“Reunion Hosted by the Lodge”

The Lodge at Giant's Ridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Biwabik
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We scheduled our class reunion to be held at the Lodge. While some attendees resided at the Lodge, this review is limited to the reunion event.

The room prepared for the gathering was well done, with tables seating 6. We arranged for a cash bar. The asst manager assisted me in getting our media equipment to work, so we were able to show a DVD and some photographs.

We elected to have 3 entrees for the buffet and they were all great. The Lodge gave us very reasonable pricing on the buffet. I received a number of compliments from attendees concerning the room and the food.

The manager Chrissy was amazing, remaining on site during the evening event making sure everything went smoothly. She and the other staff were very accommodating.

I was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John T
Chris A, General Manager at The Lodge at Giant's Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

John,

It was a pleasure meeting you and working with your group.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your weekend with your classmates in Biwabik.
Please stop in and say hello when you are back in town!

218.865.7170

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Lodge for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The staff (especially the boat rental staff) was great! The bar area was excellent and they even had live music for both nights of our visit. The nightly rate was a bit pricey compared with other hotels, but worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Krista R
Chris A, General Manager at The Lodge at Giant's Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us the Lodge at Giants Ridge! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Please be sure to visit our website to learn about our current specials & packages. You can also sign up for our e-mail campaign that give you first access to our new offers. We hope to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just spent a couple of days at the Lodge and it was a great place to stay to golf at the Legends and the Quarry. The Legends pro shop is right outside the front door of the Lodge. There were two families in one Hillside 2 bedroom condo (7 people total). The room had a definite 'lodge' feel to it with turned log furniture. The room was nice, however could use some maintenance and new couches and mattresses. The fridge looked like someone took a golf club to it. The room was clean and well kept and the bathrooms were nice. The lodge itself was nice and roomy with a nice restaurant and lounge. The kids made good use of the indoor pool and jacuzzi. There was hardly anyone else there so it was very uncrowded and quiet. It would be nice to have a later check out time available (check out was 11am) to accomodate a round of golf on the day you are leaving (especially if you have family that doesn't golf and stays back at the lodge). I would definitely stay there again.

A note on the Legends and Quarry golf courses: Both top-notch quality golf courses with excellent amenities and service. Very challenging and picturesque. If you haven't had the opportunity to play these two, you definitely need to add them to your list for the near future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us the Lodge at Giants Ridge! I am so pleased that your family and friends enjoyed their stay with us. I understand there were a few maintenance issues that we are actively addressing. Any specific information regarding the specific room number or name on the reservation would be appreciated so that I can personally look into the maintenance issues. My contact information is below.

We understand that when families stay with us some are golfing and some are enjoying the amenities at the lodge and in the area. The next time you are here please feel free to request a later check-out and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

We hope that you will choose to visit us again, thank you for staying with us!

218.865.7170

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed in the Lodge in one of the attaching rooms this past weekend to attend a wedding. The rooms were 360 dollars. We stayed in part of the room that had a queen size bed and a bunk bed while my mother in law stayed in the other room with the king size bed. Our bedroom had a air conditioning problem where the room never got below 75 degrees. Now I understand that this area of the country does not often need air conditioning but it seemed as if air conditioning was a after thought(some kind of over the door contraption) The rooms were appointed nicely but ridden hard and put away wet. Scratches and wear marks in the kitchen cupboard areas, dents in the refrigerator and just a hot plate for a stove. My wife and I have stayed in some nice hotels in our travels including the Trump Sonesta in Miami. WE PAID LESS FOR THE TRUMP HOTEL! I think they should cut the rate in half.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Leisure-Management, General Manager at The Lodge at Giant's Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Lodge at Giants Ridge.
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience at our property.
I am so sorry that you did not have a favorable experience with your accommodations.

My name is Chrissy, I am a General Manager at the Lodge and work for Leisure Hotels & Resorts. We are the management company that just took over management of this property last December. We are working on details in the rooms and appreciate your feedback. Please know that we have begun the process of fixing and replacing items in the rooms that are no longer functional or are in need of repair.

I have included my contact information below, it would be helpful to know what room you stayed in so that I can specifically address your issues. I would like to look at the room rate you paid and I would be happy to make an adjustment based on your experience. I would also like to invite you to come back and stay with us, possibly this winter, to give us an opportunity to make a better impression the second time. Please let me know if you would consider this opportunity and I can send you a certificate through the mail.

Thank you again for taking the time to send us your feedback, this is our opportunity to listen to our guests with the goal of providing exceptional accommodations and service to our guests.

Resort: 877.442.6877
Cell Phone: 218.831.2900

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Beautiful big timber decor adorns the great room lobby. Rooms are complete with kitchen and living room area. Granite tile bath is complete with large, soft bath towels. I always stay here when in the area on business. The restaurant is good. I love the Walleye Fingers.
The Lodge is set at the base of the ski hill and on one end is the golf pro shop. The first tee of the Legends course is just outside the door. A great setting in some of the most beautiful scenery in Minnesota.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe B
Leisure-Management, Manager at The Lodge at Giant's Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Lodge was terrific - the room was amazing!!. The dining was great. Staff were very accommodating and to top it off fresh snow and terrific skiing. James went above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Will definitely return. Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill G
Leisure-Management, Manager at The Lodge at Giant's Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our property. We pride ourselves on customer service and only want to provide you with the best! We are lucky to have James on our team and I will make sure he is aware of the impact that he made on you. Again, thank you for your 5 star review. We are already looking forward to your next visit.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I had read the reviews on this site and was not sure what to expect when I got there. I was greeted and felt right at home by the staff, we had stayed in a 4 bedroom and the room was amazing! Beds were comfortable, and kitchen was very clean and well stocked. The living room was chilly however instantly warmed up with the beautiful fireplace. All other bedrooms were perfect temperature which was surprising considering how cold it was outside. There was no stove but the hot plate did the trick for cooking and we had brought our own electric fry pan for eggs and bacon, Great size fridge fit everything we needed. Loved that you could cozy up by the fireplace after a long day of snowboarding or relax in the hot tub! Also it was nice that the lobby had amenities such as free wifi and pool tables. Overall great stay and experience! Thank you to the staff for the great experience.

Room Tip: We were hillside which you can from time to time hear the groomer machines. If you want quiet reques...