“My favorite hotel in Traverse City”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been coming here for years and have stayed at the hotel at least a dozen times. I have never had a bad experience! The rooms are beautiful and updated. The staff is friendly and helpful. However, there are two negatives: the poker room & the table games in the casino are not open 24/7. They close at 3 or 4am. The other is that there is no covered parking, so if you stay there in the winter be prepared to scrape all the snow and ice off off your vehicle.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank degen97

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great place to stay if you enjoy second hand smoke and security guards with too much time on their hands. Do not visit this location if you are traveling with kids. No amenities other than smoking and gambling. There is no where to escape the smoke smell. Sixth floor non-smoking room smelled like I was on the casino floor - horrible air quality system. Two teenage kids went to lobby to look for snacks and were harassed by security guard for being out of their room unaccompanied. Can't find coffee service before 7 am. Room was clean and comfortable nicely updated bathroom. Staff was very helpful, however in helping find other accommodations for the rest of our stay - very big of them, I thought.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Selina T
Reviewed 6 January 2014

A fun little Casino. It's small as casino's go but the slot play was fun and I enjoyed the blackjack and craps tables. New Year's Eve was fun and the locals partied well without incident. The wife even had fun and she typically does not care for casinos. The two craps tables were full but lively and there were a few good rolls to make the night pay off. I played at the 6 deck blackjack and felt they left all the aces in the deck, which is something that Golden Eagle got cited for years back, when they pulled aces out of the deck. It's hard to notice if they use the continual shuffler. This place uses a shoe and the dealers pulled from the front of the pack. I did not see any pull back's of the front-card in the shoe with a pull down of the behind card, which is something you should always look for. If I ever return to the area and decide to play, I'd opt for this casino over the Kewadin on the west bay, which I don't even walk in the door again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Blackhawkjxx7
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay. We were checked in quickly upon arrival. Room was clean and well stocked with nice amenities.
The front desk staff was really nice and helpful to us. Very warm welcome.
It was nice to be in the casino just by walking down the hall. Had fun in the casino then got back to the room and ordered a terrific room service.
In the morning we ate at the breakfast buffet, which was just ok. Omelette was good (made to order) but the rest of the food was just very ok. Asked the server for jelly and she said I could get it off the buffet. Asked for ketchup also and she told us to get it ourselves basically. So that was the only inhospitable part of the trip.
Overall fantastic hotel stay!! Fun at the casino too!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveler23412
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Comfortable beds and a beautiful resort! We stay here anytime we are flying out of Traverse City. You can't beat it. By using our rewards card we get a great price. The restaurant is also a great place to eat!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jackie P
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Girls trip with mom and sisters- Luckily we had a coupon to stay at the hotel. On top of the room rate, they charge an additional $50 - then said it would take up to a month to reimburse you if there were not any extraneous expenses. Would have been nice to know this ahead of the trip. Would like to see additional parking for hotel guests. Taking the shuttle from the casino parking lot is a little rough at best. I have to agree with the other comments about the front desk staff. At 7am I called to ask about the fee for the internet - the clerk practically barked his greeting into the phone, then replied very sarcastically, "NO, there is not." Well gee, if there was a hotel info book in the room, I could have found that would for myself. Room was nice and clean, towels were nice and thick, in room coffee was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank MichiganBean
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in September 2013. The room was dirty, the sink and counter in the bathroom had makeup on it from the previous people. The Handle on the shower was dirty and the room had dust all over it, the lamps were broken etc... I was not happy considering we spent 130 a night. We had two nights reserved and ended up cancelling the last night and going somewhere else. I would not recommend this casino. The drinks were 8 dollars for a beer and a mixed drink with WELL vodka. Go to Little river casino if you want clean rooms and cheap drinks while you play!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sarah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel
#14 of 40 in Traverse City
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel

Been to Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!