“These innkeepers really get "hospitality"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 3 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Kalamazoo, MI
“These innkeepers really get "hospitality"”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I echo other's sentiments--it was all the little things that certainly made the difference! My husband and I booked a weekend in the Traverse City area for our 15th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Morrison room--a very comfortable room with bathrobes, fireplace and jetted tub. The bed was incredibly soft. The room and the whole inn were immaculately clean. I also loved that there were several common areas of the inn that were also open for guests to relax. The innkeepers were very focused on making sure we enjoyed our stay--they had a variety of local menus and recommended some great restaurants. The full breakfasts were unique, tasty, and there was plenty of food. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine226

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I'm a business traveler normally, so I'm at the point where I like things to be a certain way when I travel. This trip was a weekend with friends and we booked Country Hermitage at their suggestion, so I was ready to be flexible with my expectations. I have to say, this place exceeded all of them. Trust me when I say, they've thought of everything! I found the owners to be friendly but without smothering me with hospitality. The house was immaculately kept and felt very cozy. In the mornings there is self-serve coffee and tea, and in the afternoons they put out homemade cookies and local wine. A nice touch! Cold drinks, snacks, and a water cooler are available around the clock.
We had a nice corner room on the second floor, which got plenty of natural light. And in the closet, not one but TWO suitcase racks! I can't tell you how many times I've wished hotels would catch on to this. It's a little thing but to me it shows they are thinking of the details.
The bathroom was decently sized, and had lots of shelf space to put out our things. We had plenty of hot water for showers. The bed was kind of soft and you tend to sort of roll to the middle while you sleep, but we slept well enough.
Carl is a master at the art of breakfast... one morning was quiche and the next blueberry-lemon pancakes. The coffee was great too.
The house has a big wraparound deck with lots of chairs, which for me made a nice reading spot. Out back, there is a small fish pond and they even have fishing rods and bait that you can take down there (as did my husband). Next to the pond there is a fire pit which we used later that night to build a fire and roast smores... classic.
Staying here was one of the best parts of our weekend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We have stayed all over the world and find this B and B to be at the very top..Everyone one there was so wonderful..Anything u ask for was at your finger tips...from where to eat and what to do while visiting..Zach and Jen are wonderful and Carl was amazing to chat with.. The breakfast far exceeded the expectations ...everything from scratch...Blueberry pancakes with a huge ham and a cherry glaze topping..fresh baked peaches and strawberry banana smoothies...That day i joked with Carl that i loved Corn beef hash..well he spent all day cooking the corn beef and baking the potatoes somewhere ...guess what the next morning there was corned beef and potatoes that he had shredded and fried in butter that morning along with a egg soufflé with cherry tomatoes and cheese...also always some kind of fruit baked...i don't know when they do this cause its so quiet there! again all from scratch ...ohhh and Jen made this cheesecake sopapilla for a starter! The house is so beautiful and so clean and soooo quiet...rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are breathtaking..sits on a 400 acre cherry orchard...theres a pond stocked with huge catfish and bass..it was fun to feed them or they have poles to fish..we walked through the orchards and ate cherries off the trees..tart and sweet. This sits about 8 miles from Traverse city and a few miles from elk rapids...we went to antique shops and took a tour of 6 wineries that are within a few miles...we where only staying one night but Carl "talked" us into another! I am already planning another stay in oct. I highly recommend this B and B...don't miss this one for sure. You will not be disappointed .

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blonde_in_michigan65
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

A charming, clean, and friendly bed and breakfast! My husband and I stayed in the Pulcipher room, spacious and with a jacuzzi bath. The innkeepers Lisa and Carl were welcoming and gave us some great ideas for dinner--we chose the Boathouse and had a great meal. The afternoon wine tasting featured the best local Michigan vintages, we had drinks on the deck, and Carl's banana pancakes in the morning were delicious! We enjoyed the warm atmosphere and appreciated how wonderfully clean and well organized everything was. A very happy stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
powell, ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stay more than one night so that you may enjoy the property, hammock, pond, outdoor fireplace, beautiful sunrises, beautiful property. Clean! Wonderful food! Pampered!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We decided to stay at Country Hermitage because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were so pleased with our experience.

Lisa and Carl were very friendly and were a great source of information about the area. We stayed in the Pulcipher room and Morrison room and both rooms were very clean and comfortable. On the main floor were several sitting rooms with old pictures of this historic house and family that lived here in the past. Candy dishes were provided throughout the main floor in case you needed a sweet treat and there were also restaurant menus and brochures to local attractions so you could plan your day. In the back of the house there was a fish pond and you could feed the fish or do some catch and release fishing. There were also beautiful cherry orchards behind the house which you could walk through.

Each morning we were greeted by a delicious gourmet breakfast cooked by Carl and later in the day we could nibble on homemade cookies and enjoy a glass of wine.

Jen and Zac managed the house in the overnight hours and were extremely friendly and helpful too.

My husband and I felt like we were at home and have decided this is the place we will stay whenever we come to visit Traverse City!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I spent our 25th wedding anniversary at the Country Hermitage. The innkeeper and staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We loved the old farm house feel...the room was very clean, very comfortable and the food was delicious. We would recommend this bed and breakfast and will be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#2 of 40 in Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City

Been to Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City? Share your experiences!