“Home away from home”
Review of Parish House Inn

Parish House Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Ypsilanti B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2009

We stayed 3 nights for the Ann Arbor Art Fair and to see a family member. Had to arrive late and got in near midnight. The host, Chris, was so accommodating and unruffled by our change in plans. The bed was heaven and the location was near everything (interstate, shopping, sites). It only took about 10 minutes to reach Ann Arbor from the B & B. Each morning breakfast was varied and delicious with fresh baked goods provided. Our fellow travelers were friendly and helpful with tips about the fair. Chris was a great source of info as well. We were surprised how quiet the room was even though we were on a main thoroughfare - just some occasional car sounds at night. The decor was interesting without being overly frilly or fussy. The room and bath were just right for our needs. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2009

I loved this quaint and comfy old home. It was spotless, the room was just darling, and the view of the daylillies was priceless. I wish Chris, the friendly, hospitable and easy going hostess was my neighbor...... . You can bet I would be peeking over the fence to see if she had any left-over scones or granola! Very enjoyable and highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2009

My wife and I arrived and the host asked for our credit card right away. We are frequent vistors at B&Bs and we have only been asked just a few times for our credit card right off. That pretty much set the tone. The room was tiny. The bed was even smaller than a full size one. The website said the room had a view of hostas, and granted there were hostas, but our view was of a brick wall with clouds painted on it and a sun for good measure. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything. The toilet paper was one ply and very uncomfortable. My wife was suprised there were no shades on the windows. When we arrived the host asked if we had dietary restrictions, we said no. Yet, for breakfast, she asked if we wanted sausage. The only reason I could guess is she was trying to get out of serving it to save money. In fact, when we used the phone to call home(calling card), it said there was a $.50 charge on the phone. I could have gone to a hotel and got better service. That is why we go to a B&B for the little touches. For a much better value, only an hour away is the Dewey Lake Manor where you can get a room for the same price, twice the size, a view of the lake, and the sweetest couple running it. One thing we did not like was the host monoplizing the conversation at breakfast, it made my wife and I very uncomfortable!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David H
parishinn, owner at Parish House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2009

This guest did not make any of this known to us during his stay, and I am sorry that we did not meet their expectations. There is little i can do about it now except to apologize.

Reviewed 14 April 2008

We had a great time here - it was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast and we could not have picked a better place. The owner is incredibly nice and made us feel at home right away. It was a great escape for the weekend and we will definitely be returning for another relaxing weekend!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 March 2008

We had our guest speaker for the EMU stay at the Parish House in early March, 2008. When I brought our guest back to the Parish House Inn, a snow storm had arrived inYpsilanti. After I dropped off our guest, I got stuck in their driveway. The driveway is on a hill and it was ice covered then covered with snow-not good conditions. After half an hour of trying on my own to get up the hill, I rang their doorbell. The Inn keeper, Chris and her husband did their best to help me. In fact, Chris solved my dilemma by personally pushing my car up the hill!! Thank you, Chris. You give new meaning to customer service at BB's.

Dr. Beth Ament,
Professor in the EMU Art Department

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 6 August 2007

We enjoyed our stay in this B&B. The price was very reasonable for what the B&B included: snacks that were always available in the kitchen (popcorn, soda, water, cookies, teas, and cocoa), a cozy den and a formal parlor, and there's an outside sitting area. The B&B looked very clean and the proprietors were friendly. The hostess has a culinary degree and the breakfasts were delicious. The town has some interesting sights and Ann Arbor is a short drive away.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 January 2005

My husband and I stayed here a few years ago. It is a very charming little B&B. Nice antiques and flowers in the room. The breakfast in the morning is scrumptous and the innkeeper is very nice. A great place to stay if your in the area. Much prefered over other lodging in the area.

2  Thank Laura475
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ypsilanti
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites
The Queen's Residence B&B
The Queen's Residence B&B
#1 of 2 in Ypsilanti

Been to Parish House Inn? Share your experiences!