“Quaint little place”

Raphael's Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Bemidji
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Quaint little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Raphael's is a genuine small town diner with a decent bakery too. Be sure to get there early or they may be out of your favorite roll though.

Ogilvie
“Excellent bakery!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

These guys have fresh bakery and lots to choose from. Fresh baked breads, donuts, fried rolls and too many to list here. Best danish i have had i a very long time! I had breakfast while we were there and was satisfied with the meal.

• Visited August 2013
grandmahenry
“What a gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Unassuming place with a bakery side and a cafe/diner side, they also have a HUGE collection of cookie jars in the window. We ordered sandwiches - I had a turkey on pumperknickel and my husband had a grilled cheese with ham. Each sandwich came with a scattering of chips and a little bunch of grapes, which worked out beautifully for us as I do not eat chips and he does not eat grapes. Service was fast but not super fast, just right. Traffic was steady in an out, drinsk were refreshed and my tea came with extra hot water - always a good thing. After we finished teh waitress told us we could go through and buy what we needed at the bakery and pay for it all at once, which we did. We bought two cake donuts and two sawdust buns, both were excellent, but the bread? OMG! The Sour Dough was amazing, we are home and haven't ried teh Dutch Crunch or Rye yet, but that SourDough is truly wonderful. Definitely a great stop for a nice light lunch with all homemade items.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Much more than a bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had the soup/sandwich special -- pea soup with ham and a tuna salad on a croissant. Expected a cup of soup, got a bowl. Expected a sandwich on a plate, got a sandwich, a small bowl of noodle salad (with some salami in it), some nice chips, AND a desert square. What a treat. My partner had a veggie salad and half a turkey reuben. The salad was huge and delicious -- not a piece of iceberg in sight. The sandwich half was generous and delish. A delightful mix of folks filled the place. Great staff. Seem to really enjoy serving people.

Visited June 2014
Bemidji, Minnesota
“Absolutely love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. They have the best filled long john donuts ever! There lunches are hit and miss. I love their sandwiches but some reason always order the special or something random and always think I should have gotten a sandwich. You get lots of food for a great price! Definitely try!