“Blown away, starting with the Bruschetta!!”
Review of Prairie Bay Grill

Prairie Bay Grill
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Baxter
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We pulled in to Prairie Bay Grill, ravenous. We met our match! The “Build Your Own Bruschetta” or “B.Y.O.B” engaged us in a food frenzy!! What a delicious gourmet idea! Marinated Portobello, Caramelized Onions, Roasted Red Peppers, Roasted Garlic, Tomatoes, and more plus toppings and roasted garlic bread!! You gotta roll up your sleeves and get your fingers gooey but what a gustatory romp!! This inspires to try it at home for a small party!

We ordered the Superfood Salad—Spinach & Kale, Walnuts & Blueberries, Golden Beets and Sweet Potato Croutons! An extraordinary rendering. Also had the Phatty Melt—a tasty grass fed beef burger accompanied with freshly fried house made chips. Went down so well.

Tried their 2 finger pour 10 year aged Laphroaig —I use it at home for a certain cocktail—and that was a HUGE pour! I know what it costs me per bottle so $10.00 for that kind of serving at a bar is quite a deal. We finished off with a trio of Gelato—different tastes that ignited yet another feeding frenzy. The Pistachio was especially a delight—a bit reminiscent of Pistachio Kulfi served at an Indian restaurant.

We got back on the road and continued on towards Alexandria, really sated and relaxed, just overall exhilarated. Prairie Bay is a real keeper. Wish we lived closer rather than several states away so could patronize it more often.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food was excellent. We had pizza. They had some good choices and great offerings for their happy hour. Very laid back not rushing us to hurry up and leave. Our server was great. Very entertaining and interactive.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Based on TA reviews, I decided to try this place. It was perhaps 1/3 full at dinner time on a week day, which was not a good sign.

Per the wait person's suggestion, I tried the chicken and wild rice. It had very little taste. It was not cheap: $18. Way overpriced imho.

Also, they showed me to a booth that had either a very hard plastic or hard wood seat. There were cushions on the chairs at tables. But just a hard bench with the booth.

The restaurant is back perhaps 1/2 block from Highway 371. There's a sign pointing to the restaurant. But don't expect to see it from the highway.

There's lots of competition along the HIghway 371 strip. This would not, imho, be among the top 10 or 15.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch, as we usually do on way up north. I ordered the lobster salad tostatas and our server said they were her favorite. I’m pretty sure the “lobster” salad was made with the fake stuff as they left a tinny, chemical after taste.
Service was excellent but next time I’ll remember if the lobster salad is made with real lobster.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a wonderful meal with friends the other night. My wife and I both had a dish called Chicken and wild rice. Yum! It had grea flavor and was just the right amount of food. It was a very good value.

Been to Prairie Bay Grill? Share your experiences!