“best thai in ann arbor area”
Review of Thai Thai

Thai Thai
Ranked #69 of 177 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 28 December 2012

finally found a very good thai restaurant in aa. heard service was slow--was a bit--but overall good. They also "got" what it means to be a vegetarian--happy to make things without fish sauce.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Thai Thai recently expanded their seating area and improved the decor. It looks very nice. It does not appear that they expanded their kitchen however. A group of us from the office decided to go to have lunch on Friday, and decided to leave early so we would be able to get a seat. We had heard great things about it. We were the first ones in the restaurant, and there is now lots of space. Apparently, if you want to be served in less than 45 minutes from the time you walk in the door you need to order in advance however. We were sitting down before 11:30, and served about 12:20. We ordered tea, and 4 dishes from the menu to share. Even the tea did not arrive until 12:15. The food was good. The vegetables were still crunchy, and it was visually appealing. We had a Thai with us and she said the flavors were not particularly authentic. I missed the fish sauce flavor I expect in Thai food. It was only barely there in one of the dishes.
When we received the bill, I looked at is and thought it was perhaps a bit high. $61 for the 4 of us when we had 4 dishes and tea seemed too much. It seemed that not only was the kitchen inefficient, but that the servers were not particularly good at arithmetic. $47 was what it should have been.
We asked about the pace of the service and were told that Fridays are usually quite busy. It did not look that busy to us. When we asked a little more, we were told that regular customers will call ahead and order for the table. They then take priority over the people who are sitting in the restaurant waiting.
The food that is good but not quite authentic, the extremely slow and inefficient service, and the obvious preference given to established regulars will be enough to ensure that I do not become a regular at Thai Thai. I can only recommend it to the established regulars, and people who have plenty of time to deal with the pace. The food is a good Americanized version of Thai food.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I've had a lot of Pad Thai around the Ann Arbor area and Thai Thai has the best!

Reviewed 7 September 2011

I come here once a month on average to get my Thai food fix. It's a small family run place which gets filled up pretty quickly during meal times. My personal favorites are the panang curry and Thai Thai spicy sauce fish. Come eat here. I assure you you'll leave satisfied!

1  Thank teohwp85

Been to Thai Thai? Share your experiences!