“Best weekend of my life”

Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Baxter
“Best weekend of my life”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I recently held our wedding at Arrowwood. It was by far, the best day! The building and decor are beautiful, wait staff and Cassandra James were a privelage to work with and all of our guests were more than satisfied with the turn out. I had an outdoor ceremony and, despite the rain, the staff made everything happen the way I had wanted it to. Very accomodating and everything was cleaned up when we woke up the next morning. I cna't say enough good things about the hotel, especially how helpful and personable Cassandra was. We were truly honored to be able to have our wedding at Arrowwood and will be returning again soon. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tabatha A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Each room has its own name and the decor is very lodge-like. Great indoor water park for the kids, can't be beat. Easy parking and easy to get to. Visit the second floor for their displays. There is a game room for cards and board games.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were greeted by a lovely receptionist - Hydisia who gave us a very friendly welcome and good service.We loved the decor in the hotel and really liked the layout of our suite. We had a connecting door to an adjacent suite where our children and older teens had the same amount of space. We did not experience any problems in efficiency or cleanliness in the room. We had a good nights sleep and then had a breakfast the next day which was not included in the price on the weekends. It was delicious though with plenty of choices.We then used the waterpark with lots of family and friends. I really loved it and so did the rest of the family. We liked the fact that there was complimentary coffee and towels provided.The only criticism is that some of the young staff who are serving food, drinks and doing the life guarding could try and cheer up and be a little more friendly.
We would love to return here again one day if we come back to the area as overall it was a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Monticello, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We made plans for a getaway weekend with the family at this place. Thought by the picture that our kids would like the waterpark.
I was also excited to see my “cabin” room...but well.. let’s start unveiling the reality.

1. A wedding celebration ended with, I am assuming almost everybody drunk!.. even a waitress at the restaurant mentioned how fast those people were emptying the bar. As a result of that much alcohol and a BAD room arrangement for the party guests, we started getting groups of people in the hallways, screaming, singing, banging doors and talking loudly, as they did not care of anything and as if they were at their own house. I have 3 young kids and they were waking up because of them.
The last drop of this incredibly bad night, was a couple of ladies, or maybe more who arrive to the next door room. Their conversations were so loud that I could hear just like someone was inside my room, next to me and yelling in my ears.. I decided that it was time for a trip to the front desk.
As I was explaining the reason of my complaint to a young girl sitting there, she did not seem to know how to deal with it..at that moment another lady came from inside the office asking what was the problem.. I must say this lady was loud and sounded at all not very apologetic. I still do not understand why was she raising her voice to me. She say right away that this was the FIRST complain they got about the noise and that I should have come tell the problem EARLIER.. ..and I thought how am I suppose to know that in advance!??.....and please hush..lower your voice…we are in the hall and people is trying to sleep…including my kids.!!

..she did not yell at the drunk ladies though..

the drunk ladies continued making noise after that and got out of their room to the hall next to our door to laugh out loud and then they left.. I am guessing they were not going to go to bed yet.

2. Now the Waterpark ..
The staff needs to shut down the pool for a 45 minutes lunch break!!.. what?.. because they cannot take turns and because they don’t care. 45 minutes sitting in the pool with anxious little kids..without touching the water because if we dare to..then this very obnoxious lifeguard will rush like a mad cop to make sure that your body stays out of the pool until they are done eating. He also never put on a smile or a nice attitude..he was just plain unpleasant.

The place is not any better than any regular pool. When we saw the pictures on the website we all thought how cool it was.. well.. it is not cool at all. We have been in many places like this but nothing as poor as this waterpark.

If you are planning to come here..well you should consider this facts. I know that my complaint it is not about the infrastructure, but an important part of a hotel’s infrastructures is THE PEOPLE who is serving you. If the service makes you fell bad, like I am feeling now.. then it is not worth your money. There are several choices out there. Do not come to ARROWWOOD if you want to sleep and swim at a fabulous place.. this is definitely not that choice.

Room Tip: I am not sure if this hotel will place you on a quiet zone if there is a party around, you are absol...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CarmenJ246
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Carmen - I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay this past weekend with loud guests and the waterpark not meeting your expectations. I apologize for the way that our staff made you feel - we strive for excellent customer service to each and every one of our guests and fell short with you and your family. I assure you that your comments were addressed with the staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Please contact me directly with any thing I can do to have you consider our facility in the future. carolyn.bare@arrowwoodbrainerd.com

Carolyn
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The staff was rude, the room was filthy and dim. The beds were worn-one had a plastic cover on the mattress and the other had a noticeable indentation where each guest prior to me laid in front of the TV. It was a fairly creepy place. Not on my list of places to return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelgretz
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience. I am sorry to hear it was disappointing and would like to hear more regarding your stay.

If you could please contact me and let me know a bit more about your stay it will help with our staff training.

Carolyn Bare
Carolyn.bare@arrowwoodbrainerd.com
Minnesota
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The rooms are very, very big. Somewhat cozy. There are 2 flat screen TV's in each room and the rooms are more like suites then just rooms. Log furniture, fridges, microwaves and coffee-makers.
A pretty good breakfast on weekdays, but get there fast because they close down at 9 am! Way too early, in my opinion. No free breakfast on the weekends.
CONS...Our room was very DUSTY! There was only one small mirror in the sink/bathroom area. Our sink wouldn't drain well. They would be wise to put at least one more mirror in the room, and a full length mirror would be appreciated.

Room Tip: They have rooms that have 2 bedrooms in them for large families.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Teejaaa
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I am sorry to hear that your room was dusty. We take pride in our cleanliness and to hear that you didn't feel that upon entering your room is disappointing. I will follow up with my Executive Housekeeper.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future.

Carolyn
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stopped for dinner on the advice of a friend. We found the drinks to be minuscule: the liquor didn't even reach the halfway point of the glass, and for that we were charged $7.00. The food was good, and our server was lovely but that didn't mitigate the manager's defensiveness and lack of willingness to do anything to improve the situation. My advice: STAY AWAY!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda M
Carolyn B, General Manager at Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have received an email from your friend regarding your experience. The drinks you received are not standard drinks and the supervisor you encountered, who was not the manager, did not treat you or the situation the way that they are trained to. I would like to apologize and would ask you to contact me so I may hear the full encounter and hopefully make this right because I would like you both to experience the restaurant in a positive light the way your friend did previously.

Carolyn Bare
Carolyn.bare@arrowwoodbrainerd.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baxter
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brainerd-Baxter
Madden's on Gull Lake
#1 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Baymont Inn & Suites Baxter/Brainerd Area

Been to Arrowwood Lodge At Brainerd Lakes? Share your experiences!