Benson Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$79
US$75
US$125
US$122
US$131
US$112
GrandStay
Americas Best Value Inn Glenwood(Glenwood)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$118
US$101
US$98
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I saw some review was little concerned...but what I cared was a clean room and basic amenities.
I was 45 minutes early as the check-in time was at 3:00pm but, with request to allow early check-in the manager was pretty happy to accomodate. Rooms were clean which I cared most.

I extended my stay for another day as the rates were great. Service was good as my wife asked for towels twice and hotel provided them promptly. My wife like this hotel was it saved 100 dollars in this economy. Hotel did not have continental breakfast but did not care. Hotel Manager pointed out some local places which were not bad.

Sorry to see some folks had bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

RUDE, Arrogant owner!!
He is not "Minnesota Nice" and it was the 2nd worst motel stay I've ever had and I'm 64 years old. He told me he didn't care WHAT people wrote about him or his motel because "he doesn't read them anyway". Even though my wife's family lives in Benson and we go there several times a year, we will NEVER stay with that jerk again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Craigaaa
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a few times in 2011, and it is not a bad place to stay. The manager, BJ, was a very professional and curteous and his staff efficient. This hotel is clean with nice rooms. There is no breakfast, but by saving the money on the room, I was able to go to Sandy's Cafe and I still came out ahead better than if I stayed at Country Inn. My advise to other guests is not to avoid this hotel. I can tell you from experience that the reveiws on here are old and not valid. This hotel has changed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I have stayed at the Benson in twice before and never had a problem. They must have a new manager his name is Brijesh Patel. If he's not new then I was lucky before. It all started when I checked in harrassing me about having a room with one bed. Really I have no problem sleeping with my female friend to keep the cost down. Like it's any of his business anyways! Then I called down to ask if they charge for making 1-800 calls and his reply was " It's in the guide!" There wasn't a guide. Then he told me to come down and get the guide. Ugh! Oh and btw it just snowed and do you think they shoveled the stairs after the snow fall? No! The next day came and all i asked was for more towels,blanket and two more pillows. He told me that i wasn't supposed to have extra people in our room. Again a counsel about something that's not going on! Then he called and asked us what we again needed. He said he'll have his "maid" do when she arrives. Which was already an hour late. We then left for most of the day to arrive back to the room to the room not being touched or the items we asked for twice placed in our room. We called down and they said the maid called kn sick. Funny we were the only two staying there. Maybe next time get off your lazy butt and do it. He's trying to save money so he didn't "maid" come in. Lol! Once again down the slippery stairs. I wouldn't want him to strain any part of himself. When we finally left that hell hole. We left the room clean but, we left a note stating how much we disliked the place. So,he charged us another $20.00 for who knows what and then he called us complaining. Don't stay there. Spend another $30.00 a night and stay at the Country Inn Suites. BEWARE OF THE BENSON INN!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Mexicohopper1
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel is nice and clean with attached restaurant and bar. The shower was warm, but far from hot. Generally a nice hotel with few drawbacks other than the shower.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business