“Excellent visit”

Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodhaven
“Excellent visit”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stay here often specifically for the excellent customer service. Never had any issues with reservations or schedule changes. Management has been nothing but helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good for a free continental. Great stay as usual! Will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel itself it clean and well kept but the customer service provided by Management is very poor. If you have any issues you might as well keep them to yourself. Had a three day reservation that might have to be shorter, was told I had until 6pm the night of each stay to cancel. After the first night called to cancel remaining days about 30 minutes before 6pm and was told I had until 6pm for a new reservation but only until 2pm for existing. Charged for additional night even thought I didn't stay there. Explained what I was told and was told sorry by manage Vicky, they told you incorrectly and that is there policy, never got my money back. Explained the situation again to manager and IHG customer service and sent details to support my claim and was by home office it is up to the manager (Vicky), she wouldn't even listen to me and hung up the phone, no refund will be issued.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Phil H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Phil H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indiana
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for several days at the end of July. Our room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. The room cost was reasonable, a much better value than other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at.

At the moment there is road construction just outside the motel, but its worth the effort to weave your way through. I'll be staying here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Newmarket, On
Reviewed 2 July 2013

a liitle pricier than others in this area, but well run, nice hot breakfast and very clean. It is quite close to Flatrock (10 minutes), as well as metro Detroit (20 minutes). Never used the pool or gym while there, but had a look and it too was clean and not crowded.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Marco47,

Many thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven and sharing a review of our establishment. We truly appreciate your business and also your feedback. I am thrilled that you refer to our hotel as the “best in the area.” Our staff is proud of the quality of service we provide to each guest. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. If I can be of any assistance or to make a reservation, feel free to contact me at (734) 362-0933. Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Be sure to check with hotel if you are requesting a particular floor. We booked 3 rooms in March for our June visit and requested 2nd floor or above. Each room was arriving on three different days so since we were the first we confirmed that all 3 rooms would be on the same floor. We were assured we would be. When I checked in our 3rd room, we were told that they would have to take a first floor room. I was very upset and expressed myself to Jacqui from the front desk. She said that their policy was to TRY to have the room type and floor preference available but I should have requested it earlier and indicated that we had only made our reservation a week prior. I explained that the week prior I called the inn to check our reservations and confirm our requested floor. Luckily, when we returned from our first event, we were given a room on the same floor as the other rooms. It was nice to know that she was able to assist us. This is really an easy fix for HI. As far as the hotel, it is well used as it is the only nice hotel in the area. The bedding is old and worn. The pool needs some TLC. The lobby area is nice and clean. The breakfast area is very nice. They offered also of choices and everything was always available. The 2 employees that greet you are wonderful. Smiling and greeting everyone that enters. Asking if they have assist you in anyway. They were helping everyone and if an item was running low they would say they are heating up and will be out in a few. They when they refilled they would come to your table to let you know. I can't say enough about them. The evening cookies are a special treat also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as the ice machines are noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SimplyParadise,

Thank you for making Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven your hotel of choice. I am glad you enjoyed our lobby as well as the breakfast area. Our breakfast ladies aim to provide each guest with a satisfied appetite and an enjoyable experience. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them.

I am sorry your floor preference was not initially available to you. We make every attempt to accommodate special requests. Unfortunately, due to occupancy and the arrival/departure patterns, not all requests may be fulfilled. I am pleased to hear Jacqui was ultimately able to resolve this issue for you.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your comments. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at (734) 362-0933. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Mio, Michigan
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, clean rooms ...not much else we need. Breakfast was typical but good. What wasn't typical was the breakfast employee named "Betty." I watched her as she went the extra mile to be friendly and helpful to everyone. She taught a little boy to make pancakes with the machine. What a gem she was. It is people like her that make a hotel experience memorable.

• Stayed June 2013
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hello Patricia H!

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Woodhaven. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; we have a great team that works diligently to exceed guests’ expectations. We appreciate you sharing your most recent experience here on Tripadvisor.com. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to Betty and our entire staff. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was my home for many nights while I was in process of moving to the area. The staff was wonderful. It is a new and well maintained hotel that is conveniently located just off I-75 south of Detroit in a nice area. Indoor pool is convenient and clean area for kids. Morning breakfast is great and mid week nights are nice for regular customers to enjoy snacks and light meals provided by staff. Amazing wood staircase in lobby that leads to 2nd floor. My company has used this hotel for business meetings for 5 years and we have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: West side rooms are more quiet and away from the highway traffic noise for light sleepers. Also lig...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 14 April 2013
Hello ToddR796!

I’d first like to thank you for your kind words you shared about The Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven here on Tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to hear you refer to our hotel as your “home away from home.” That is what our staff aims for, great hotels guests love.

I’d also like to say how much we appreciate your company’s continued loyalty to our brand and our hotel in particular.

Whether it is your next business meeting or a leisurely stay, we hope to see you again soon! If I can be of any assistance in the future or to book a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me at (734) 362-0933. Thanks again!

Vicki Willard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhaven
Best Western Woodhaven Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 2 in Flat Rock
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven? Share your experiences!