“Sue and Brian -- Wonderful stay!”

White Swan Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Whitehall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the White Swan Inn. Our room was very comfortable, with nice little extras like a sitting area and delicious coffee/tea and afternoon snacks right outside our door. The breakfasts were delicious and Cathy was very accommodating with everyone's schedules. She had lots of good information about things to do and places to see. I definitely would recommend staying at least 2 or 3 nights, if possible! Our visit was capped off with a delightful sunset boat ride around White Lake and out into Lake Michigan aboard Ron and Cathy's cruiser. Cathy offered an interesting history of the area along with fruit and cheeses -- and a gorgeous sunset!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Spent 2 nights at White Swan. Cathy and Ron are terrific hosts, the accommodations are so comfortable and lovely, and the location is excellent. Oh, and the breakfasts: wow, they were delicious! Met some great people around the table. There is lots to do in Whitehall/Montague--great place to visit!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was sad to check out after our week stay at Swan Cottage! It was so cozy it felt like home! I enjoyed sitting on the front porch lingering over my morning coffee and sitting in the back yard for lunch with family under the pergola. I loved the way the cottage was decorated and arranged. It made it feel like a cozy get-away. The cottage was well stocked with everything we needed. There was no need we encountered that was not accommodated for in the cottage. It was very clean, well maintained and Cathy and Ron were wonderful and attentive hosts. There was so much to do so close! We enjoyed watching a great 4th of July fireworks display over White Lake, spent a few days enjoying the beaches on Lake Michigan, participated in an organized bike ride that meandered through the Montague countryside. We also rode bikes on the Hart/Whitehall trail every morning, hit Michigan's Adventure, and spent a day at Silver Lake. We loved the charm of Montague/Whitehall. There were many shops I would have like to have explored but with all the other things to do - the antique shop and book store will have to be for next visit. Coming back to the cottage after a day of great activities was icing on the cake. I would definitely recommend Swan Cottage to other travelers! A 10 out of 10 for our family!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed in the cottage in town and it was so clean and neat. The décor was up to date and there was everything that you might possibly need to make your stay comfortable. Cathy and Ron were the best hosts. I enjoyed meeting them and hope that I will be seeing them again soon. I almost forgot what day it was when it was time for me to leave. You cannot have a better lodging experience than this.

Room Tip: I liked the cottage but I am sure that you would have the same great experience at the bed and break...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Cathy R, Owner at White Swan Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed a relaxing visit to Swan Cottage. Do consider staying at the B&B on your next visit to the area and experience another dose of Michigan hospitality.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My daughter-in-Law and I stayed at this B&B on May 16th and 17th 2014. We drove from Wisconsin around Chicago instead of taking the boat across. We left at 5:00AM, and it was a rainy morning. There was alot of constructions and missed one of the turnoffs. After alot of driving we arrived there, and it sure was worth the drive. The house was built around 1884-1887. There are no fireplaces, and was built with a coal furnice and indoor plumbing. The reason for no fireplaces is that the people who built it had a house burn down because of a fireplace fire.

The house is beautifully furnished in the right period. The host, owners Cathy and Ron are friendly and very knowledge about the house, and surrounding area.

There are some small towns around that have interesting history, and places
to see. There are restored houses in the town of WhiteHall that are so worth seeing for a very reasonable price.

The service and breakfasts were impeccable and there is not one thing that we felt was not done for us.

We are thinking of returning next year.

Thank you Ron and cathy for such a wonderful get away.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem great. Our room had the original very large bathtub, with the original plumbing...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was my very first experience with a bed and breakfast. After a business deal went south I had to spend a few days in Michigan before my flight home. So, after spending a few nights in hotels I decided to drive up the coast and treat myself to a bed and breakfast. I spoke with Cathy who answered my questions, and even rearranged her schedule to accommodate me on short notice. The house was full but she had me stay in a cottage less than a mile away which was a one bedroom attached home with a full kitchen. Her house is a wonder to see. Old world craftsmanship with original windows and warm woodwork. The cottage I occupied is clean, well restored and appointed with comfortable furniture. When I called with a very minor issue, Ron showed up within five minutes and fixed the problem.

Cathy gave me ideas of what to see in the area and even lent me a map book to get around. The neighborhood is quiet with sidewalks and mature trees that just beg you to walk around the block just one more time. The small town offers eating, performance art, shopping etc. so you won't get bored and the docks/parks are beautiful to stroll by.

Breakfast was perfect with fruit, yogurt bowls, blueberry coffee cake and a quiche to die for. Probably the best part of breakfast was talking with the four couples that were staying at the main house. We had a relaxed conversation before, during, and after breakfast. Getting to know the guests was as enjoyable as getting to know Cathy and Ron.

Ron has a boat that he charters so you might want to call ahead and line something up. I kind of wish I had done that, but I didn't give them any notice.

I felt I had gone home for a visit not just rented a room for the night. I'd recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.

Room Tip: The cottage had a kitchen, so if you want to make lunch and dinner rather than go out every night th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This place is truly wonderful! Cathy and Ron are host extraordinaire. Very clean and comfortable. Beds and amenities are top notch. Breakfasts are deliciously excellent. We had a very relaxing time and will be back. We will also recommend highly to our family, friends and acquaintances. Thank you, Cathy and Ron!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Weathervane Inn
#5 of 5 in Whitehall
Buzz'sLakeside Inn
Buzz'sLakeside Inn
#2 of 5 in Whitehall

Been to White Swan Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!