“A wonderful place to stay in the Traverse City MI area”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Williamsburg
Kent, Ohio
“A wonderful place to stay in the Traverse City MI area”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I have always visited Turtle Creek when we were in Traverse City, mainly to pull the slot machine handles and enjoy a good meal in one of the resort's great restaurants. This time we decided to stay overnight and our decision was a good one. The room was clean, quiet, and up-to-date. The hotel, while "connected" to the casino floor, gives the impression that it is a separate entity. Checking in is not like the Vegas hotels were one has to traverse the casino to get to the elevators.
Except for a couple of minor issues in the high end restaurant, our stay was great. We enjoyed the casino even though it seemed like the games were a bit tight. The entire facility was clean and inviting. The hotel and casino staff that we dealt with were polite and ready to help us every time we engaged them.
We will stay there again and I would recommend the resort to anyone travelling in and around Traverse City.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner or end room on the first floor.
2 Thank coars

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I were in Traverse City for a few days and stayed here at Turtle Creek Casino Hotel and were very pleased with our stay. The room was a nice size comfortable clean and reasonably priced. The hotel was very quiet so when you were ready to turn in for the night there was no noise going on in the halls. The casino was conveniently located at the other end of a long walkway so when you got to the hotel part you were away from the casino. I would highly recommend this hotel for a nice getaway. They also had a very nice and friendly staff

Room Tip: The whole hotel was quiet so any room would be okay.
1 Thank Clarence R
Williamston, Michigan
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very nice room, as most of the Native American casinos have. Definite lack of parking and unloading spaces leaves a lot to be desired. In considerate visitors left no carts to transport luggage to room (thank goodness it was the next floor up). Front desk employee could have cared less and seemed engaged in other activities. Rooms are pricey but the usual amenities (soap, shampoo and conditioner) were so great we had to visit the gift shop to purchase them.

Room Tip: any room seems to be great.
2 Thank Kathie S
michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just stayed this week for work. I'm a member of the casino rewards program but by no means a high roller. Every month I do get coupons for discount hotel rooms, slot play, meals, etc.
I had a coupon for a $49 room but for an extra $15 got an upgrade to a corner balcony room. WOW was it fantastic! I had room 801; it was more like a suite. Huge room on top floor with great views, huge balcony, cool flat screen TV that was on an adjustable mount so you could see it from anywhere in the room. Nice big bathroom with great products, towels etc.
Service was extra friendly and helpful, and I loved the fact that the casino was a 2 minute walk with a little Indian history along the way.
You might be a long way from Vegas but if you don't look outside you'd swear you were in an upscale Strip casino/hotel.
Small drawbacks; no pool, no evening room service food, and other than the attached casino no where to walk to or shop close by...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jenzoe8
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived on a Tuesday early afternoon, granted without a reservation . The only thing available was a suite for $260 per night. With that you got a HUGE bathroom, sitting room w/flat screen and bedroom with a flat screen. You get NO complimentary anything. Very tight machines.
If you are into casinos, I would make a reservation and confirm the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trueheartreview
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Had a great time with our Traverse City pals on an overnite trip at the hotel and casino. It was surprisingly quiet in our room and we got a wonderful night's sleep after an evening of gambling. Tarocco bath products were a nice perk. Staff was attentive and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ElisePortlandOR
Michigamme, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Girls night at the casino last night. We had a great time! My friend, Kathy, won $1600 on a 30 cent wager!! I was up $700 at one point, pretty much spent it all, but had a ball. It seems like the slots are looser now. I used to expect to leave broke but lately I've been going home with $$, sometimes, quite a bit more than I started with.
There was an awesome promotion going on, 45 people were picked at random and each received $1000. It was so much fun seeing there people win. Please consider doing this promotion more often and send the balloons my way :-)
The hotel and casino offer great rewards to get you in the door. They also have a wonderful staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, especially the beds. I am able to get a discounted rate but I don't think $200 is overly expensive for the area. I've paid over $200 to stay at the Holiday Inn Express down the road. That was a bare bones, not so clean room.
The location is great. There is no shortage of things to do in the area. You are minutes from the bay, golf, shopping, and the views are jaw- dropping. No problem doing day trips to Charlevoix, Petoskey, Sleeping Bear Dunes. I could spend a month there and not get bored, I especially like Torch Lake which is a short and very scenic drive from the hotel.
I will be going back next month and was able to get a room with a balcony. There must not be many balcony rooms. This is the first time I've been able to get one. Can't wait!

Room Tip: This is a casino/hotel. Ventilation is good but you will smell cigarette smoke when you get in the l...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Scott F, Manager at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Angie,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel!
It sounds like you and your friend enjoyed yourselves while you stayed with us.

Thank you for pointing out what a great value Turtle Creek Hotel is even before you redeem one of our promotional offers that we send to our loyal players! Traverse City can be an expensive destination in the summer time, but as you mentioned, there is a lot to see and do relatively close to hotel.

I have shared your comments with our staff. We are glad you have the opportunity to make another trip in August before summer winds down, thanks for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Cambria hotel & suites Traverse City

Been to Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!