“Nice atmosphere”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Williamsburg
Livonia
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Check in was pleasant. The girl that checked us in was very nice. She made me smile. The room we reserved was the last one available-a balcony view, nonsmoking king. Very nice room. We did not need the balcony but wanted to stay at Turtle Creek since we had stayed there before when it first opened and had a good experience. The room was clean and spacious. No complaints. The bathroom counter appeared to not have been cleaned--but after I wiped it down I realized it was clean-the rings were stains-so it was clean.
The casino was very nice. Smokier than I had remembered. The slots were VERY TIGHT. Very!
The atmosphere in the casino was friendly...just wish the machines were friendlier. Again VERY TIGHT.
The appearance of the hotel/casino is bright-fun.
I would recommend staying at Turtle Creek. The rooms are nice, the staff is kind, the overall atmosphere is very pleasant.
Turtle Creek is close enough to Traverse City to go in to town to enjoy the view of the water. Breathtaking. We went in town to eat dinner twice. Mackinaw Brewery is a great place to eat and Tuscan Bistro.
Also, remember there is the Wine Tours--lots to do---not far from Turtle Creek.
Have fun.

Room Tip: I would not spend the extra money for a balcony view. Our view was of the Highway. Also, if you chec...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djtoby44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very nice place to stay. Had a smoking room but you wouldn't know it upon entering. Great TV and program choice and reception. Wired internet. Quiet, but then it was mid-week. Staff pleasant. Bathroom nice, rainfall showerhead a bit short on water pressure, not a problem for my thinning hair but it took my wife awhile to rinse the shampoo out of hers. In room coffee. The only thing I really missed was a refrigerator. Nice size casino. Had a wonderful dinner at the buffet, food was great, nice varied selection with some dishes I'd never seen before on a buffet. Full disclosure, we stayed at a special discount rate of $108 total for 2 nights. Would I stay for $200 a night? If I loved casino's and was partying hard maybe. But there are so many interesting places to stay in Traverse City it could be a toss up.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank curt f
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here with my husband on several occasions for weekend getaways. The room is always clean and quiet and the gaming floor is always a good time. The last time we arrived we were unable to get a non-smoking room and I was very concerned. However, when we got to the room, I could not even tell it was a smoking room aside from the ashtrays. The linens smelled nice and I didn't see any cigarette burns. Will be returning soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hill1km
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice hotel,but very pricey. The customer service was good and they were very friendly. Didn't like the cigarette smell in the hall, but couldn't smell it in the room. The room was nice, beds and pillows comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor. It was pretty loud outside our room early in the morning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sherri B
Williamston, Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel staff was very nice and my room on the 4th floor was clean and roomy. Bathroom very nice. I didn't smell stale smoke in my room but as soon as I left my room I could smell it. If you don't mind the smoke smell then this will be a fine hotel.

I did go to the casino, gift shop, and buffet and all staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

-excellent value
-spacious, air-conditioned, clean room
-comfortable beds
-fast elevators
-front desk service could be more efficient (We had an emergency and person at front desk told me to wait in line - He wasn't working).
-emergency occurred in casino and security guards were quick to respond and help - very caring

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roamingprofessor
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately when customer service is poor: it colours the entire experience. I'm 8 months pregnant and we went in looking for a luggage rack - there were three front desk clerks when I spoke out loud to my mother. The one who wasn't with a customer blandly answered there were none available and went back to staring down at the desk. No offer to assist with luggage; to look for a rack, no apology offered. The beds were very small, only double beds. We struggled our multitude of luggage up to the 6th floor without assistance when we called to enquire about larger accommodations we were abruptly assured there was nothing to be done and they were booked up. Again no pleasantries or customer service one would expect from a hotel. However small, the beds were comfortable and the room clean. The casino was large and lots to choose from to play. A major downfall is the cigarette smoke. The restaurant had a great seafood buffet. There was a stand up comedian performing one evening as well, and a uniformed guard was checking the ID of each person who showed interest. Unfortunately there were too many smokers for us to enjoy ourselves. If you are a non smoker or prefer to be treated better, you might want to skip this place.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Kristin B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Grand Beach Resort Hotel
Grand Beach Resort Hotel
#13 of 40 in Traverse City

Been to Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!