“Somewhat disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 167 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Gastropub, American, Italian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Modern and fun Restaurant Bar serving delicious gourmet Pizza, Burgers, & Pasta in a casual atmosphere. Try the delicious pizza Blanca, the spinach cheese triangles, the calamari and the massive and messy black Angus burgers! Everything is made in house from scratch!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Somewhat disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family ate at the Tower Inn Cafe last weekend. This was the second time we ate here. Our first experience was much different from the second. Maybe the experience has much to do with the waiter staff. The first time, we had a delightful, quirky, cheerful red-haired young lady with glasses and the most enthusiastic and energetic attitude. This time, our waiter seemed a bit less experienced. First, the wait time. I don't mind waiting for decent food, but both visits, the waiting time was excessive. We waited well over an hour for our food last weekend, and probably close to an hour when we visited in July. The restaurant seemed short staffed. Secondly, the temperature of the building. Both times, the temperature in the restaurant was FREEZING. Thank goodness I had pants and a coat in the car, which I was able to go and get. But I could see a little girl in a t-shirt and shorts across the room and she was shivering and trying to cuddle in her dad's lap. Thirdly, the menu: the menu is complicated and apparently has items that come and go, because I ordered the "pasta salad of the day" from the menu, greatly looking forward to a well-prepared pasta salad, and was told the restaurant does not carry this anymore. It would be best to not offer menu items that customers can't actually order. Fourthly, my husband ordered an gyro that was very short on meat. He ended up ripping the pita in two and putting his small amount of meat on the half pita. On the visit in July, we ordered dessert, which was excellent. This past weekend, we had been there too long and nobody wanted to wait more time for dessert. Overall, I would have to rate these two visits as "average" if I summarize them together. As I mentioned, the waitress in July made the visit quite enjoyable, which wa why we returned but there were too many negatives during our visit this weekend.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Ann Arbor
“Great food, great renovation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I recently ate at the Tower Inn last Friday and was amazed by the change in atmosphere. The food has always been exceptional but the decor is great now too. I have a Cajan chicken panini and it was fantastic. When I asked where they purchased their bread from, they stated they make all of their breads and crusts in-house.

Again, amazing food and a great new renovation.

2 Thank belltowerhotel
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Friendly, comfortable and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My favorite item is the Pizza Tapenad and the some made chips. Really nice employees that are happy to have you visit. They also deliver.

2 Thank srgcogitate
Cleveland, OH
“family owned with a wide ranging menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stopped here after a swim meet at EMU. 99 times out of 100, I'll go to this kind of local place over a chain restaurant and we were glad we did. We were there at about 1:00 PM on Sunday so the place was crowded and the staff somewhat overworked. But everyone (2 adults and 3 kids, ages 11, 10 and 7) liked their meals, from chicken kabobs to crepes from the brunch to make-your-own pizzas. There was a pretty good cross-section of clientele and everyone seemed happy.

I would recommend this place and will return if/when I'm in the area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank travellngcircus
Grand Haven, Michigan
“Fantastic, not what I expected~ best pizza I have ever had!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Went here with a big group of friends after the Color Run on Saturday. The place was absolutely packed - and although it took awhile (of course) for our food to arrive it was well worth the wait! Our server was wonderful - very attentive although he was so so busy....we ordered deep dish pizza which was probably the best pizza I have EVER had...also had breadsticks, alfredo, wings and burgers - everything was a hit with everyone! Sure wish I did not live 3 hours away because I NEED to have that pizza again! Will visit again garaunteed if ever in the area again!

• Visited May 2013