“Family friendly and awesome”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Reviewed 2 April 2012

So my husband scored a deal on this place on Priceline and it was amazing. It's so close to Ann Arbor and unlike most Marriotts I've stayed at, they do not charge for parking. The pool was clean and well-kept, though we had a delay on getting more towels. The decor was elegant yet homey and apparently they specialize in weddings and I could see that it would be an excellent place to have the full nuptial experience. Our room had an amazing view of the lake and the gardens outside. I would totally stay here again in a moment.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The rooms are a bit worn and have the noisier wall mounted HVAC units and the hotel is showing its age. So why would I rate it so high? First of all it's a full service hotel with concierge lounge access for much less than the nearest Courtyard. Especially when using a corporate rate which I was when I stayed. Second, the staff was genuinely friendly and attentive. Third, the concierge lounge stocked better drinks and dessert than many other Marriotts I've stayed at.

Just a great value if visiting Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I staid here with my wife for a business-leisure trip last November.
The bedroom and bathroom were good. But the bedding was better.
The breakfast was also a good choice and their room service was diligent and provide us with lots of alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a golf course - lake view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Got it through priceline at $70/day for a weekend get away with family and did not expect much. The staff is best in class and very willing to accomodate special requests , the restaurant is wonderful, hassle free check-in and check-out, very friendly hotel for kids with indoor pool.
Only opportunity for improvement is the availability of the elevators. If you get a room in higher floors it can take up to 7 mins waiting for one.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Our room was nice though the beds were small. We had a great view overlooking Ford Lake. The kids enjoyed the pool. we were there for a hockey tournament and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They set-up a ball room specifically for the hockey players to have fun and blow off some steam. Very good idea.

Each day we had breakfast at Bentley's on the lower level. The food was good the service was very good but on the last day of our stay we went down for breakfast and the buffet was empty. The server was doing his best to keep everyone happy. We also ate at The View in the main lobby. The food was very good but the service and kitchen needs help. You have to ask for everything, menus, silverware, water, take the order, bill, etc. One couple in our group never received there food. They were there over almost two hours and when they questioned the server he said he "forgot to put their order in."

Overall, not a bad stay. Clean rooms, small beds, slow kitchen, good food, great staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lakeside and watched some beautiful sunrises over the lake.
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My room overlooked a beautiful scene of rolling hills and a lovely lake, I wouldn't have guessed it was a golf course in mid-February (in Ypsilanti, for that matter). Clean room, comfortable beds, and quiet! I had noticed a girls athletic team occupying several rooms on our floor, and thought we might be in for a noisy night, but I didn't hear a thing. I took one mark off for a missing set of towels. Otherwise, a very good stay.

Room Tip: choose one overlooking the golf course, if possible
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights for a conference in mid-September not knowing what to expect. So I was happily surprised to see how nice this full-service resort really was! The lobby's welcoming atmosphere was enhanced by the adjacent bar and restaurant. My room was quite spacious and clean as well, with a very comfortable, king-sized bed with great lighting and a decent sized, well equipped bathroom (although I've had much larger). The room decor was tastefully done with a comfortable overstuffed chair for reading and a great desk for work.

What I really liked was the seclusion of this resort! In spite of its urban location, it was reached off a busy road by a winding, private drive. Views out the hotel windows, especially on the resort's back side were of the golf course and wooded Ford Lake. The general feel was of an exclusive resort tucked away in the northern woodlands. I didn't feel any need to leave!

Room Tip: Get a room in the back on an upper floor to get a great view of the lake and grounds.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
8 mi away
Residence Inn Ann Arbor Downtown
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!