“You get all that you pay for and more!”

Corfu Senses Resort
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have just come back from the Corfu Senses hotel. My daughter and I travelled together and absolutely had everything we needed from a sunshine holiday and more. The hotel staff were absolutely amazing and really were the best part of the hotel. The hotel is very small and friendly which makes the stay all the more enjoyable as it allows people to bond in the evenings. The animation team try very hard to please every taste. The negative side is they don’t start until 10.30pm and the AI bar stops at 11pm. As the other reports mention there are a lot of wasps around in the day, but go to sleep in the evenings. It’s worth getting a taxi for 10 euros on a Thursday to Messonghi ( as its animation team night off) This is a town / strip which has loads of cocktail bars and shops and makes a change of scenery. Also has a nice beach, if you visit in the daytime you can catch a bus just outside the hotel. Food in the hotel is very nice and changes every day so you don’t get too board, bread is homemade and is perfect. To sum it up, it’s a casual friendly clean hotel, where you get what you pay for. I think we had an excellent deal and would return without hesitation. It really depends what you want from a holiday, we just wanted to have sun, sea, beach and a pool, with good food, friendly service and a pleasant atmosphere to spend the evenings. We both met some lovely people and were very sad to leave.

2  Thank Emma W

Reviewed 2 September 2012

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this resort with my husband and daughter who is 15, and my parents who are in their 70's.......although as earlier reported, the Hotel is on a bend....we were dropped outside, safely.......yes you approach the Hotel on a slight 'downhill'.....but it is manageable......We were then greeted by Finnola, who shares the Reception with Jacqueline........both were more than pleased to help out with any problems that we had........and believe me, they were few and far betweeen To our room we then went........basic, as most Greek accomodation is....but clean........the bed mattresses are hard.........we asked for 'toppers' which were provided that same day......and our 'rest' time was complete. The bathroom was small....but, clean......again, as with most Greek accomodation.........we asked for extra towels and had them the same day......bedding and towels were exchanged regularly........Our Air Conditioning was fine.......Hot Water was available....ALL Day long........and our shower was excellent........Food was great........breakfast, lunch and evening meal..........always a good choice....all buffet style.....used plates were removed quickly from the tables, which were always set out well........we never had to search for napkins or cutlery.................Outside there is a bar area, pool, lawned area providing ample shade, a pebble beach,,and the sea....clear blue skies and tranquilty....Music played from around 10.30.....mostly background.......louder when the Pool Gym began, which lasted a bout 10 mins, and then reduced again.....there were a few activities during the day....darts games, 'fun' games, water vollyball.....activities for smaller children........but nothing that intruded on your day, if that was your choice.......ALL the staff were nothing but friendly.........We did learn during our visit, that the Hotel is now under NEW management, but only since the beginning of this season..........and that when the Hotel closes down in a few works time it is being re vamped ready for next year..........including the 'Pool' area...........I look forward to visiting in the future!!!

3  Thank Jules7041
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Where to start!!!!!!!!!

Arrived at the hotel and immediatley my heart sank middle of nowhere on a crazy road bend.

Checked in our room which was very basic, you had to crawl under the sink to use the toliet and I would have had more of a success using a watering can for a shower.

Bar area opens at 10am if you can near it for the wasps - the pool you cannot fault, amazing pool and sunbathing areas but if your not a bather you have to take buses or taxis to visit the local towns - some taxis will not take you back as the hotel/taxis have an ongoing feud.

Room - Rooms dont normally bother me as i see it as a pit stop for sleeping but in this heat at night and air con blowing out hot air combined wxith rock hard beds dont go well,

The wasp situation could have been sorted with specialise pest control but instead the nests are all over the hotel.

Food - Well you wont starve but you wont enjoy either, wasps dive bombing you constantly and landing in your food. Breakfast is vile unless you like beer soacked ham and bread. Sort of a DIY service as I was always hunting for cutlery and napkins.

Bar - I have never experienced a hotel with plastic cups before and no wine glasses, thats when you could get to the bar because of wasps again

Entertainment - Great if you like the same thing every night, heads shoulders knee and toes and bingo bongo adult entertainment seemed to start once you had to start paying for your drinks - genius idea for making money.

All in all yes this is a buget hotel I paid £710 for 1 week flights included and to be honest I have had 100 times better else where, ended up spending a fortune eating and drinking out and spening money on taxis as the locqation is too dangerous to walk anywhere.

I will not be returning and found that the staff have no customer care- the cleaner could not be bothered as I had clean towels once and if i asked for clean towels her expression looked as if i had just had a wee on her kids.

To sum this up I would say - filthy, unfriendly, unhelpful, over expensive for what the hotel is, faulty towers beats this hands down. I will never return here and would not recommend this.

Also be prepared to have 40 euros in cash for a sea view room even though you requested one

Room Tip: Find a room where wasp nests are not underneath the balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clare c
SK R, Manager at Corfu Senses Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Clare,

We have carefully reviewed your comments and first of all would like to apologise that the hotel didn't mat your expectations.

Let me please assure you that the wasps problems was the common issue for all hotels in that area. We tried to fix the problem during the season but the average of issue was "unbeatable" even with the help of pest services. We are sorry about this.

Also we didn't face the serious safe issues in terms of location of Corfu Senses Resort. Usually you can take the bus during the day but unfortunatelly busses are not available during the night. Sometimes we sugest our guests to share the taxi if they going together to the center or just get a cab for the nearest village which would cost you around 10 euros.

We are really apologising if our staff was unfriendly to you and provided inconvinient service. We will take into consideartion this issue and will improve it.

Also we would like to welcome you again in our hotel to see the improvements. If you would like to come again please let us now in advance via email with reference to your Tripadvisor comment and we will give you special rates for the coming season.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We are 6 days into our 2week holiday, so I thought I would write a LIVE review. We only booked 5days before we flew out & without checking reviews.bit of a gamble but holidays are what you make of them. I did look after and thought ooops?? Well let's see because people are very quick to complain but not so to compliment.
It is now 8:10am & I am sat by the pool having breakfast with the dreaded Wasps,oh no I'm gonna die seriously don't be alarmed YES there are olive trees & fruit trees around so yes there are wasps but that's why there are no flies. I would take the cleaner wasp anyway, & yes I have been stung twice before once in America & once in UK but not here. The wasps are not Angry like British wasps? Maybe it's the weather. They are more like British Bees simply after the fruits & sugar. So that's the wasp issue OVER!!
Hotel is great, firstly only 30mins from airport, that's a breath after my last 3 holidays to Turkey that were nice but 2-3hours from Airport. Rooms are basic but I only wanna put my head down si no probs, nice shower. Staff are very friendly and helpfull if you need anything just ask. Hotel is clean, FREE WiFi is nice, that's how I can do this now, by the way I have moved back to our spot on the grass just 10 FEET from the sea, it's gently lapping now!! This is after the gardener cut the grass!! So you see they are trying hard. It's a beautiful peaceful spot. There is entertainment day & night through the animation team who also work & try very hard to help People enjoy their holiday. Pool is lovely. Food us excellent better than a 4star I stayed in in turkey, there is plenty of it, although how they keep up in the kitchen is unbelievable when some people, from certain Countries take plate after plateful of food all at the same time. The record I have seen I'd 2 people on a small table with 7 full plates & 2 soups all at the same time, makes ya feel sick. I have seen a table of 5 people with 14plates full of food. Probably the same people that then moan about food?
Got the green bus from outside last night for a 30min trip into Corfu town, very nice. Beware the kid giving nots of poverty out saying he'll be back, ( obviously watched the Arnold movies), nobody gave him money that we witnessed but later on we sore the same kid sat down on his movule phone probably calling his Pimp. Be strong.
Water is Lovely we drift down the beach on our Lilo's if you want some if that peace and relaxation with entertainment when you want it then you really SHOULD book here, it's great value for money, yes the inclusive bar stops at 11pm woopy doo, I am on Mimosas all day long so it does nt bother me, you can always get a little smarter that the average bear!! Nudge nudge, nice fridge in room. Air con works great. Not seen a cloud in the sky. I will write a report at the end but probably a bit shorter than this.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Nickinackinu
Reviewed 27 August 2012

To make it easier to read I'm going to break down into sections. This was my first holiday abroad with my girlfriend, we are both 23.

Food - 4* - For a reasonably small hotel providing buffet meals, the range and quality of food is excellent for all meals. Although we didn't use the service other than getting ice cream from the freezer next to the pool bar, I understand that you can order snacks outside of meal times.

Rooms - 3* - The rooms are quite small, but bed and bathroom are acceptable. The highlight of the room was undoubtedly the balcony, which was a nice place to relax in the evenings.

Entertainment- 3/4* - Although this is predominantly targeted at families and the older generation, the Animation team were generally enthusiastic and worked hard to create activities to fill your evenings.

Bar- 4/5*- The pool side bar was not only convenient, but served a wide range of drinks (albeit in the small plastic glasses that are used at most all-inclusive hotels). The suggestion of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails was a nice touch.

Staff - 5* - From receptionist to restaurant staff, all members of staff were extremely friendly and what was particularly impressive was their ability to speak a diverse range of languages so that no nationality felt left out.

Location - 5* - Next to the hotel is a very nice beach, with crystal clear waters and was a peaceful place to relax both in the daytime and in the evening. Although perhaps not to everyone's taste, the hotel is out of the major towns and so is very peaceful. However an excellent bus service and excursions organised by the Animation team mean that there are plenty of opportunities to visit other places.

Overall we had a great time, with the lasting memory being the helpful staff and the peaceful location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nbrb88
Reviewed 21 August 2012

just returned from 7 day stay was a bit worried before we arrived but the good points are food was excellent, good choice andvery tasty. Staff very friendly and helpful the animation team are fantastic and very hard working, we had our 14yr old grandson with us and they made sure he was not bored and made friends. We met some fantastic people and had a great time. the beach and sea are stoney so make sure to take some shoes for the sea. things that need to be improved on sunbeds not enough of them and lots broken, air conditioning not working a lot of the time but if you complain it soon starts working again, decor looking tired could do with a lick of paint,AI ends at 11 at night when entertainment is still going on very annoying cause if you want another drink after that you have to pay, yes there was lots of wasps due to surrounding fruit trees but not a problem, would we go back again YES

2  Thank doreen d
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Well as a first timer to corfu didnt know what to expect and to be honest felt a bit let down when first arrived
This did change however once we got our bearings and met some great people from Halifax and Liverpool (I know they are northern but very nice folks lol )
The rooms were very basic but only used them to place our heads at night so not really bothered about them
Food was ok the soup and bread were lush and never went hungry ,ice cream was to die for
Drinks were ok too beer was nice but maily had tequila sunrises
Main concern was the grating around the pool needs fixing urgently or somebody god forbid will seriously get injured
As i said great people and had some good laughs playing water volleyball daily against the italians and albanians
Evening entertainment was good as long as you were prepared to join in
Very competitive Scouser called Tony finally got his certificate for winning table tennis so was chuffed for him
Only other concern was getting up early for sunbeds always said would never do but as the Albanians were the worst culprits you had to fight fire with fire (Needs addressing manager)
Overall a nice break made all the better by the people we met ,probably wouldnt go back but enjoyed

2  Thank SwindonMike
#2 of 7 in Moraitika
Golden Sands Hotel
Golden Sands Hotel
#10 of 15 in Agios Georgios

Been to Corfu Senses Resort? Share your experiences!