“Nice Family Restaurant”

Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Belle Plaine
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Place was busy, but yet service was still prompt. Not too noisy. It was a Friday night, I had the fish dinner special. It was pretty good -- a lot of batter. My wife had the chicken fettucine -- sauce was pretty good, but the chicken was not tender. Had the chili for an appetizer -- it was excellent. Ice cream for desert, pretty good; apple crisp tasted good. Very friendly place. Would go back there again.

Phil M, General Manager at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hi Max. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review. We appreciate hearing your feedback and our staff is dedicated to attentive and friendly service. We are happy that you enjoyed the menu options that you went with and we are glad to have your recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best, Jeff Olson (Owner)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We are told people line up to eat at Emma Krumbee's in Belle Plaine, MN, but I think on our next trip, I'll pass it by. It was mid-afternoon when we stopped for dinner/lunch. The women went in first followed by the men. My wife told me they couldn't seem to understand if there would a total of 5 or 6; it was 6. The food, once it was all delivered was decent; my wife had to wait and wait for her meal to arrive (she was given an excuse that the order got mixed up.) Oh yes, we had to ask once or twice for our silverware and napkins.

Phil M, General Manager at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We apologize that you were disappointed with our service and we hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you! We are truly always dedicated to attentive and friendly service towards our guests at all times. We will look into the situation you describe and speak with our staff to ensure that these types of mix-ups with silverware, napkins, meals, and seating do not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and again our apologies! Have a nice day. Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We ate breakfast at Emma Krumbee's after spending a day in their apple orchard and staying at their on-site hotel. The atmosphere is great, very homey and comfortable. Both the food and the service were standard, nothing special or over the top. All in all a good place to eat.

We are happy that you chose to stay here and we are glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere! We are glad that you enjoyed everything about your stay and we hope that you will join us again in the future! Have a wonderful day!! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Emma Krumbee's is a family-focused restaurant with excellent home-style cooking. Everything we tried was very good. The service was good (although when we were there it was not very busy), and the staff was very friendly. The house-made French and Bleu Cheese dressings were first-rate. Be prepared for some noise from small children as this is a very popular place for the little ones.

Phil M, Owner at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Hello! We are happy to see how much you enjoyed our home-style cooking! We are proud to cook delicious food for our guests and provide excellent service. We know that at times it can be a bit noisy but it adds to the atmosphere for a fun and lively establishment! We thank you for stopping in and leaving a review. We hope you will join us again in the future! Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Today was our second (and likely last) visit to Emma Krumbees. We stood at the spot that said wait here to be seated for at least 5 minutes before a girl appeared and stood there staring at us, never said hello, can I help you, nothing. We were finally seated and it took about 15 minutes for Edna to come to the table, she took our order, reaching across my face numerous times to set down silverwear, napkins, and take the menus. I saw my food sit for almost 15 minutes on the counter before being brought to me, at which time she again reached across my face to hand my husband his food and ran her arm over my straw, looked at it and walked away. Gross. I saw her dump trash, wipe tables, fix her hair, and then pick up people's food without washing her hands (to be fair, I also saw another waitress put her hair up and take it down 4 times and then pick up someone's food too, so Edna is not the only one). While the food was good, we won't be back.

2  Thank Debi G
Phil M, Owner at Emma Krumbee's Restaurant & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hi Debi. First off, we would like to apologize for the long wait when you first arrived. We encourage our staff to always sit our guests when the tables are ready! As a staff we are dedicated to friendly and attentive service so I will speak with the staff regarding all of the incidents that you mention. There is no excuse for the sanitary issues you mention so I will also bring that up to ensure that we do not have anyone making these mistakes in the future. As the general manager, Jeff, I would like to extend my apologies. But, I would like to please get in contact with you about this situation in order to correct it. If you could please send me an email or give me a call it would be much appreciated! Thank you for letting us prove to you that we are all about a perfect dining experience!

Best, Jeff Olson (General Manager)
952.873.4334