“Aromatic & tasty lunch buffet will tempt you back for more..”
Review of Temptations - CLOSED

Temptations
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Upon entering Temptations, the classy wood bar & freshly painted interior is a welcomed surprise from the contrasting strip mall parking lot from which I arrived. This Tuesday lunch was not a busy time, but the freshly-made array of Indian dishes were enough to feed dozens. Each entree smelled marvelous and tasted equally delightful. In addition to the 10 or so hot entrees of choice, they offered two soups, a salad, wonderful creamy rice pudding, coconut custard and a warm, perfectly grilled basket of naan bread. Although I took my time to enjoy a taste of each selection, a couple return trips for favorites was a must. I look forward to my next visit for dinner after having such a wonderful sample of their menu from the lunch buffet. Warning: leave yourself time to enjoy the buffet~ although you can make this a quick meal, you will wish to slow down and enjoy your food once you've tasted it!

1  Thank e z

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I’m not a big complainer. I am a pretty laid back and forgiving person, but this was the worst dining experience I had with Temptation. I have never gotten to the point where I felt the need to write a review of how bad a service was. I’m always a big supporter of local businesses and can be very understanding when mistakes happen. But this restaurant left me upset, angry, and disappointed.

I’ve been to Temptation multiple times for lunch and dinner. The food is great and I rarely had an issue with the service. Few months back, I stopped going after I observed how managers/owners were treating their workers. I witnessed multiple times how the owners/managers, out in the open, would treat the servers as if they were like animals; not a human being. They would yell and scold at the workers as if they were beneath them or a scum. I thought there wasn’t a caste system in America!? It was very much obvious that the owners or managers had a poor understanding of the U.S. Labor Laws. The incidents had left a bad taste in my mouth.

What return me today, was a Groupon offer; $10 for $20. I bought the Groupon, thinking what a great deal and maybe this time, my experience would be better? I thought wrong.

Four things happened:

1) I ordered Chai Tea. The drink never came, I asked every staff member on the floor (3 servers and the owner of the restaurant) and never received an answer. Ok. No problem. It was a busy night and I understand. By the time we received the bill, I asked again about my drink and wanted it to be a carry out order. He told me that they were still making it, but forgot to tell me. … ??? ... How long does it take to make tea? And all three servers couldn’t tell me the status? No tea and no apology.

2) When we received our entrée, the food was not cooked thoroughly. One of the servers offered us a free entrée to resolve the issue and we were fine with it. By the time we received the check, the manager refused to honor the Groupon because of the free entrée. He then scolded the server about it in front of us. He told us, word for word, it was the server’s fault and we should have not receive a free meal, therefore we can’t use our Groupon.

WHAT?! Is this guy serious?! I was just blown away by his comment and the way he scolded at the server in front of us.

3) Servers never came by to check on us, see how we were doing, or refill our drinks. This wasn’t a big deal or the servers’ fault. It was a busy night and they were under staffed, especially with the Groupon deal. If anything, I blame the management for failing to provide sufficient help.

4.) The prices have increased and from my experience, the quality and portion size has decreased.

This place has made great food in the past. I don’t know what happened.
I am sorry to say I will not be back.

2  Thank winhmath
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We went by after some business and arrived 1.05 pm, a time when many buffet lunch places only serve leftovers. We were pleasantly surprised - there were several meat (chicken) choices and lots of very delicious vegetarian choices such as paneer, a superb eggplant dish, okra, Indian bread, several types of rice, plus several types of dessert. And the check was less than $20 for 2 people. We will go there again for dinner soon - and if you look you can get coupons for $25 for like $3 on the internet, so dinner, which seems significantly more expensive than lunch, should also be affordable.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Not dinner. Lunch here is great, dinner not so great. We went for dinner, the bill for a party of 4 was $76.00 not including tip or alcohol. Maybe the cook is different for dinner but the curries were overly rich with coconut milk and butter and uninspired spicing. Dinner suffered in other ways too. They were out of lamb, out of chutney, out of chia tea. We were brought 2 servings of 1/2 cups of tea and the waitress apologized because she tried to stretch what they had left. When we asked to have it removed from the bill the manager wrangled with us and ultimately removed only 1 cup from the bill.
On the plus side, lunches here are a great value and the food tastes better too. The waitress was very pleasant and efficient. The inside of the restaurant is beautifully decorated.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I've been here a few times and the food has been great so far especially the lunch buffet. The naans are to die for as well. However, as A M mentioned in the previous review, service can be spotty at times. But if you don't mind waiting, this is still the place to be for excellent authentic Indian food.

1  Thank teohwp85