“It was okay”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Fargo, ND
“It was okay”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

First I want to say the staff is great, from the folks behind the counter to the housekeeping staff. There were a few things that I didn't really like though..,.. The continental breakfast didn't have any fruit. A banana or apple in the morning keeps the doctor away! There are only two aerobic machines in the exercise room. One of them had been shipped to be fixed so the only aerobic machine available was the eliptical. I have arthritic hands and can only use a treadmill. I asked for a fridge in my room for medicaiton. The fridge kept my meds a little above room temp so I had to fill a bag with ice to keep the fridge cold. Also the tub stopper didn't work and the bath tub pipes made a high, loud noise when the shower was going. Didn't matter if it was really hot or really cold water. In the hotel's defense, I stayed at this place for only two nights and didn't mention the issues to the front desk till the night before my departure otherwise I'm sure they would have rectified the fridge and stopper issue. Bottom line though, I've heard there are some other very nice hotels in town, and one that's going to be built, so this HIE might want to start fixing things before rooms are rented or customers, including this one, will go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank suzb_00
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. We appreciate all of the feedback you have provided and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Our treadmill was out of order during your stay and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this caused. The feedback you have provided will promote growth and provide the hotel with areas to improve in.

Assistant Manager
Stacy Pontinen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2013

From arrival to leaving, this stay was much more than we expected. Welcome at the desk was very pleasant, room was one of the best - large and comfortable - with convenient "Handicap Parking ". The staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed.

Room Tip: This is one of the better hotels so leaving your room selection to the desk clerk is OK.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the services and products we provided. Customer satisfaction is one of our main priorities and we are thrilled we offered you great service during your stay. Please come back and visit the Holiday Inn Express during your next visit to the Bemidji area.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We rented four rooms at this property for an extended family visit to the Bemidji area. It was our choice of hotels as we are platinum IHG members. It was nothing shy of an embarassment that we woud take family to this sub-par property. Some of the biggest issues included the fact that they continuously left us only 2 towels and washclothes in a 4 person room, the breakfast area was not properly stocked, the swimming pool and hot tub were nasty, the Internet barely worked and the rooms are dated and in poor condition. They had signs all over the place stating that if we couldn't give them high marks on the survey we should let them know. We told the front desk clerk and she said "thanks for letting me know." Not what we normally expect from HIE. Won't go back.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelingSix
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay due to the lack of sensitivity and service we provided. The staff and local internet provider have been informed of the feedback you have provided and are setting goals to reach a higher satisfaction level with our guests. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for all of your feedback.
Stacy Pontinen Assistant Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bemidji hotels

Minneapolis
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Imagine walking into an over lit lobby with dirty windows overlooking a nasty indoor poor. Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Bemidji. The desk clerk isn't standing guard and there's a strange table with light refreshments and snacks by the elevator. For a little extra money Bemidji travelers are best driving up the road to the Hampton Inn or soon-to-open Doubletree, because the Holiday Inn Express isn't any bargain given its situation. The rooms are super dingy (I mean what's with all the two double bed rooms?). Have to say that the bathrooms were clean and updated however.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank David A
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for all of your feedback.
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
My family came here on vacation because we usually stay at holiday inns. We got to the hotel, and as soon as we got in the room we were greeted by an awful smell. The room reeked like sweat, and was very dirty. The rooms did not even have refrigerators and were very small. If you want to feel secure at a hotel you can forget it here. All of the back doors are unlocked and there are no security cameras. Anybody can walk right into the hotel. The building is very old and in awful condition, all the walls and floors are very dirty. There was even bats on the outside of the building. The breakfast buffet is very bad, they have an awful selection of food and it is on second floor and is WAY to small. The pool and hot tub are also extremely dirty. The hotel needs to remodel EVERYTHING if they want to improve. I will NEVER be coming back to this hotel again, and I recommend the Double Tree or the Hampton Inn instead.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank BVELock
Maple Grove, MN
Reviewed 29 July 2013

First and last time staying at this hotel, I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Bemidji but they were booked this weekend, looking forward to the Doubletree Hotel coming to Bemidji soon. As far as this hotel, the beds were AWFUL, the breakfast was dismal, they were out of everything when my family tried to get breakfast, very slow at restocking. The breakfast area is on the second floor and way too small to accommodate a full hotel, guest were crammed in areas where it was difficult to even get to the breakfast selections. We stayed two nights, on the second night we returned from a wedding around 10pm and the parking lot was full of police cars, 4 to be exact. Apparently, there were drunks causing problems in the hotel, not impressed with the hotel, won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank A A
HIEBEMIDJI, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 30 July 2013

Thank you again for all of your feedback.

Stacy Pontinen
Assistant Manager
Cold Spring, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Long day driving and arrived ready for a rest. I was greated by two young ladies that made me feel do welcome. My reservation was ready and speedy checkin. My room was comforatable and clean. Very pleased with my stay and I must say pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed June 2013
HIEBEMIDJI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bemidji. Your candid feedback helps us improve the quality and service of our hotel. The feedback you have provided has been relayed to our staff and we hope to see you during your next visit to Bemidji.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Quality Inn Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#8 of 10 in Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bemidji? Share your experiences!