“Ramada Whitehall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Michigan
“Ramada Whitehall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

First I'd like to say I tried for 2 days to make reservations on Priceline. Everyone wanted over $200 per night and I thought they were crazy. We were planning on staying 2 nights and visiting MI Adventure but with the high costs of hotels, we only did one. I finally "got" this one for $80 I think. It needed up being about 9 minutes from the park so that was great.
What I liked: they had a nightlight in the bathroom! I know it's a very small thing but that is a very thoughtful thing. I normally have to leave the light on and close the door so I can find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. 2) A decent continental breakfast with the Belgium waffle station.3)the rooms were neat and clean
What I didn't like: outdoor pool (it's mighigan, people!) 2) lumpy pillows, and 3) they were missing the spa that was listed under amenities and their hotel map. I asked about it at the desk and they didn't know what I was talking about. It listed pool, sauna, and spa--which I interpret, hot tub. Kids were VERY disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Jennifer F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Conway, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

counter girls were courteous & helpful, even took our picture for us.
breakfast gal was excellent, food very good. Lots of towels, clean room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We participated in an event in nearby Montague recently, but booked our hotel late. Ramada Whitehall was the only "name" hotel with a few available rooms. Still, we thought Ramada Inns were at least 3-star and comparable to Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, etc. Well, not this one.

After checking in at the desk with the friendly staff, we noticed a lounge/restaurant area just off the lobby. There were quite a few people at the bar and a few diners there on a Thursday night. Classic rock songs could be heard throughout the lobby and restaurant area.

We had heavy luggage, but there was no elevator to our second floor room, so we climbed two flights of stairs with our bags. This was not a problem for us, but physically challenged travelers will definitely have a problem here.

We noticed that the classic rock music was being piped into the hallway on the second floor. It was more funky than annoying, but I was beginning to suspect this hotel was a RINO (Ramada In Name Only) and that maybe the music was being piped in to keep the customers from fighting.

The RINO thought was further supported when we found our room had the smell of stale smoke despite the air conditioner being on when we walked in. The room was too cold, so we turned on the heat only to have the odor change from smoke to something different and just as bad coming from the in-wall heating/AC unit. This burnt bug smell resolved over time, but the faint smell of stale tobacco smoke persisted throughout our stay.

Breakfast was comparable Holiday Inn Express, et al.

I can not recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay. The fact that it was the only "name" hotel with available rooms for our event is noteworthy. At $150/night, it was overpriced for the quality of the room.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, I would not select a room near or above the restaurant/lounge area. Also...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank TheBikeMechanic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitehall
Comfort Inn Whitehall
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
Holiday Inn Muskegon
#4 of 12 in Muskegon

Been to Days Inn Whitehall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Whitehall

Property: Days Inn Whitehall
Address: 2865 Colby Rd, US 31, Whitehall/Montague Exit, Whitehall, MI 49461-9255 (Formerly Ramada Whitehall)
Region: United States > Michigan > Muskegon County > Whitehall
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Whitehall
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Whitehall 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Days Inn Whitehall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Whitehall Hotel Whitehall