“Perfect holiday”

Soar Mill Cove Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Malborough
Reviewed 16 March 2014

An excellent hotel that passed all my expectations! The room was very large and comfortable, nothing was to much trouble. The staff were so willing to help, from the moment we arrived Matt and hotel doggy made use feel so welcome!! Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason B
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

A perfect holiday, that makes for such great reading! I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful stay. Matt and Farley make a great team; they have worked together for some years now. I hope that you can enjoy another perfect holiday with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Soar Mill Cove Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a early break away with the family.... What a gem of a place... and we were so lucky with the weather.

This place is a pet owners dream, fantastic 5 star facilities and you can take your dog. The perfect family destination for all the family. If you don't have a pet, this place is equally child friendly, my son just loved the new pool.

The views from our room were just amazing, the room was clean, smart and certainly no signs of pet hair. (Something I really do not like, which is why I have a schnauzer).

I found the service from the staff exceptional, Matthew made sure we had nothing to worry about, even taking the time to entertain my son.

Plenty of walks if you want them, plenty of peace and quiet if you prefer. Can't wait to go back...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent holiday. Thank you for talking the time and leaving such a lovely review, I’ll be sure to pass my congratulations onto the staff. I hope that we can welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

In addition to my sisters earlier comment about our mums 60th weekend, I would like to add that our family felt as if we were imposing at times, as if we had entered someones house rather than a hotel. This was apparent at dinner and breakfast when are courses were hurriedly given to us and taken away for the next. We could not enjoy the meal and the timing of our courses at our leisure! We had been so eagerly anticipating the 3 course dinner as the main event of the weekend. Moreover, we were not informed about the dip and dine offer and read this in a magazine subsequent to our stay!

The hotel, it's surroundings and the rooms were lovely but unfortunately the weekend did not live up to our expectations. The meal was disappointing (plus the whole dining experience) and the staff were not very friendly or informative! Such a shane!

• Stayed: February 2014
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Having already replied to your sister’s earlier review, I can only echo what was previously said. Clearly our usual high level of service went missing, for reasons I can’t explain. I’m sorry that you felt so rushed during your dinner, the hotel was a little quiet and clearly the team were too effective. I have nothing but praise for the staff’s normal high level service; they truly give 100% and are praised daily by our guests, making your stay harder to understand. Our Dip and Dine is only available for non-residents it gives our locals the opportunity to have a relaxing lunch and a dip in our pool, this offer is not available to our hotel residents, because guests already have use of our leisure facilities. I’m so pleased that you liked your room and the surrounding area. If you wish to contact me directly, please do not hesitate in doing so.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

we had such a lovely time at this hotel. beautiful location . really friendly and helpful staff. dog friendly for lovely beach walks. lovely pool area . really recommend this place for a fab weekend break.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are incredibly lucky to have such a beautiful location and the recent dry weather means there’s plenty of walking opportunities. I’m pleased you were so well look after and thank you so much for recommending us!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Myself, four sisters and mum stayed at this hotel to celebrate my mums 60th birthday. The rooms were clean, views amazing but the staff were not welcoming or very informative. We booked treatments that was fine. Our evening meal was a disappointment. I had to send my pate back and i have never not liked pate....even the chef and waitress agreed it tasted horrible. Our meringues were like cardboard.....i did not want to make a fuss at the table as i could not get this evening back to celebrate my mums 60th. The waitress advised me to speak to reception in the morning. So i did.....no apology was given and a reluctant £7 was taken off the bill of which came to £900. So i felt for one nights stay paying this amount of money we should have come away feeling refreshed, happy and wanting to go back. Myself and sisters have felt very upset that a weekend we had been looking forward to was a great disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Such reviews always make for hard reading; I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed. I’m sure you can see by many of our previous reviews, both the staff and our food get highly praised! However it seems that on this occasion we did not offer you and your family our normal high quality service, for this I send my apologies. What concerns me was the price of £900, having looked at your bill I can see that this includes, £200 on spa treatments, 3 rooms of which were sea views or suites, dinner and drinks for all 6 guests. I’m pleased that your rooms were a plus point and that you enjoyed your treatments.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a truly wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful and the staff were so helpful. They have the perfect balance between exceptional dining and real comfort - not at all stuffy like some restaurants can be - we felt totally at ease, both in the restaurant and the lovely lounge where we happily spent a few hours with a good book and the fantastic views. Stunning food, delicious breakfasts and great to be able to take the dog too! The pool and spa area was a real treat, spotlessly clean and so relaxing. Can't find a single negative thing to say - we'll be going back as soon as we can.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KIm B
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Such confidence is given to all the staff when they read such great reviews; I’m so pleased you had such a wonderful stay! I hope that we can welcome you back, always great to see familiar faces.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We had the most wonderful break at this beautiful hotel .
Great pool and spa area. We took our dog which was such a treat , we were able to have early beach walks followed by a Yummy breakfast. Lovely staff , so helpful . Can't wait to return

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Phillipa J
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful holiday!! Nothing better than being able to take your dog away on holiday with you, we would hate to leave our Farley at home. I look forward to welcoming you back to our family home!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malborough
Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
#3 of 4 in Hope Cove
The Sun Bay Hotel
The Sun Bay Hotel
#2 of 4 in Hope Cove

Been to Soar Mill Cove Hotel? Share your experiences!