“Service and food very nice!”

Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ypsilanti
Prescott, Arizona
“Service and food very nice!”
Reviewed 2 October 2006

I had to attend a business conference at this hotel...while looking up directions I came over to Tripadvisor to check out the hotel's ratings. To say I was apprehensive about spending time there and eating three meals there is an understatement after the last two reviews!

My experience, however put me at ease. The facility is lovely. The staff very helpful and accomodating. The food, which was under such dispute was VERY good...and that was the opinion of our 12 person group who all ordered different items!

The hotel itself was up to date, and very clean. Our bathroom was stocked with a dozen towels--literally!

We are planning on moving our seminars to this hotel after our weekend there...and that's 400 people we'll have there and I am not the least bit nervous after a great experience!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank kadelia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
West Bloomfield
Reviewed 25 June 2006

My best friend planned her daughter's DREAM wedding at this facility.
I cried WITH her when it was over!
The hotel, among SO MANY other things, insisted that they SERVED GRILLED SALMON>
MY LUNCH WAS POACHED SALMON. THe hotel tried to convince my friend that she didn't know what she was talking about. The specific salad that she ordered for us all, was supposed to be a fancy salad with cheeze etc. Her husband is a phenomenal cook and her cousins own a very lucrative and well-known restaraunt business. THE HOTEL embarrased my friend by providing ALL the guests with the WRONG SALAD> I was with my friend when we went to his restaraunt later that next week. Her cousin told her that the lettuce on HIS SALAD was brown and that neither he nor his wife ate it. I had a hard time eating it as well because it was a very big slice of HEAD LETTUCE (something neither my friend nor I even BUY) and it was on a small plate that we had to cut up with a butter knife. Not everyone at MY table even ate it.
When I went up the elevator to go to the reception, I met several teen agers that were staying at the hotel. They were waiting to go on the elevator as well, in their swimsuits. I said, "How is the pool girls?" They said the pool was "filthy". I'm glad that I was not staying there!
I was one of the musicians the played for the ceremony of the wedding and for the cocktail and hor'doevers. When we moved inside to perform before the guests went into the reception hall, most of the people had a few appetizers, a drink of punch and went inside. MY GIRLFRIEND told me that the bar was supposed to be out in the hall and that the doors were supposed to be shut so the guests could enjoy the music while drinking and eating.
The story unfolded as I stood there, with hardly anyone out in the foyer, and when my girlfriend noticed that the beautiful napkins she ordered (that were sitting on the caterer's desk downstairs) were not on with the food, she ran to tell someone!
MY friend and I got our Master's Degree together. She is the type of educator that pays specific attention to detail! She was meticulous with details. The Marriott told her that she had "TOO HIGH EXPECTATIONS".
The complaints go on and on and the hotel is not willing to compensate her other than offer to pay for the napkiins (big deal, no one got them) and the salad (big deal, the party is over). I THINK the hotel should compensate her by paying for ALL of this PLUS the cost of the WRONG SALMON for about 45 of us that had POACHED SALMON.
what do you think?

Stayed May 2006
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 19 June 2006

We recently had a wedding and had the opportunity to book a large block of hotels rooms as well for the weekend. After a years worth of planning the day of our wedding was filled with a calamity of errors. Napkins I purchased to be displayed with the bride and groom's name were not put on the table until almost all the hors d'oeuvres were done. Our guests got to see the band and the wait people setting up. The pool was filthy which when we asked the front desk about they seemed to be aware of but made no attempt to alert it's guests with something as simple as a sign. The hallway outside the hotel rooms was like an oven and while several of our guests asked to have them correct this and they were assured it would happen soon it never did.The wrong salad was served. We got salmon prepared a different way than was in our contract. The Marriott's responce to this was to tell me that my expectations were not realistic. I don't know about you but when you have a wedding for your only daughter and you go to the Marriott which has a high standard for excellence you should be able to expect things to run smoothly They said they were sorry they could not meet my "vision". I don't think it's too much to expect that they work as a team to get the job done. After all they are a catering facility. Catering is not just about the food but the presentation and the organizaton. I understand they are going through changes in staffing. I certainly hope in the end it is a change for the better but as of right now while the Ypsilanti Marriott is a beautiful place I could not in good concience recommend them to anyone.

6 Thank flayerpair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Weber's
Weber's
#11 of 35 in Ann Arbor

Been to Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest? Share your experiences!