“Phenomenal views and course”

LochenHeath Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf, invented in Scotland, Perfected in Traverse City. Even in northern Michigan - the Midwest's golf capital - LochenHeath Golf Club stands out. Rated by Golf Digest for 2015 as #12 Best Course in Michigan and has been listed in both Golf Magazine and Golfweek as a Top Course You Can Play, the challenging 7,239-yard course, only minutes from downtown Traverse City, is a shot-maker's dream. The Scottish links-style design is one of very few in northern Michigan and features rolling terrain, wide open fairways and deep, well-placed bunkers. Many holes offer sweeping views of Grand Traverse Bay. Beyond golf, LochenHeath has an outstanding restaurant, a well-stocked pro shop, and an attentive staff that's eager to please. We are transitioning to a fully private club but invite outside play during this transition. For the perfect golf experience, please call to reserve your tee time.
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Wow - that's all I have to say. Wait until you get to #6 - take a look over the side.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Two years ago I was invited to play a round at Lochenheath at the time the course was closed to public and private play, they were mowing it twice a week to try and hold onto the grass. You could see the neglect.

This morning I met 4 buddies at 6:30 am for a round of Golf at Lochenheath from the blue Tee's. I was greated by Club House Manager Travis, and Michigan Golf Industry/Design/Pro Legend Mike Husby. We had a fivesoem which is never any fun but were told if we could keep pace of play moving, we would be OK.

We had the time of our lives. My jaw dropped at the condition of the course, two years ago the greens were neglected, the fair ways weedy, and the bunkers in shambles; not any more. Lochenheath has the best sand of any bunkers in the area. The greens rolled true and are 100% bent grass. T Boxes are level and fair.

The condition of the course I would rate an A - - give it one more month to grow, and Mike and staff to work it over and it will be in as fine of condition as any course in the Traverse City region.

The best aspect of this course is the design, sitting hard to west bay you fell like you are playing a links course, it is challenging but well struck balls are rewarded, greens break as you read them. Your misses are not jail but you will need to hit a good recovery shot. This course allows any style of game to compete, you can play draws, fades, low, high, run the ball in or fly it in. It is simply the finest designed golf course I have ever play and I feel I have played a lot of Northern MI courses.

I give this course a two thumbs up, rates are better than other championship level courses of the north, the carts are the nicest I have ever seen!

thankyou Lochenheath for making a come back!

1  Thank FritzHeller
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A friend of mine was able to get me on the course even though it will not open to the public untill spring 2011. I was simply amazed how good LochenHeath Golf Course is. The design, conditions and views are incredible. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants a special treat.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

The course has been closed to the public for years.When it opens to the public in Spring 2011, it is "a must play golf course". Wonderful conditions and terriffic views and a great layout. I played there last week and my congrads go to everyone who has directed this once private course into a top notch Michigan Resort Course.