“A nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodhaven
Indiana
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for several days at the end of July. Our room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. The room cost was reasonable, a much better value than other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at.

At the moment there is road construction just outside the motel, but its worth the effort to weave your way through. I'll be staying here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newmarket, On
Reviewed 2 July 2013

a liitle pricier than others in this area, but well run, nice hot breakfast and very clean. It is quite close to Flatrock (10 minutes), as well as metro Detroit (20 minutes). Never used the pool or gym while there, but had a look and it too was clean and not crowded.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Marco47,

Many thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven and sharing a review of our establishment. We truly appreciate your business and also your feedback. I am thrilled that you refer to our hotel as the “best in the area.” Our staff is proud of the quality of service we provide to each guest. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. If I can be of any assistance or to make a reservation, feel free to contact me at (734) 362-0933. Thanks again!

Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Be sure to check with hotel if you are requesting a particular floor. We booked 3 rooms in March for our June visit and requested 2nd floor or above. Each room was arriving on three different days so since we were the first we confirmed that all 3 rooms would be on the same floor. We were assured we would be. When I checked in our 3rd room, we were told that they would have to take a first floor room. I was very upset and expressed myself to Jacqui from the front desk. She said that their policy was to TRY to have the room type and floor preference available but I should have requested it earlier and indicated that we had only made our reservation a week prior. I explained that the week prior I called the inn to check our reservations and confirm our requested floor. Luckily, when we returned from our first event, we were given a room on the same floor as the other rooms. It was nice to know that she was able to assist us. This is really an easy fix for HI. As far as the hotel, it is well used as it is the only nice hotel in the area. The bedding is old and worn. The pool needs some TLC. The lobby area is nice and clean. The breakfast area is very nice. They offered also of choices and everything was always available. The 2 employees that greet you are wonderful. Smiling and greeting everyone that enters. Asking if they have assist you in anyway. They were helping everyone and if an item was running low they would say they are heating up and will be out in a few. They when they refilled they would come to your table to let you know. I can't say enough about them. The evening cookies are a special treat also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as the ice machines are noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SimplyParadise,

Thank you for making Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven your hotel of choice. I am glad you enjoyed our lobby as well as the breakfast area. Our breakfast ladies aim to provide each guest with a satisfied appetite and an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them.

I am sorry your floor preference was not initially available to you. We make every attempt to accommodate special requests. Unfortunately, due to occupancy and the arrival/departure patterns, not all requests may be fulfilled. I am pleased to hear Jacqui was ultimately able to resolve this issue for you.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your comments. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at (734) 362-0933. We hope to see you again soon.

Mio, Michigan
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, clean rooms ...not much else we need. Breakfast was typical but good. What wasn't typical was the breakfast employee named "Betty." I watched her as she went the extra mile to be friendly and helpful to everyone. She taught a little boy to make pancakes with the machine. What a gem she was. It is people like her that make a hotel experience memorable.

• Stayed June 2013
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hello Patricia H!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Woodhaven. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; we have a great team that works diligently to exceed guests’ expectations. We appreciate you sharing your most recent experience here on Tripadvisor.com. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to Betty and our entire staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was my home for many nights while I was in process of moving to the area. The staff was wonderful. It is a new and well maintained hotel that is conveniently located just off I-75 south of Detroit in a nice area. Indoor pool is convenient and clean area for kids. Morning breakfast is great and mid week nights are nice for regular customers to enjoy snacks and light meals provided by staff. Amazing wood staircase in lobby that leads to 2nd floor. My company has used this hotel for business meetings for 5 years and we have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: West side rooms are more quiet and away from the highway traffic noise for light sleepers. Also lig...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Hello ToddR796!

I’d first like to thank you for your kind words you shared about The Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven here on Tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to hear you refer to our hotel as your “home away from home.” That is what our staff aims for, great hotels guests love.

I’d also like to say how much we appreciate your company’s continued loyalty to our brand and our hotel in particular.

Whether it is your next business meeting or a leisurely stay, we hope to see you again soon! If I can be of any assistance in the future or to book a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me at (734) 362-0933. Thanks again!

Sean_T_10
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was inspired to write a review after reading the prior review. I work for a large company that has a negotiated rate with IHG hotels. As the travel coordinator we use to send our company's employees to another hotel just north of the Holiday Inn Express. I had the pleasure of meeting with David Balch the Holiday Inn Express in Woodhaven's sales director. He has been persistent with his efforts to get our company's business. He mentioned we already have a negotiated rate with their hotel and guaranteed his hotel would impress our guests over where they were currently staying. The hotel we normally stay at was sold out and I took David up on his offer. We have not left the Holiday Inn Express in Woodhaven since then. Our guests always have such positive things to say from the complimentary breakfast to the great service. Since they earned our business (October 2012) our company has given nearly 50 room nights a month. The rate is excellent and it keeps our guests happy. It really is a win win situation. Thank you for your persistence David.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hello Sean_T_10!

Many thanks for taking time to share your thoughts of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Woodhaven here on Tripadvisor.com. The feedback our guests provide is very important to us.

I am glad that you chose to send your company’s employees to our hotel and that your employees were impressed and specifically enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the excellent service our staff provides to our guests.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your company’s employees back to the hotel in the near future. We appreciate your business. Thanks again!

Flat Rock, Michigan
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I sent my company's guests to the Holiday Inn Express in Woodhaven . All of our guests loved the hotel. It is one of the newest hotels in the area. David the sales manager came into my company to earn our business and offered us to go on a tour to see the new improvements they have made. I was so impressed along with our guests. Their breakfast is excellent and the lady is so welcoming. The rooms are spacious and very clean. These are a few of the compliments our guests had to say about the Holiday Inn Express. Thanks to David he has a new company staying at his hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhaven
Best Western Woodhaven Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 2 in Flat Rock
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven? Share your experiences!