. We actually brought our dog which I was very worried about. He was fine, slept in the bathroom and we were able to walk him down the street for a nice walk.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Good Afternoon Angie M!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the accommodations worked out well for our furry friend! We hope that you'll come to see us again on your next trip to Whitehall!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The staff here is the best. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I stayed here over several weeks and have (am) enjoying my time here. My room is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is always clean and fully stocked. Christine ( in the breakfast area) is always so happy and cheerful. Kelly at the front desk is always a pleasure to deal with as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the Kind words RandiLou! We love having you also <3
twining
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I travel all the time for work, stay in many hotels and this is the best hotel staff . Everything has been great, rooms are clean, breakfast service was great. If you want good night sleep stay away from ice maker and pool. I would also like to see a change up on the hot food for breakfast, after two weeks staying scrambled eggs, sauage links, potatoes get to a guy

Room Tip: If you want good night sleep stay away from ice maker and pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Susan J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Whitehall, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much Bearhunter_26 for your kind words!

I'm glad that you find yourself so much at home and enjoy our staff. We strive to have you enjoy, even MORE than home. LOL

Please come back and see us again soon!

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel was great better than a few comfort inn's i have been to. I actually work at a comfort inn in lansing, and by far your 6-10 brekfast service was excellent. The room was great clean sheets, towels, and temp was perfect for the room. I appreciate the night audit person which she was new and did a good job. the brekfast attendant was so nice and cheerful. Only thing that was differnt for me was the time of chek inn which took about 30 mins, but other than that everything was great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so Much Pbrewer1!

I'm so glad that you got a chance to enjoy our extended breakfast. I'm so sorry for the check in process and being so understanding about our trainee. I really appreciate that! I hope you have another chance to travel this way and stay with us again!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Comfort Inn - Whitehall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Days Inn Whitehall
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
Comfort Inn Muskegon
#7 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Comfort Inn Whitehall? Share your experiences!