“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 2 Ypsilanti B&B and Inns
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I loved everything about my stay! The home is absolutely gorgeous! And what's even better, it feels like a real home! The food was delicious, the sheets were high quality, the rooms were exceptional! I soaked in the hot tub in complete privacy and watched little flakes of snow fall on the garden. The hosts are very warm and open. No pretentions whatsoever. I travel extensively for business, so I will be a regular at the Queen's Residence! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else near Ann Arbor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
queensresidence, Owner at The Queen's Residence B&B, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you so much for this review. We would like to attract more business travelers so I am sure this review will help. I always get a thrill when the quality of our sheets are mentioned since we take the time to iron them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is our sixth stay.
I am writing a new review because this time we stayed in the new "Gibson suite".

It has a comfortable living room which has multiple windows and a skylight. Small but nicely done bathroom. Great large shower. Overall a nice place to relax during the day or evening.

As with every stay, great breakfasts and warm hospitality in a beautiful home nicely decorated for
Christmas. We have already booked the suite for a week end in May.

I would disregard the "poor" reviews. As repeat guests, one of the reasons we continue to return is that Marla and Joe make an effort to ensure that all their guests have a peaceful night and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your loyalty. We love it when guests become friends, which happens after six visits! We also appreciate your support with regard to the unfortunate reviews that were posted. Hospitality is number one with us, but there are times, such as the one which resulted in the 3 negative reviews we received, where guests who abuse our few and lenient rules are asked to leave. We do that for the protection of our paying guests.
São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 6 November 2013

If you think of a cozy, beautiful place, you got it. If you think, well, breakfast must be good in a B&B, you are going to experience being in heaven every morning! Marla and Joe are just one of best people I met in my whole life! Their generosity is beyond any expectations. When they say: "Prepare to be pampered!" They really mean it! I am very happy I have trusted all the good reviews in this website! Marla and Joe, you have a friend forever in Brazil! I miss you loads and love you more!!!

Just do not pay attention to the bad reviews. They just didn't deserve to be there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
queensresidence, Owner at The Queen's Residence B&B, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We love hosting guests from around the world and making new friends. It is one of the things that makes having an inn such a great business! We look forward to your return!
Hollis, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I recently stayed for 3 nights in the Gibson suite and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the amenities. The art work, antiques, breakfast, and shower were beyond my expectations for much more expensive accommodations.

With regard to a couple of recent low ratings, when I arrived there were a number of people in the courtyard starting to open 4+ bottles of wine. So, it appeared to me that a party was about to start, and I think that this would generally require approval of hotel management in a common area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
As the Gibson Suite is a new room, we are glad that you found it appealing. We also like the shower with the body jets and the ambiance and comfort of the vaulted sitting room. Thank you for recognizing the difficulty of setting limits with guests of guests who take advantage of our hospitality and interfere with the experience for our paying guests (which is what occurred in this instance).
Farmington
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My husband I and enjoyed one night at the Queens Residence as a pre-honeymoon getaway. Joe was so friendly and hospitable. The house was a beautiful time capsule. The queens room was perfectly luxurious and included an on suite bathroom. Breakfast was fantastic-raspberry French toast! We will definitely plan another trip to this B&B. If your looking for a great spot to eat, Joe recommend Sidetrack, only a few miles away... Pot roast is terrific!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review before going on your honeymoon! Joe was on his own that weekend, so he really appreciates the acknowledgement of his cooking since Marla is the usual cook. We love having wedding couples and helping to create lasting memories.
detriot
Reviewed 12 October 2013

If anyone needs to stay at a bed and breakfast in the Ypsilanti area......DO NOT, I repeat...DO NOT stay at the The Queen's Residence Bed & Breakfast on Huron St! My mother, who is disabled, was thrown out because we all assembled in the courtyard to say our goodbyes after a fabulous wedding dinner at Haab's.....which set the owner off because we did not tell him we were having a "party." Which we were not! Instead of politely advising us that we needed to clear this gathering with him first, he, in an extremely volatile manner, informed us he was adding 75.00 to my mother's bill immediately. When we asked him if he was serious, he started freaking out and told us we all had to leave immediately...INCLUDING MY 76 year old mother and my two elderly visiting Aunts who had driven over 1.5 hours to see her and celebrate with us. My sister who had flown home from Afghanistan just for this event, was floored!! We tried to reason with the gentleman but he continued to flip out, threatening to call the police on us!

I have never met a business owner with so little tact, interpersonal skill, and professional savvy! Regardless of the fact that the B&B is extremely over priced and on an extremely busy street with no extra parking available, guests who travel from out of town should be able to sit down togather and chat without being accosted by the rudest man I have ever met! He is most definitely in the wrong line of work!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ticketgirl
queensresidence, Owner at The Queen's Residence B&B, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
To our past and future guests

Most of our guests come here for a quiet respite and quality time away from everyday life. We do our best to provide that.

We do the occasional party but they are always scheduled in advance so as not to interfere with our overnight guests.

Unfortunately I was put into a position where I had to decide weather to allow a loud, rowdy unscheduled party or support our policy of providing a quiet relaxing atmosphere to our paying guests.

I was quickly informed (while trying to explain our policy) that if I stopped the party negative reviews would be posted. And guess what!

Seeing a no win situation I opted to eject the partygoers in favor of our paying customers and their expected respite.

Please rest assured any future incidents will be handled in a like swift and efficient manor because a safe, secure, and relaxing ambiance is our top priority.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was dropping off my mother-in-law after having a fabulous dinner. Now, first off let me say that i do not drink at all, so alcohol was not a factor. A small group (9) of all over the age of 45 were saying goodbyes to her in the courtyard, when the male owner of the "private residence" came out and informed us that $75.00 was being added to the bill for having a "party" in the courtyard. When asked if he was serious he became totally outraged. I then responded "Well, I can tell you what type of review you're going to get." a that time he threatened to call the police. Then threatened my disabled mother-in-law and threw her out. Nice way to treat the disabled AFTER you grab there money. Needless to say, I would recommend staying at the homeless shelter down the street before this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank mifan86
To our past and future guests

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
#7 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Weber's
Weber's
#10 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to The Queen's Residence B&B? Share your experiences!