“Tacos!”

Taqueria La Casita
Ranked #19 of 180 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Truly an excellent authentic food experience. This is not an average restaurant. It is a tiny space with an order counter and a couple of tables. People go there for the food -- not for the atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Best mexican food in Washtenaw County hands down! Yes im saying it! we tried every mexican restaurant around here and this one is by far the best food. It's authentic reasonable price. We go to this Little ghetto restaurant every month maybe even more. We finally found a joint that taste like home.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

There are some well-written thoughtful reviews here. It does indeed seem to be a family-run place for Hispanics missing a taste of home. We eat here frequently for a simple, tasty Mexican bite. My fave is the soup - ask if they have chicken, but the beef is great too. Homemade broth, a huge mixing bowl of it, jam packed with chunks of potato, carrot, cabbage, and chunks of whatever meat, with bones. But wait, there's more - a dinner plate filled with condiments: chopped onions, a pile of cilantro, 4 slices of lime and 4 warm corn tortillas. If soup's your thing, you must try this! All tacos we've tried have been great. Tonight we ordered the Mexican hot chocolate served in a 16 oz cup. Warming and most tasty. Yes, service can be spotty, but always friendly. Don't expect anything fancy, just good food.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The tortas are their best dish. Pambazos are also excellent. I had a burrito last time and it was okay, not great. Great cooks, but not the best service. Last time I was there we all wanted avocado on our sandwiches, and she said that it would be 2 dollars extra total on the bill. I thought we would get avocado in our sandwiches, but she brought out a huge plate with sliced avocado and it was really sloppy putting it on ourselves. Would've been much easier and courteous to put the avocado on before serving our dishes. Then it turned out she added 2 dollars to each of our sandwiches. Sorry, one sliced up avocado is not worth 10 dollars. No fountain drinks is also a let down.

Like I said, the tortas and pambazos are excellent and authentic tasting. I get cravings for them every now and then.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Was advised to go here by my cell phone navigator. I should have ignored it. I will start by saying the food tasted very good. I would get carryout except that since I have eaten inside I know it is not clean. The service was terrible.

1  Thank Patrick C

Been to Taqueria La Casita? Share your experiences!