“Best Cheese Steaks Ever!”

Gabrielle's Hoagie Shop Incorporated
Ranked #56 of 170 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
michigan
“Best Cheese Steaks Ever!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I love this place. we drive 25 min just to get one.
The restaurant isn't much but the food is Awesome!

• Visited October 2013

park city ut
“Had better”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Thought the Cheese Steak sandwich was flavorless, even salt didn't improve the flavor. Also the cheese tasted like a processed "cheez whiz" type of product. Tripadvisor is usually right-on, too bad. Would not return.

Ann Arbor
“Better Than Philly Cheese Steaks”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This place is the best. They haven't even had a grand opening and the line is out the door. Only problem is I want to go every day but my doctor says no :(. Gabrielle's needs a bigger place already!

• Visited March 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Deliciousness”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Best cheese steak I've ever had. Gabriel's is the standard by which I measure all other hoagies. Thus far, I haven't even encountered a runner-up. This is a small restaurant with limited seating, but their sandwiches travel well, so take-out is always an option. Be forewarned that if you eat in the dining room, you will smell like onion when you leave because you can't get more than 10 feet from the grill (but it's worth it). The bread is fresh, the steak is tender, and the onions are grilled to perfection. You can also get peppers and/or mushrooms. The Lunch Meat Special is worth a try, too! The service here is consistently good, and they bring your food to your table. You might pay a teeny bit more than you'd expect (like $1-$2), but you are paying for quality ingredients.

Also, it's worth mentioning that maybe the above is the legal name, but I've always heard it called "Gabriel's Hoagie Shop".

• Visited November 2011
Toledo, Ohio
“This is the pinnacle of Cheesesteak”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We lived in Ann Arbor some time ago and when we moved about the only thing I missed was Gabrielle's. We recently moved closer, to within driving distance, and were worried that they would be closed or worse the food would not be as good as we remembered.

They are even better even though we have to drive 100 miles or so for lunch. To be honest I would like to say that everything is good but from the first time to about the 200th time all I or my wife have ever had was the Cheesesteak Hoagie. There are non better even in Philly.

• Visited November 2011