“Great casino - very close to Traverse City”

Turtle Creek Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: It's always time to play at this Native American gaming complex featuring 1,239 slots and 30 table games.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a great place with low stakes table available all day and night, very friendly regulars and plenty of activity at the tables, lots of machines, free sodas, and a great buffet. I was there on a wednesday night...it was crab legs night and MAN did I hit that place hard. Got my money back for sure! :) And the crab legs were to die for.

The casino is well maintained, dealers friendly and chatty. Great drink specials like $1.00 pints while I was there, I had a good time and visited a few different times during my week in Traverse City.

A great option. I'm from the DC area and we have some casinos around by they are TOTALLY OVER RUN with rude people and $25 tables. Not so here...this place was great, $3 table games and lots of fun people around. It's just a friendly area of the country...and it applies here at Turtle Creek too.

A good time.

"denominations"
in 3 reviews
"tc"

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have not stayed in the hotel part But, the casino floor is very nice All the eateries are to the back and easy to find. Plenty of tables, and slot machines to choose from An escalator and an elevator take you to the higher levels which offer great views of the floor. The casino itself from the outside view is quite lovely. I highly reccommend stopping in if you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

While visiting Traverse City, MI we had an opportunity to visit this Casino. From parking lot shuttle service to the front door, to the gaming floor, to the various restaurants and bar areas, this place was very nice, well kept, clean and enjoyable. We haven't stayed at the hotel but the Casino was great fun. Go, if you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were vacationing at Traverse City, stopped by this Casino, it doesn't have the glamor as in Vegas, but it's OK. I was surprised that smoking is allowed inside the Casino, that makes the air poluted. The Season Buffet was just ordinary, not too many choices. They should have sushi and more seafood. I strolled over to the Hotel, lobby was empty and cold, feel like in hospital. It's a good place to stop for rest for a few hours.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We just got home from our stay at this hotel and I couldn't be happier to get out of there. We had reservations and checking in was easy and the lady was very nice. when we entered our room I was very pleased at how nicely decorated it was. One of the first things we noticed was there was no fridge. During our 3 day stay we didn't intend to eat out at every meal and would have liked to keep things in it for a quick snack. I was shocked because I thought all hotels had them now especially with nicer more costly hotels. Also when we did go and get a meal we had to drive pretty far. We probably put more miles trying to get to the closest town to shop and eat then we did getting to northern Michigan. This hotel sits on a highway with only a gas station across the street which you are not even able to walk to unless you want to climb a hill and cross 4 busy lanes of traffic to get to it. We took my 2 teenage daughters and it was a huge inconvenience that this hotel had no pool. The parking really stinks. The parking lot of the hotel part not the casino part is not that big. It seems big enough to accommodate enough guests but it truly isn't. One evening we actually had to park in the grass at the far end of the lot. People actually had to park in their no parking zones. Not sure if the casino users are using this lot, but something should be done about this. Shower has very low water pressure. it was like showering in a sprinkle. Also for 2 of the days we were there we had no internet connection. When we told the front desk they just said it should be working and did nothing else to help. This hotel obviously cares more about the money people are putting in to the casino. In my opinion they should give the kids something to do if you want the parents to spend their time gambling.

1  Thank nina C