“Good for catering”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed 28 May 2013

They did a wedding for a relative. Food was well prepared, delivered on time, great service and good tasting food. The only downside was they wanted the deposit for the event in cash only. That was kind of weird, but they did really well.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

The lunch buffet is worth the visit. There is usually no big crowd, and the restaurant is spacious. The owners mingle with the guests, helping them select from the buffet, and explaining what is in the various dishes.. The food is excellent, and the prices are very good.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

i want to like this place, but the food is so inconsistent. the food tends to be mostly south indian style, with some dishes more successful than others. certainly you can fill up on a variety of dishes, many vegetarian ones. i've only been at lunchtime. i wonder if it improves in the evening but it's hard to imagine a fine dining experience.

the staff and management seem not to be very engaged.

the warehouse interior decor is definitely lacking any style--it too is inconsistent. but so few such places have a bar...and some of us do enjoy a beer with indian food.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We visited twice, first time I really loved it. This time I even checked online before. The menu online stated that the buffet is more expensive on sat/sun but also contains seafood those days - so ok, fine - I am vegetarian but eat fish/seafood - its $11.95 instead of $8.95, so not expensive.

Well, today, Saturday, they had no seafood. They apologized claiming they have it most Saturdays, but also usually Fridays and one other day of the week (server claimed Friday, cook Tuesday...), I guess one has to take it as it comes.... there was a chicken soup and a rather fat vegetarian broth - last time was rasam, which was great. So, bad luck? Veggies had good but not great choices - pumpkin, cauliflour, and a mixed vegetable Korma which tasted great. Last time, they had a heavenly mango custard-style desert, this time only a bland (plain sweet) rice pudding and canned fruit in a whipped cream like... neither appealed to me.

So, once I at for $8.95 a person and loved, this time got charged $11.95 and it was just ok.

Still, it is a quick cheap drop in when in a rush and I will try one more time. Told them to update the Webpage as to when there is seafood..

Meat eaters could enjoy butter chicken and chicken masala (red) and goat meat!

1  Thank margitmargalit
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is the second time in two months I have attempted to order take out from this place. The first time I called right when they opened for dinner and ordered one vegetarian entree. The woman on the phone told me it would be ready in 30 minutes. I arrived, 40 minutes later. I then had to wait for an hour and a half!! in a tiny uncomfortable chair waiting for my food. There was a line of other people waiting for carry out as well (some left). When the food finally came the manager yelled at the host for offering us a tiny 5% discount. I have never seen a manager talk to an employee as rudely as this man did right in front of me! I decided to try again tonight to order food. I used the online site Grubhub.com. Again they gave me a 1 hour window for the food to be ready (also it was again one simple vegetarian entree and samosas). This time after waiting an hour and a half I got a call from Grubhub.com saying the restaraunt was just now making the food and Grubhub.com gave me a $10 off coupon for my next purchase. Another hour later (we are going close to 3 hours for one entree) my food came to the door. I open the food and thought it was a joke. The rice container is not even half full and the chutney is basically empty (see photos below). I have called to speak with a manager but was told he would call me back. I highly doubt he will since the last time this happened he basically yelled at me for expecting a discount on the food after waiting 2 hours for it. This place is honestly some of the worst management and service I have ever experienced in a restaraunt. If you are looking for Indian food in the Ypsi/Arbor area go anywhere but here this is the worst of the worst. The food isn't even very good. Oh, and the naan was burnt to a crisp!

1  Thank Bob E