“A wonderful night”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Bemidji
Springfield, Missouri
“A wonderful night”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We spent one of the most enjoyable nights of our vacation at the Bemidji Holiday Inn Express. I reserved a room with a double whirlpool tub and we spent about 90 minutes in it. We were plenty relaxed for the rest of the evening! Needless to say, we slept well and woke up refreshed.
The hotel was pleasant, clean and comfortable. It was an easy driving distance to the lake and the restaurants we wanted to visit.
I would recommend it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a double hot tub!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEBEMIDJI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! Come back again soon!

Jessica Durkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed here on previous occasions. I am impressed that this small hotel is so well run. Simple accommodations, with in-house breakfast that surpassed my expectations for hotel type (Chobani Greek yogurt, oatmeal and boiled eggs: it's like I am at home!). Simple accommodations, clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff, near Hwy and many nearby businesses. I will continue to stay here when I visit Bemidji.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HIEBEMIDJI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review! I am so pleased that you enjoy each stay with us and that it feels like home as we consider our returning guests a part of our family :) Hope to see you soon.

maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was here for 4 nights on business. Staff is A+++. Walls are thick, despite a full house there was very little noise from other rooms, occasional hallway sounds but overall very quiet.
Didn't feel too clean though. Carpet is a bit sticky, hallways a bit dingy. Didn't really spend a lot of time in the room. Fine for in and out stay.

Room Tip: Can request minifridge for room. They have a limited supply available for the asking.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review. I am so happy to hear your comments about our staff as we love what we do! I appreciate your feedback about the hotel. I can assure your that our hotel is clean but I do understand your comments about the carpet. When it is humid, the carpet can seem a bit damp. In addition, we are currently getting bids for new carpeting throughout the hotel. We hope to have you as our guest again!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bemidji is centrally located in Minnesota - on a beautiful lake. The Holiday Inn Express is next to a McDonald's and many other recognizable food chains - which is important to me as it is important to my 14 year old who is traveling with me. It is also located next to a wonderful grocery store. Small enclosed mall behind the grocery store. Wal-Mart and Home Depot are up the street.

The Holiday Inn Express had a good hot breakfast - automatic pancake maker, good cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs early (sausage and eggs later). Coffee was excellent! Breakfast was from 6 to 9:30 a.m. Microwave in the lobby. Sparse fitness room but it has a treadmill and that is all I want.

Staff is helpful and friendly. Room is immaculate and I slept very well. 14 year old complained that the pillows were to soft. AC in the room work well and was easily adjusted to the right temperature. Our room was next to the lobby but was still very quiet.

We used Bemidji as our base of operations to explore Minnesota. It is 2 hours to Voyageurs National Park and less than an hour to Itasca State Park (Mississippi headwaters).

Hotel is very affordable - we stayed during the week and are checking out Friday as it is sold out on the weekend. Many things in Minnesota are booked solid on the weekends.

Room Tip: Second floor has the breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Camille Z, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome review and for the great information you have provided our future guests. We love being located here in the Northwoods. We hope to see you again!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was recently at this lovely establishment... I was in the area doing some advertising and the staff and the management where very accommodating and easy to work with... They were very polite and helped in any way they could through out my 4 day stay... :) The rooms are very clean... Even smells clean :) Also the hotel itself has a nice warm pool and hot tub to relax in...
Not to mention they always had some fresh baked cookies for us to enjoy.. I will for sure be going back to this establishment.. Thanks for a delightful experience....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We here at the Holiday Inn Express are so delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us! Our goal is to make sure our guests are well taken care of during your visit. Hope to see you again soon :) happy holiday weekend
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in this Hotel end of May 2014. It was very satisfying stay to be here. Rooms are maintained very well. All your needs are taken care of by managing persons. Break fast , coffee tea need are met with high standard, Swimming and Gym facilities are also provided. Overall excellent service is rendered by this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Camille Z, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our property here in Bemidji. We are glad to hear that you were very satisfied and our staff was able to fulfill all of your needs. If you are ever in the area, we’d love for you to choose our hotel once again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 night 12/18 to 12/21 reserved a King room suite. Arrived at the hotel after a long day on a work project and was quite wiped out. Checked in, that went smooth and easy, very friendly staff. Went to settle down and relax in the room and noticed the room appeared to be poorly made up. That evening went to a coworkers room to have a couple of beers and go over a few details on the project, got to his room and he said "check out the great housekeeping" bed appeared to be just tossed together. The next morning had breakfast in the breakfast bar, but only had cereal since that's all they had stocked. The breakfast person was only putting out a few items here and there. When asked if more eggs would be ready, reply was 10 minutes. For an empty place not good. That evening arrived back and noticed my room appeared to also be only tossed together, bed and pillows just tossed up to appear as if someone made a slight effort. Next morning more of the same for breakfast, not good. Now my last evening arrived back after a long day on the project and quite wiped out, staff greeted with a friendly hello and welcome back. Went to my room and whamo my room wasn't even touched. Bed not made, towels not replaced, other room items not replaced even the bad coffee packs. Went down to the front desk to complain and the two young ladies we're shocked. I asked for some fresh towels and soaps, the staff said they would let housekeeping know the next day since they all were gone for the evening. That evening the place was full with high school wrestling teams for a wrestling meet. Kids will be kids so let's just say the place was a little loud. The next morning I met my coworker for the so called breakfast buffet, let's just say good luck. 7am no food was ready and what was made was quickly grabbed by the kids quickly. My coworker also said his room was not made up yesterday so what housekeeping did that day who knows. Now I received my invoice and went to the front desk to complain about the price for the lack of service, the guy at the desk said he couldn't do anything and I'd have to talk to a manager later. About 4 hours later the manager called me apologizing for the lack of quality for my stay and deducted a small amount from the invoice. Now this was my 4th Express in 3 weeks; 1 out in Long Island, NY, 1 North East, PA and Schaumberg, IL all of these places we're above the level performers and would gladly rate them 4.5 to 5's but not this place. Many other quality hotels in Bemidji

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIEBEMIDJI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bemidji, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I would like to apologize about the short comings you experienced during your stay at our property. The supervisors in each department have been made aware of the situation and are looking at ways to improve the service we are providing our guests. We thank you for your feedback, apologize for the inconveniences and are planning to improve the service we offer here at the Holiday Inn Express.

Travellers are raving about these Bemidji hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bemidji
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bemidji
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Bemidji
Best Western Bemidji Inn
Quality Inn Bemidji
Quality Inn Bemidji
#8 of 10 in Bemidji
Candlewood Suites Bemidji
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Blackduck

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bemidji? Share your experiences!