“Awesome family overnight stay with a lot of Waterpark”

Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our family had a fabulous room and stay at Arrowhead this past Thanksgiving Day night. It wasn't packed on Thanksgiving Day but was full Friday they told us. Therefore, I believe they upgraded our room without telling us as we ended up in 107, a two level suite with 3 large beds, 3 large TVs and a living room with its own patio. We were there more for the waterpark so the room was secondary, but very nice. We stayed using our AAA for a final price of $140 for the night. The whole family really enjoyed the waterpark with the two slides. The waterslides are long and worth the stairs to climb. The hot tub is fun in that in is connected inside and outside the building. The stay included a breakfast buffet in the restaurant Friday morning. I understand, breakfast is extra on weekends. The hotel is set back off Highway 371 and there is a Holiday Inn on the Hwy with a waterpark as well. I believe Arrowwood's is better. The only real downside I found was that I couldn't earn any points for my stay on a major points system like Priority Club or Hilton Honors. Arrowwood does have a program like that but they only have 3 properties to earn and redeem at.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Randymagoo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for the awesome review of our facility! We try to upgrade families when we have the opportunity without telling them as an added perk. Thanksgiving is a great holiday for us because of the families that we get to see, some come every year. We hope you will make us your stop each Thanksgiving!

We do have a great incentive program, though we only have 3 properties at this time, where the points never expire. The incentive is: stay 10 nights and receive $100. We also offer double points at certain times of the year but again our points never expire and are available to anyone who stays with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us how we are doing and how your experience was. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The rooms were spacious and clean, beds comfy. Continental breakfast always a plus with kids.
Great selection of food and drink in the restaurant and bar. Staff very helpful with any needs or requests. Water park has two slides and a lazy river and area for younger kids, no pool but not like we would be doing laps.Hot tub that extends to the outside, super cool on a cold MN. night.

Room Tip: We had 4 different rooms. All really big with great floor plans. All on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Arrowwood Lodge at Brainerd Lakes. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the entire facility! It is nice to hear that you had a variety of room types and were able to enjoy the waterpark, restaurant and bar.

Thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a great get away to meet a friend, do some shopping in Baxter and then spend a quiet evening at the Lodge. All the rooms are called cabins and our cabin was quite large with 2 queen beds. I hadn't seen this room configuration before, the bathroom separates the two beds and you have semi privacy between the 2 beds. There were also 2 flatscreen TV's on the walls in front of the beds. The room also had a loveseat, refrigerator and microwave. Everything has been well maintained and is very clean. The furnishings at the Arrowwood are very woodsy and definitely give one the 'Up North' feel. We had dinner there, early bird specials were only $10 until 7:00, they included soup or salad, dinner and dessert; quite a deal. The atmosphere was very warm so we ended up having drinks and spent the evening in the bar/dining room.
As a bonus, there was a hot breakfast in the dining room in the a.m. from 6-9. The breakfast is included during the week but not on the weekend. It was delicious! The pool is closed during the week but a manager gave us a tour the next morning after checkout. She gave us lots of information and was very friendly. The staff at this Lodge were all so pleasant and accommodating, it is a very welcoming establishment. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. It is great to hear you had a stay that will keep you coming back! The room that you stayed in was a 2 queen split room. It is a great room for people who are sharing but still want a little privacy or for families with older children who don't want to share a remote!

I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our Early Bird specials. Like you said we offer 9 dinner options that include soup or salad, bread service dinner and a dessert. We also have happy hour 7 days a week!

Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and to let others know about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again (hopefully this time you can experience the waterpark), soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My design esthetic will never include decorating with dead animals, but this place is ok. I love the names on each room - I believe I stayed at Camp Spotted Carp or some such thing. It's a bit over the top on the dead animals and dead fish, the dead boat motors - - EVERYWHERE - - but they aren't in the rooms. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pillows are awesome. Didn't try the waterpark, was way too cold when I was there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in our group were just fine, don't know that there's a way to pick a good o...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the wonderful review! Each room does have its own name and most of the rooms have a photo of the name i.e. bobcat name on the outside of the room will have a photo of the bobcat on the inside of the room.

All of the pillows and comforters are new and we have been getting great responses on them.

Thank you again for a wonderful review and we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here on a very slow weekend so we felt like we had the place to ourselves, not sure how I'd like the waterpark if it was super busy.

Room: We got a divided room that had a bathroom in the middle to separate the two beds which was really nice for our kids. They had their side with tv and we had our side with tv. The tvs were nice and big too. It was all updated with beautiful pine furniture and the beds were very comfy with nice linens. The only bad thing was that some of the newly painted spots on the walls already had some big chips and dings out of the paint, too bad for them. Most towels were fluffy and soft and nice shower but loud flush in the middle of the night. We stayed in the same hallways that leads to the pool and that was a big mistake. I asked to be close to the pool, but the morning noise from kids running and yelling down the hall was enough to make a mental not never to do that at any hotel waterpark.

Waterpark: A nice size. My 14 year old was a bit bored on the 2nd day but my 11 year old was always entertained. I think this is perfect for slightly younger kids but my husband and I even enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. Both kids said the slides were some of the most awesome they have been in so they were a big hit.

They had typical waterpark food, no surprise there, and if you want a beer they will make you go back to your room for your ID even if you are 73 years old and very unapologetic about it. Whatever.

All in all it's a BEAUTIFUL hotel if you dig the lodge look, which I do...I mean, it is the "most lodgy" place I have ever been in which immediately makes me feel all comfy and cozy.

If our kids were younger, we'd be back for sure, but I think we are outgrowing the waterparks so might not be back but I highly recommend it!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of the Arrowwood Lodge. You stayed in one of our two queen split rooms that is perfect for families with older kids. We want everyone to feel warm and cozy when they stay with us!

We are trying to change up the offerings in the waterpark and guests have the opportunity to order from our Baxter's restaurant and get it brought to them. This should help with the variety that guests are seeking when in the waterpark.

Our staff is trained to I.D. all who are purchasing alcohol regardless of age. This is due to the fact that on the back of driver licenses there are Restrictions. These restrictions could be anything from "needs corrective lenses" to having alcohol restrictions. We apologize for the inconvenience but hope you understand.

Thank you again and we look forward to you and your family returning!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We settled on this hotel/reception hall because of its location between northern mn where my daughter is from and the cities where my son in law is from. This site exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely accommodating and very pleasant. They bent over backwards to make sure everything went off without a hitch. The price was moderate. We had a very good chicken dinner which again exceeded my expectations. Plenty of food and great flavor. The reception hall was beautiful and only needed a few additions to make it perfect. I have been recommending this place to everyone I know, it's that good!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Congratulations to your Daughter and Son-in-Law! We were honored to be a part of the special day. I will make sure to pass this along to all of our staff.

We wish your family many fond memories of the wedding and look forward to being a part of future celebrations!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel and waterpark. The rooms are huge and nicely decorated with log furniture. The double queen suite was great for our family, we could prepare some meals for the kids and they could eat at a nice full sized table. With 2 TV's, the kids could watch their shows while we watched ours after winding down from fun at the waterpark. The waterpark is not overly crowded and we loved the indoor/outdoor spa. The pizza packages were very reasonable and tasty. We would definitely stay here again. I would recommend to the manager however to post the waterpark rules on the hotel's website. My daughter is 45 inches and I wasn't aware of the 48 inch height rule. When we checked in, I received the information and had to tell her she wasn't tall enough for the slides but then we got into the waterpark and it turns out for kids under 48 inches, they can ride on a tube with an adult as long as they have a life jacket so she got to go afterall (we had packed a life jacket but a limited number are available at the waterpark). This information is important to travelers with young kids so it would have been helpful to know. Overall, this is one of the best waterpark hotel stays we've had in Minnesota and we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review with great suggestions. It is nice to hear that you were able to take advantage of the entire facility and had such a great time. I will put the waterpark rules on the website so all know what the rules / requirements are. Thank you for that suggestion.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Madden's on Gull Lake
Madden's on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area

Been to Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes? Share your experiences!