“A destination itself!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City
Ranked #1 of 3 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We recently were part of a family gathering near Traverse City. Making room for others in the family home, we reluctantly opted to stay at a B&B. Little did we know we would be staying at a place that was so wonderful that we ended up late to each day's family activities. Can't say how much we enjoyed our sunlit room and overall ambiance of Country Hermitage. Beautifully sited on acres of orchards and rolling farm lands, and featuring a charmingly landscaped grotto and pond (perfect spot for quiet reading and conversation) the inn is simply stunning.

The B&B is only eclipsed by Lisa and Carl's hospitality. Their warmth and willingness to help, providing great information about the area made' us feel very welcome.

But words fail in attempting to describe chef Carl's extraordinary breakfast feasts. Each morning presented us with a gourmet's delight. Stay there if only for breakfast.

We will definitely be return visitors!

Room Tip: Kesner Room was wonderfully sunny.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnWillard
There are newer reviews for Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City

Reviewed 11 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Pulcipher suite for two nights in July. This place is a true gem! I can't say enough how much we enjoyed this b&b.

LOCATION: Great because you're right in between Elk Rapids (go to Pearls!) and Traverse City...without the crowds!
STAFF: Friendly and knowledgeable. They told us about a quiet beach just down the road a few miles called Sayler park, it was fantastic!
ROOM: Our room was spotless with great views! Make sure you catch the sunrise! The bed was absolutely the most comfortable bed I've slept on in years. Some cons were that our fireplace didn't work, but that may be because of the time of year and they shut it off? Also, there was no fan in the bathroom and the water pressure was pretty lousy. Not deal breakers though!
FOOD/DRINKS: By the dining room they offer complementary drinks ( water, pop wine) and snacks (cookies, candy, popcorn). The chocolate cherry cookies they had out on day two rocked! The breakfasts were SO good! I wish we could have stayed longer to experience more of them. We ate outside our second morning and it was beautiful, so make sure you ask and they'll set you up!
EXERCISE: They offer passes to Grand Traverse Resort just down the road. We really wanted to check it out but ran out of time. We did hike the grounds in the am and there is a golf course across the street where you can walk/run as well.

We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Pulcipher room to view the sunrise!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SpartyK
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Country Hermitage B&B is a real jewel in the TC area. We have stayed there many times and Lisa and Carl have been the best hosts. I would highly recommend it any time (except when we have the place booked) The breakfasts are top notch and everything about this B&B was excellent. We rented the entire B&B over the Memorial Day weekend with our friends who enjoyed it as much as we did. Will be definitely be a repeat customer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband and I went up for a weekend during July. We wanted to be able to enjoy Traverse City and still avoid the crowds. This was the perfect spot. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms, but it was still really nice. One of my biggest considerations when staying somewhere is cleanliness and attitude of the people working. The place was spotless and cozy. The entire staff was very helpful and the food was phenomenal. We didn't eat lunch once because we were still full from breakfast. The cherry orchard is beautiful and nice to walk around. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Ange425
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I loved everything about this place. Okay, not everything: the complimentary wine that was served in the evening was pretty mediocre. But I'm kind of a wine snob, so I can be picky. No matter, though. I picked up some of my own wine and thoroughly enjoyed it on the deck watching the stars. Oh yeah! Reeeeaaaaalllly comfy bed! Almost as good as my Tempurpedic.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank JayBeeDubs
Management response:Responded 22 October 2011

Hi JayBeeDub,
Thank you for the kind words and we are really glad you enjoyed the new beds. As for the wine, we try to provide our guests with a tasting selection of locally made wines that are in a moderate price range. Sometimes our guests love the wine and sometimes it gives them an idea of which wines to avoid when they visit the many different wineries in the Grand Traverse area. Sorry they were the latter for you. Thank you for the feedback!
Lisa, Innkeeper

Reviewed 6 October 2011

This was a wonderful place for our 25th anniversary and was the first B&B experience for us. We had planned to stay 2 nights and then go to a hotel, but we loved it so much we stayed a third night! (Got a better rate for being off-season.) The staff was so helpful and accommodating and added special touches to make it a romantic stay for us. They had just the right balance of being available but giving us space. The breakfasts and cookies were delicious. They had lots of info on the area and menus for local restaurants. The historic inn is very clean and tastefully decorated, and the outdoor setting is absolutely beautiful with the orchard and pond and the bay in the distance. It is also convenient to the area attractions. We highly recommend Country Hermitage!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJT123
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I echo other's sentiments--it was all the little things that certainly made the difference! My husband and I booked a weekend in the Traverse City area for our 15th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Morrison room--a very comfortable room with bathrobes, fireplace and jetted tub. The bed was incredibly soft. The room and the whole inn were immaculately clean. I also loved that there were several common areas of the inn that were also open for guests to relax. The innkeepers were very focused on making sure we enjoyed our stay--they had a variety of local menus and recommended some great restaurants. The full breakfasts were unique, tasty, and there was plenty of food. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine226
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City

Been to Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast Traverse City? Share your experiences!