Check in was pleasant. The girl that checked us in was very nice. She made me smile. The room we reserved was the last one available-a balcony view, nonsmoking king. Very nice room. We did not need the balcony but wanted to stay at Turtle Creek since we had stayed there before when it first opened and had a good experience. The room was clean and spacious. No complaints. The bathroom counter appeared to not have been cleaned--but after I wiped it down I realized it was clean-the rings were stains-so it was clean.
The casino was very nice. Smokier than I had remembered. The slots were VERY TIGHT. Very!
The atmosphere in the casino was friendly...just wish the machines were friendlier. Again VERY TIGHT.
The appearance of the hotel/casino is bright-fun.
I would recommend staying at Turtle Creek. The rooms are nice, the staff is kind, the overall atmosphere is very pleasant.
Turtle Creek is close enough to Traverse City to go in to town to enjoy the view of the water. Breathtaking. We went in town to eat dinner twice. Mackinaw Brewery is a great place to eat and Tuscan Bistro.
Also, remember there is the Wine Tours--lots to do---not far from Turtle Creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel is more than the sum of its parts, offering visitors and guests an experience that they will not soon forget. Located only 11 miles outside of Traverse City in Williamsburg, MI, this premier hotel has become a popular vacation spot for locals looking to get away while staying close to home. In fact, people from all over Michigan have come to enjoy Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel, which is why it has become a premier destination in Northern Michigan. Whether you want to enjoy some games at a casino in Michigan or simply stay in a 4-star hotel, you won't find a better deal anywhere else in the state. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Creek Casino And Hotel
- Turtle Creek Hotel Williamsburg
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Michigan/Williamsburg