Soar Mill Cove Hotel
US$300
US$523
US$457
The Cottage Hotel(Hope Cove)
US$217
TripAdvisor
Thurlestone Hotel(Thurlestone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmakepeace familysun loungerssea viewcream teaindoor poolsalt waterleisure facilitiesstunning locationpatio doorsnothing is too much troublefillet steakrelaxing breakspa treatmentsself cateringlounge areacoastal walknational trust
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5th to the 9th of July with all of our family 11 of us.... My grandad slipped on the pool side due to his age and being a little unstable broke his leg.... But the staff particularly Matt on reception were very helpful. My family were at the beach at the time and he ran down to the them impressive.... But then ran back up to the hotel.... Even more impressive as I was out of breath just walking back from the beach. Can't thank you enough for that Matt.

Now the rooms well they were very well kept and working in a hotel myself I know what to look for. Not a speck of dust anywhere and be live me I checked :)

Food and service were second to non I put on a few pounds (did not go down well with wife to be) busy it was so good. The waitress Jess was lovely always smiling and she seemed to do so much there at breakfast cleaned the rooms and back for dinner service amazing thank you.

I apologize I didn't get all the staff members names but you all where so nice and helpful.

Thank you again from the King family. All the best to Jess I hope you see your family soon

Chris

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I’m delighted that you all had such a lovely family holiday despite the unexpected accident. Matt seems to cope very well with everything that is thrown at him, once again he has proved to be a relaxed head in an emergency. Jess indeed deserves plenty of praise! she always has a smile on her face and is a very important member of the team. I’ll be sure to congratulate all the staff for looking after you so well. I hope that Mr King makes a full recovery and we can welcome you back next year.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The road to this hotel is narrow but it is short, and when you arrive, the view is exquisite. It is near the Coast path so there are delightful walks immediately from the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the food was of the highest quality with emphasis on home made dishes, jams etc. There is a convenient washing machine and drier available for no charge. The hotel is small so booking early is essential. The staff are extremely helpful. With all the walking I needed a podiatrist. They found one for me who had a vacancy and made the appointment. I look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room that takes full advantage of the magnificent view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you firstly for your lovely review! We are so lucky to have such a lovely location, I would also call it exquisite. It’s great to hear that you were so well looked after and enjoy your experience with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I rang to book for lunch. No problem. Just come. We did but were told the lunch menu of two courses for £15 wasn't available. The menu offered was very limited and not what we wanted. The people on the next table were in the same position. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank yesvil

I’m sorry that you left so disappointed; clearly we made an advertising error. We are just about to launch a new exciting lunch menu with some very tasty sharing plates, in the hope that we can add something extra special to a daytime at the Cove.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights the beginning of June. It is a beautiful peaceful place, ideal for a relaxing break. As weather was glorious we really did not want to leave our sunny patio complete with parasols and sun loungers overlooking the sea. The staff were very obliging - nothing too much trouble! If you want to get away from it all and enjoy natural surroundings, this is the place. Would definitely recommend!!

4  Thank cheery1
Keith Makepeace, Manager at Soar Mill Cove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Indeed the Soar Mill Cove Hotel is a very special place, which we love to share with all our residents! I’m delighted that you had such a lovely stay, I’ll be sure to pass on your congratulation onto the staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the planet! The attention to detail is faultless, the staff are delightful, attentive, smiling and helpful. The swimming pool (salt water, heated) is large and well maintained. The food was fresh, well prepared and very special, even the raspberry jam with scones was of the highest quality and no doubt homemade. We left feeling relaxed and although the price is quite high it is worth every penny!

2  Thank ParsleyThyme

Our location is indeed magical and I’m so pleased that you had such an enjoyable holiday. The staff always gives 100%, there’s nothing we want more than our guests to go home feeling relaxed and well looked after. The Salt water swimming pool has been a huge success; it really has added that wow factor to our leisure complex. Thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to welcome you back.