“Conference stay...no need to even leave the hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Chicago, Illinois
“Conference stay...no need to even leave the hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was here for a conference and due to a meeting the night before, ended up on an overnight bus to get there-- not ideal. My colleague and I arrived at 5:45 am having not slept enough and without a room to check into until 3pm. Thankfully, the folks working the desk were great and were able to check us in a bit early, which allowed us to shower and be somewhat presentable (albeit tired) for the conference itself.

The hotel has a great conference center. We had a large ballroom for our two keynote addresses and then there were rooms of varying sizes for breakout sessions, as well as open spaces for research posters. We ended up having the buffet lunch served in the general dining area, which had great options with plenty for vegetarians or meat lovers.

After the conference, we were able to grab a drink with our colleagues at the hotel bar, which was perfect and they had a decent selection. Needing some alone time after a day filled with chatter, I ended up ordering food for delivery for dinner. They were able to come right to my hotel room door, which was perfect. The next morning, I had the breakfast buffet, which had a great selection including options of made to order omelettes, freshly made waffles and plenty of fruit, and breakfast meat.

All the staff were friendly and helpful and in general, I really enjoyed my experience there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mollyhh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Great staff. Came in with a large group on one days notice and the general manager and event coordinator did a fantastic job meeting our groups needs. Would recommend it for any occasion.

Also had a great view of the Eagle Crest golf course which is a great place to play if you like golf.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Nice to have a full service Marriott in the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area. This is an older property that has been recently renovated. The lobby is beautiful, and the front desk staff are very helpful and attentive.

Rooms really vary in size, but most rooms are a bit snug, but renovated with new Marriott furnishings and bedding. Large HDTV with DirecTV, which is nice. Bathrooms are a bit small, and cheapened by the old Sunbeam hairdryers hanging on the wall. (This is one of my big pet peeves about this hotel). Hallways are also renovated and inviting, but the doorways have just been repainted and still look old and worn.

I have stayed here several times over the past few months and service could not be better. I did have a problem with the wireless one night, and when they couldn't figure out what the problem was, they very happily moved me to another area.

Hotel is located on a beautiful golf course, but every time I have been here it is has been very cold. Would love to return in the summer and see what it looks like in season.

Upgrades for Platinum are usually to Concierge Floor, but if not available, access to lounge is always available. Lounge breakfast is very good, evening snacks not so much (prepackaged lukewarm apps, and in the 16 nights I have spent here in the past few months carrot cake has been the dessert almost every evening). Service is lovely.

Housekeeping is the real downfall here. Once the linens on the bed were wet (damp), and I have found dirty towels (not mine) on the floor in my room several times upon returning after a days work. Many times the plates/glasses from the concierge lounge have been left in my room (now, I just return them myself), and not removed. Sloppy.

They seem to hold a lot of small conferences and business meetings here. Plenty of parking. Lots of restaurants around as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hginphl
Kristen L, Manager at Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us! The Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest Golf and Conference Center take great pride in providing our guests with brilliant service. We appreciate your business as we know that travelers have so many options of where to stay when they are away from home. Thank you for bringing to our attention the issues you had with Housekeeping, we are continually working to improve our processes and please know that we have addressed the issue. All of us here look forward to hosting you again!
charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

To be fair, I was only there for one night for business. The property has a resort feel, but the rooms are your cookie cutter Marriott. Not the Ritz, but certainly more upmarket than most hotels in the same genre.

The lobby area was very nice including sitting areas and fireplaces. The meeting rooms and conference center was very nice and staff was helpful and friendly throughout the stay.

I am sure the summer provides a much better outdoor experience, but I certainly wouldn't have an issue staying again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brianparsley
Kristen L, Manager at Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us! The Ann Arbor Marriott takes great pride in providing our guests with brilliant service and keeping our facility in top notch shape. We appreciate your business as we know that travelers have so many options of where to stay when they are away from home. Come see us again in July, when it’s not so cold!
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I attended a conference and stayed offsite. Grounds look beautiful but didn't get much chance to explore as it was January. Lots of parking, friendly staff. Good selection of restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JeffGingerich
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Ann Arbor Marriott! It is our passion to provide our guests with the best possible experience from check in to check out and everything in between and it means so much to each of us to be recognized by our guests for brilliant service. We look forward to your next visit!
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Husband is here on business and I am here for a week of shopping and relaxation. Passed up on the company Holiday Inn (north) to stay somewhere a little more fancy and plush. Simply put, this hotel is great and the employees are excellent. The rooms are big and clean, beds are extremely soft and comfortable, and the flat screen LG is twice the size of your standard hotel room TV. Also, the hotel uses directv so you get about 200 channels, including many premium movie and sports channels. I was a very happy camper knowing I could watch all of the Blackhawks games from my room. Regardless of what some reviewers may say, this hotel meets my criteria of what a 3.5 star hotel in suburban Michigan should be, and I would definitely stay here again. Today the Penn state basketball team checked in and its been amazingly quiet just as every day prior..

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick and Diana T
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti. It is our mission to provide our guests with the best possible experience from check in to check out and everything in between and it means so much to each of us to be recognized by our guests for excellent service. We look forward to your next visit!
Saginaw, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here with my husband for a one-night getaway that included dinner with friends in Ann Arbor. Having grown up in the area, I was familiar with this hotel but had never stayed. We found everything to be very clean, comfortable and attractive. Check in was swift. We were assigned a room on the Concierge floor but since the lounge is closed on the weekend we were given our choice of free breakfast or bonus Marriott points. We chose points.

Room was very clean and comfortable with a lovely view of the golf course and lake. Would be a super place to spend a summer weekend with a round of golf.

Bedding was clean and comfortable. The towels were plentiful but not especially nice or soft. Loved having a soft, fluffy terrycloth robe to use - but wish there had been two! There was a nice selection of quality toiletry items which I appreciated. The only complaint is relatively small amount of counter space which makes primping a bit of a challenge. I'm spoiled in this regard at home, so I can live with it!

We enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BHOLLING
Kristen L, Manager at Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Ann Arbor Marriott. We take special care to provide our guests with the best possible experience from check in to check out and everything in between and it means so much to each of us to be recognized by our guests for excellent service. We look forward to serving you again when you return home for a visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#29 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!