“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

We stayed in the bunk-bed suite; great room. The staff was very friendly and did a great job of accommodating us so we got into our room early. We spent lots of time at the water park which was very nice; with the exception the do not enforce the young children in the hot tub and it was very wild. At one point I was the only adult with 10 to 12 kids under the age of 12 in the hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. The bunkbed room you were in is our most popular family room and it's nice to hear you enjoyed the water park. You were here on one of the busiest, bonkers, winter weekends so when I hear good comments like yours they really do mean a lot. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

I stay at a lot of Choice Hotels and am a Choice member. Due to my member status I was upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi tub. The room was large and clean. The lady at the front desk that greeted me was nice and helpful when it came to restaurant choices. The free breakfast was average but will do just fine. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. Our staff tries very hard to treat every guest in our hotel like a guest in our homes. Hope you can return soon.
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I first reviewed this hotel late last summer, and I have stayed there several times since then. It is still a very nice hotel with a great restaurant (Prairie Bay) just across the parking lot. I want to add a word of caution to anyone with perfume/odor allergies. The carpet in the rooms is cleaned frequently, probably because of people coming in from the water park; and the cleaner has a very strong aroma. Also, I have had the experience a couple times of the carpet still being damp when I checked in. When I mentioned it to the desk attendant, I was told it was from cleaning and that it would dry eventually. It did dry, but I couldn't walk around the room with socks on until it did.

Room Tip: If you have perfume allergies, be sure the carpet wasn't recently cleaned. The odor dissipates...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Thank you so much for returning and being such a loyal customer. It's just a touch embarrasing that we didn't make sure the carpet was dry before returning the room to use. I hope you know us well enough that we would sure switch your room in that type of situation. We have such a good reputation for cleanliness that we sometimes error in the wrong direction. I'm also going to try to see what the cleaner is using for scent and relay your comment in hopes we can prevent others from finding it strong like you did. Once again, thank you for coming back, hope to see you again soon. PS- I'll relay your comments to the staff at Prairrie Bay also, they are a great neighbor and one of Minnesota's finest restaraunts.
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I traveled through this area on business and stayed 2 nights. Lots of restaurants in the area to pick from - Applebees, Olive Garden, Grizzly's, etc. Hotel has the whole rustic, lodge, fishing, wilderness theme. It got a bit old after a while to see fish or fishing related paraphenlia on the walls, floors, lamps, curtains, etc.
When I checked in I was not greated or thanked, or nothing! Not even a simple "Hello, how can I help you?" was offered. I had to prompt the young women behind the desk for everything . . . she gave off a VERY negative vibe and was overall quite rude. As I was leaving for dinner (& when I returned) she gave me very nasty looks. I didn't say anything to her but did mention to the front desk manager when I checked out that I wish I would have stayed else where due to her rudeness.
I had a king room with a sofa sleeper. Room was very nice - again a little nauseating with all the fish and fish related stuff, but it was very comfy. Lots of light, good curtains if you want to snuggle in and sleep in a bit. Large bathroom and desk if needed to work. Room had a fridge & microwave plus a counter if you wanted to prepare simple meals.
Lots of options for breakfast in the morning; fireplace was up & lit when I went down for a snack in the morning. Very comforting.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
I was very disheartened reading you response and want to personally apologize to you. As you can see from the many other great comments we work very hard on making every guest feel welcome. I promise to look into who worked the evening of your arrival and remind them how a single look or the slightest negative feeling can turn a guest off. I hope we get the opportunity to prove it to you on a future trip to the Brainerd/Baxter area.
Marinette, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Was in town for business and stayed here for the second time, both times I was here during the week so i averted the weekend get away crowd, there is a water park, looks nice enough. The location was good for me, the staff was very friendly, rooms were nothing special but clean, going forward I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review for us. I can see from the amount of responses you are a seasoned traveller and appreciate your insight. I also see you're from Green Bay, any chance you could contact the Packers and ask them to go easy on us next week? Thanks again, please come back soon.
Calabasas, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We have stayed here about 5 times and are never unhappy. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff in always good. They do have a great water park that the kids love. Breakfast is just OK and is in a rather small area so it can be full on week-ends. Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry B
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Jerry, thank you for the great review. Looking at your other reviews I can see you do quite a bit of traveling and that makes your opinion even better. We have built our business on repeat business and thats because we try to do our best for every guest. I sincerely hope that 5 visits turn into 6-7-8 and even more! Thank you again. Mark
St. Paul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Met a few friends and family in Brainerd and stayed at the Comfort Suites and waterpark. All of our children were between the ages of 1 and 12 and all of them had fun with all the different parts to the water park. The adults loved the indoor/outdoor hot tub, which was great on a chilly autumn night! Rooms were all very clean and spacious! We had 2 adults and 3 children and never once felt packed into the rooms. Breakfast was great and the staff were all very smiley! Easy to find and lot's of things within walking distance to the hotel (ie: Cherry Berry and Starbucks).
Would recommend and plan on going back very soon!

Room Tip: If you are staying for the waterpark fun ask for a second floor room, less traffic but still easy to...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ceila C
RapidRiverLodge, Owner at Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thanks CiCi B, Friendliness and service are all we have to offer, there are lots of hotels that will sell you a room. We do our best to treat everyone like family and I'm glad it came across to you.Thank you for the great response, watching kids in the water park never gets old. Hope to see you again soon. Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area
Days Inn & Suites Baxter Brainerd Area
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake

Been to Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge? Share your experiences!