GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake
US$91
US$133
US$113
Country Inn
America's Best Inn Annandale(Annandale)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$123
HIExpress.com
US$135
All reviewsbusy highwaybig bathroomthe pool area was nicenice hotelbeds were comfortablea great place to stayrecommend this hotelhot tubwould stay againexcellent stayyogurteasy accessthe breakfast areaparking lotelkrustcleanliness
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 21 days due to the work assignment in a nearby power plant. I was supposed to get an Excel Energy discount for my stay. When I checked out at the front desk, I did get Excel Energy discount from the lady working there that day and I got a paper receipt of $1597.81. When I went back home working on my cost reimbursement one week later, I found that I was charged $324.71 extra, without my authorization. It turned out that the manager of the hotel didn’t agree with the lady to give me a discount who did give me Excel Energy discount when I was checking out. I got a credit card bill of $1922.52=$1597.81(receipt) + $324.71(??). I consider this as a theft and ugly too. If you have disagreement among your people, you should have got your own things resolved internally. The hotel is relatively clean, except the short shower curtain. My room happened to be on the road side and the passing trains really made big vibration on the windows. If you would like to stay here, try to stay on the other side of the building. I was the only one from my company staying this hotel (my first visit). All other colleagues stayed in a nearby town with about 20,000 populations. I won’t stay here again and not recommend my colleagues to stay here either. The hotel is OK, but the people are not.

Room Tip: you need to choose the rooms located not no the road side to avoid train passing noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Spencer L
amulder, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm sorry that you stay was not satisfactory and that it was not explained why you were being charged more. We do have an Xcel Rate and we also have a monthly rate for our guests staying long term. If you were staying on the monthly rate and checked out before a month, then the rate does go up. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication about the issue. If you would like to call the hotel and speak to a manager about this issue that would be great.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We have stayed there a few times...and love the hotel..but NEVER had dead bugs where the thermostat is. The clock was an hr behind and sheets were gross! Clearly not cleaned since day light savings! Will not ever go back. They didn't even offer a discount and to think we spent our honeymoon night there!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
amulder, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

I would like to apologize for your room not being up to par. We pride ourselves in having a very clean hotel and take all complaints seriously. I tried to offer you a discount when you called in and complained about it and I also called you back and left you a message. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I have a six-month work assignment close by and have been here for about a month. The room is very comfortable and clean. The staff is professional and courteous and have all taken the time to get to know me a bit. As a single female I feel safe at the Crossings.

The housekeeping staff is always willing to accommodate my work schedule and make sure that I have what I need to be comfortable.

The folks at the front desk are always friendly and eager to help out. It's great to see a friendly face with a pleasant greeting when I get back from work. Additionally, if I have any issues they are quick to take care of them.

This is a great place to stay! Many thanks to Amy and her staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
aprose, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Andy

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible! I read earlier reviews that mentioned train noise, but no one in our party heard a thing all weekend. The pool and hot tub area was clean, and the perfect meeting place for all of our family members! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012
amulder, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay at the Crossings in Becker. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to hear that our staff did a wonderful job taking care of you. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

We had an extended stay while working in the area. We found the hotel to be clean and had a friendly staff. The room we had was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is well stocked and maintained.
Pros: all mentioned above and very close to Sherco power plant. The provide free ear plugs (see below)
Cons: a bit expensive compared to other hotels in a 10 mile radius. A LOT of train traffic next to the highway although it does not bother me, It may affect others that are sensitive to noise.

Room Tip: If traffic or trains bother you then ask to be placed on the side opposite the hwy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
amulder, Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Becker- Big Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay at the hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will come visit us again in Becker, MN.