“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Woodhaven
DOVER
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights for a reunion we had in Trenton. So it was the closest hotel. This holiday inn was so nice!!! The workers were so friendly and always talked to us. The room was huge and clean. If u need to stay in woodhaven this is the place to stay!! U will not be disappointed!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CAROL L
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hello Carol L!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to read you enjoyed our friendly staff, as well as the size and cleanliness of the room. Thank you for making Holiday Inn Express – Woodhaven your hotel of choice while attending your reunion in Trenton. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

While checking the bed, I found one hair on top of the top sheet under the pillow. Also, either the walls are very thin, or my neighbor was snoring very loud was it woke me in the middle of the night. (Perhaps both my neighbor was loud and the walls are thin?)
The hotel itself seemed nice, although its driveway is routed oddly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SuperPoser
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Mike E,

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay. It is truly disappointing to hear you were not 100% satisfied with your overall stay. Your satisfaction is our number one priority and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept my apology for the issues you experienced at our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further our Guest Services team can be reached at (734)362-0933. We hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Was here with my wife for a staycation. Jacuzzi room was great! Breakfast was tasty. Hot cinnamon rolls, cheese omelets, and sausage. Very enjoyable & peaceful. Great Italian restaurant delivered to the room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello Brandy W!

Thank you for sharing a few comments about your stay, It’s great to hear the two of you enjoyed a whirlpool room and the tasty breakfast. The hot cinnamon rolls are delicious, next time be sure to take one in a to-go box, they’re just as yummy warmed up later for a snack! Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Express - Woodhaven, we hope you’ll “staycation” with us again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My last review was for Comfort Inn in Taylor, MI. Well, that story ended with me checking out of that hotel after 2 awful nights and my company rebooked me in Woodhaven, MI at the Holiday Inn for the next 2 night of my business trip. Ahhhh! What a relief it is to have a Holiday Inn nearby as I was very pleased from my late check in to my check out. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and have already informed my Corporate Travel Coordinator to please profile this hotel for the rest of my visits to the area, which I will be there every week, Sunday to Thursday for the next 8 weeks.

The hotel is close to airport (about a 20 minute drive), clean, nice staff, breakfast and a dinner social with a small meal is provided. The parking lot is a little confusing since the hotel practically shares its space with the Best Western in its front yard. Other than that, you can't go wrong with this choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KWCCareerCoaching
Vicki W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello KWCCareerCoaching!

I am thrilled you found your way to Woodhaven, MI and chose our hotel as your home away from home. Our staff works diligently to provide clean, comfortable and safe accommodations for all our guests. Thank you for sharing a great review about Holiday Inn Express - Woodhaven. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with superior service during each of you stays with us.

Kindest Regards,
Vicki Willard
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I stay here often specifically for the excellent customer service. Never had any issues with reservations or schedule changes. Management has been nothing but helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good for a free continental. Great stay as usual! Will be back soon.

• Stayed August 2013
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel itself it clean and well kept but the customer service provided by Management is very poor. If you have any issues you might as well keep them to yourself. Had a three day reservation that might have to be shorter, was told I had until 6pm the night of each stay to cancel. After the first night called to cancel remaining days about 30 minutes before 6pm and was told I had until 6pm for a new reservation but only until 2pm for existing. Charged for additional night even thought I didn't stay there. Explained what I was told and was told sorry by manage Vicky, they told you incorrectly and that is there policy, never got my money back. Explained the situation again to manager and IHG customer service and sent details to support my claim and was by home office it is up to the manager (Vicky), she wouldn't even listen to me and hung up the phone, no refund will be issued.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Phil H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Phil H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indiana
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for several days at the end of July. Our room was clean, well appointed and quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. The room cost was reasonable, a much better value than other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at.

At the moment there is road construction just outside the motel, but its worth the effort to weave your way through. I'll be staying here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodhaven
Best Western Woodhaven Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#1 of 2 in Flat Rock
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodhaven? Share your experiences!