“Traverse City Trip”

Turtle Creek Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: It's always time to play at this Native American gaming complex featuring 1,239 slots and 30 table games.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were vacationing at Traverse City, stopped by this Casino, it doesn't have the glamor as in Vegas, but it's OK. I was surprised that smoking is allowed inside the Casino, that makes the air poluted. The Season Buffet was just ordinary, not too many choices. They should have sushi and more seafood. I strolled over to the Hotel, lobby was empty and cold, feel like in hospital. It's a good place to stop for rest for a few hours.

There are newer reviews for Turtle Creek Casino

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We just got home from our stay at this hotel and I couldn't be happier to get out of there. We had reservations and checking in was easy and the lady was very nice. when we entered our room I was very pleased at how nicely decorated it was. One of the first things we noticed was there was no fridge. During our 3 day stay we didn't intend to eat out at every meal and would have liked to keep things in it for a quick snack. I was shocked because I thought all hotels had them now especially with nicer more costly hotels. Also when we did go and get a meal we had to drive pretty far. We probably put more miles trying to get to the closest town to shop and eat then we did getting to northern Michigan. This hotel sits on a highway with only a gas station across the street which you are not even able to walk to unless you want to climb a hill and cross 4 busy lanes of traffic to get to it. We took my 2 teenage daughters and it was a huge inconvenience that this hotel had no pool. The parking really stinks. The parking lot of the hotel part not the casino part is not that big. It seems big enough to accommodate enough guests but it truly isn't. One evening we actually had to park in the grass at the far end of the lot. People actually had to park in their no parking zones. Not sure if the casino users are using this lot, but something should be done about this. Shower has very low water pressure. it was like showering in a sprinkle. Also for 2 of the days we were there we had no internet connection. When we told the front desk they just said it should be working and did nothing else to help. This hotel obviously cares more about the money people are putting in to the casino. In my opinion they should give the kids something to do if you want the parents to spend their time gambling.

1  Thank nina C
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great location, fun to go and gamble the slots a bit, but it's smoky everywhere...I mean, everywhere. You cannot get away from it...they need to improve their ventilation or segregate the smoking big-time....otherwise, it's a no-go for most non-smokers...

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I visited the Turtle Creek Casino for the first time just for the breakfast buffet so I am only reviewing that, not the casino as far as that I can not comment on. The breakfast buffet was $8.05 after the rewards discount or $8.95 before tax with out the 10% discount, it was not very impressive by any casino standards, just basic breakfast stuff, not much in the way of fresh fruit or deserts, compared to the Owada Casino's buffet in Petoskey witch is the best by far with breakfast, fruits, salads, lunch items and ice cream and a lot of deserts with a view, where at turtle creek it felt like i was stuffed into a basement corner, could not get any cell recption either. but if it is just a basic breakfast you are looking for it's ok, food was average nothing to empressive, they do make omlets to order with min. options to choose from as well as fresh waffles to order but not toppings or whip cream for it. I would probly not go back for the breatfast buffet.

2  Thank t s
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I have been to many casinos around the world. This is our absolute favorite. It is beautifully decorated and always sparkling clean. They have tons of slot machines for me, and more than enough table games for him. We always have a great time here. The staff throughout the casino is amazing. Everyone makes us feel like special guests. We would recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank BridjetT