“This place is worse than terrible.” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
HomeTown Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Belle Plaine
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“This place is worse than terrible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I made an emergency trip to visit my uncle who is very ill. I booked a room at this place which I had stayed before about 10 years ago. It had changed the name but the place is the same. I couldn't believe how run down it has become. There was only one other room occupied, and I was given the handicap accessible room, why I don't know maybe they thought it was the cleanest they had, which it definitely wasn't. There was mold in the bathroom and the caulking was coming out. The bedspread was filthy and I mean really filthy. Cobwebs in the corners of the room. I should have asked for a different room, there sure were enough empty ones, but I figured that since there is only one other person here that should have told me something.

Room Tip: I don't think you could find a clean room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 1DaKa
Tina B, Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I apologize for the inconvenience. If you had communicated with us that you are not happy with your room, we would have showed you other rooms that we had clean. I also want to mention that we did have only few rooms occupied the night you stayed, but since you checked in around 11:30am(our check in time is 3pm), we didn't have any standard king clean at that time. Also, since you made reservation through online, your reservation did come to us as a king with handicapped accessible room, so we thought that you wanted that specific room type. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel service is horrible and terrible! I blocked rooms for my wedding 2 weeks ago. After the rehearsal dinner on Friday night i checked into my hotel room to find out that someone else was in my room in which i walked in on. I was furious and walked back to the front desk to express my concerns that someone else was in my room. He then called his manager, in which was very hard to get a hold of, and told him that i did not have a reservation although i just checked into my room in which someone else was in. I finally got a room in which i demanded to make sure that no one was in the room, he then told me to leave my drivers license and credit card with him while i checked to make sure that no one else was in my room. I was not comfortable with that idea and made sure that i got my cards instantly. The next day the same guy who was working before told me that my room would be "taken care of" and i demanded to talk to the manager who didn't get in until 9am on Saturdays. After i got my hair done, i went to talk to the manager, who then told me that it was the guys second day of working and that he was fired that night. I was then told there would be no other problems that would occur. however that was not the case. One of my bridesmaids, reserved a room for saturday night after the receptions for one person. She then found out when she tried to get into her own room that it was locked and that the front service guy let a drunk guy into her room! The guy had to take a screwdriver to let her into her room. Today, i got a phone call that my room from that friday night was charged to my grandmas card even though my information was written down and in the system. They informed me that i would get the room at a discounted rate of 50%. This is unacceptable. I should not be contacted two weeks later to pay for a room that i was told that was taken care of. The hotels excuse was that i was the first weddding that they had. Even though i blocked rooms a month in advance. I would highly recommend for people to NOT stay at this hotel. This is very unacceptable service and i will be sure to let others know to never stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cmspina33
I apologize for the service you received when you checked in on Friday night. I agree that you shouldn't have gone through this especially on your wedding weekend, and that is why the Friday front desk clerk was let go the same day after just 1 week of working here. We also don't think that these kind of mistakes are acceptable. However, for sat night with your friend's room, we were in dilemma on what to do when couple of your bridesmaids walked in with 2 guys at 3 am and asked for your friend's room number. Your bridesmaids said that the intoxicated man you mentioned is going to stay in your friend's room and that became the plan. We called the room, but since she wasn't in the room, we couldn't get hold of her to verify. In this situation, we had to make a hard decision on whether we should let (according to your bridesmaid, part of your group member) him in your friend's room or call the cops. Since, you were already upset with Friday night situation, the sat night desk clerk thought to let him in to your friend's room against our hotel policy. We would never have let him in if your bridesmaids didn't vouch for him. When your friend came to the hotel that night, she couldn't open the door because that man had put the dead bolt from inside, so the desk clerk did walk with her and opened the room for her, and asked her if she knew the guy that was in her room and she did say yes, so he left. If she would have told him right there that she doesn't know who he is or that she didn't want him in her room then he would have called the cops and kicked him out. Also, you mentioned that the room was booked for 1 person, but we go through thousands of cases were guests says 1 person when they make reservation but when they check in they forget to mention that it's more than 1 person in the room. But still, when she called we were able to give her 30% discount. In this kind of situations, whatever decision we make would be wrong. If we go by the hotel rules and don't let him in than if he does turn out to be someone from your family, then you would be furious with us for calling the cops, so we were just trying to make your stay enjoyable by avoiding any kind of unpleasant situations for you. Again, I would like to apologize and hope you understand our dilemma.

Travellers are raving about these Belle Plaine hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Suited my needs for the stay. Didn't have any fitness equipment. Had a nice pool. Had a bit of an issue with the maintenance though. The tub was moldy at the connection for the towel rail. Also found out the last night of my stay the door never closed completely. It sounded like it locked but when I pushed to check the door just opened. Thankfully no one stole anything while I was out but it was very disconcerting to find this out. Also they didn't bother to salt an entrance so when leaving the first morning I went for a tumble on the ice. Banged up my knee pretty badly. When I told the desk clerk he said "oh golly" and went to take care of it but really didn't care about me. Next time I'm in the area I'll be looking to see how other hotels fare. Final note the breakfast is very limited so if you don't want more than waffles, muffins or cereal, you're fine. If you want more variety and healthy choices, there is a Resturant close by.

Room Tip: Go for the side away from the highway. Nice view of an orchard saw well.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Belle Plaine, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had an 18 person quilt retreat for four days in Feb 2014 - with the new owners/managers Tina & Neil, it was fantastic! They granted every request we asked for. The upgrades to the hotel lobby, sewing room and sleeping rooms were very nicely done. Each sleeping room now has new mattresses (oh, so very comfy!), large flat screen TV's, fridges, microwaves & coffee makers. It was a very busy weekend for the hotel with our quilt retreat, state volleyball tournaments going on at the local high school, a very bad two day snow storm filling the hotel with teenagers, walk-ins and a kiddie birthday party all going on at once - but they did a fantastic job of catering to us all, including the Continental breakfast, without any of us feeling neglected! We already have our dates reserved at the hotel for 2015, we enjoyed it so much!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandieleec
Minnea
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Was told three different prices for the same room. The male manager we spoke to was very rude and continuously interrupted us while expressing our concerns. They were not helpful and not accommodating. You can't even stay with your significant other in the same room without paying an extra $8.00/ night. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S L
Saint Paul, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We decided to take a weekend trip to Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard and booked a room here for one night. The location is great; literally steps from the orchard, family restaurant and kids activities. Check-in was very professional. We checked-in about an hour early which was no problem. The room was very clean, average furnishings. We went to the pool which was nice, a little wear starting to show but nothing terrible. At night the place was very quiet. The bed was a little hard but nothing terrible. We did not take part in the free breakfast though it is there as an option. Overall it was a great place for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the orchard. Great views that way. Otherwise you'll be looking into th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smdelaney
Tina B, Manager at HomeTown Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for feedback for your stay at our hotel, I really appreciate it. We are in process of changing the beds this winter. We just got done replacing the carpet and new bedding, the next on our list is beds. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Savage, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stated in Belle Plaine for one night for a wedding I called in March for reservations for 2
rooms, and all they had lefted was smoking which we didn'n want but we took them. when
we and the other couple went into our rooms there was hardly any smell of smoke, we very nice
rooms. They have a nice continenal breakfast with all the goodies.

Room Tip: The hotel was full with a wedding party staying there, and we heard no noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Asteria Inn & Suites New Prague
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia
Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee

Been to HomeTown Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!