My wife and I have always visited Turtle Creek when we were in Traverse City, mainly to pull the slot machine handles and enjoy a good meal in one of the resort's great restaurants. This time we decided to stay overnight and our decision was a good one. The room was clean, quiet, and up-to-date. The hotel, while "connected" to the casino floor, gives the impression that it is a separate entity. Checking in is not like the Vegas hotels were one has to traverse the casino to get to the elevators.
Except for a couple of minor issues in the high end restaurant, our stay was great. We enjoyed the casino even though it seemed like the games were a bit tight. The entire facility was clean and inviting. The hotel and casino staff that we dealt with were polite and ready to help us every time we engaged them.
We will stay there again and I would recommend the resort to anyone travelling in and around Traverse City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel is more than the sum of its parts, offering visitors and guests an experience that they will not soon forget. Located only 11 miles outside of Traverse City in Williamsburg, MI, this premier hotel has become a popular vacation spot for locals looking to get away while staying close to home. In fact, people from all over Michigan have come to enjoy Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel, which is why it has become a premier destination in Northern Michigan. Whether you want to enjoy some games at a casino in Michigan or simply stay in a 4-star hotel, you won't find a better deal anywhere else in the state. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Creek Casino And Hotel
- Turtle Creek Hotel Williamsburg
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Michigan/Williamsburg