“Great location for lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hajime Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great location for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Brought my 7 yr. old daughter here for lunch and we had a wonderful experience. The location was easy to find and was very clean. Our waiter Micheal made sure we had everything we needed and made sure our table was always clean. The food was delish...I had the spicy salmon and crab rolls and my daughter the children's bento box...she couldn't stop eating my spicy crab roll! I would highly recommend this location and plan on telling all of my friends about it! We will be back!!

Blaine, MN
“Very Good Sushi & A Fun/Funky Neighborhood Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Who knew you could find fresh and delicious sushi in Blaine? We knew... and we try to keep it a secret. We go to Hajime once or twice a week for both sit-down and take-out sushi. Their prices are very reasonable and they have a great happy hour menu. We have been there many, many times and never had a bad experience.

Hajime is a quiet place, which is located in a little strip mall... right between "Wild Bill's" and "The Tavern," much bigger (and louder) restaurants/bars. From the entryway, you round a corner and then it almost feels like you're in a night club, which I have not quite figured out, but I like the atmosphere. It is modern & upscale and also fun & funky.felt really hip, which is unexpected given the Blaine location.

If you like sushi, you need to get in here for the Happy Hour deals. Sashimi and sushi are $2.25-$2.50 range (per piece) and rolls are in the $4.00-$6.00 range, which I think is very reasonable. Tap beers are $2.50 and house wines are $4.

The appetizers are also good, we enjoy the edamame and gyoza. With the National Sports Center & Schwans Super Rink so close, most of the hockey teams and soccer teams go to The Tavern or Wild Bills... and that's good. Keeps this quiet place just the way I like it! I highly recommend Hajime for good sushi, good service, and a good experience... it's worth the drive!

• Visited April 2014
Blaine, Minnesota
“Don't miss Happy Hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great Happy Hour menu - many of the items on the regular menu (sushi and other) are included at great Happy Hour prices. Happy Hour goes from 4pm until 6pm. The sushi bar is a great place to interact with the sushi chefs (our favorite is Cash). First rate sushi and Cash will always tell you what is fresh that day. The shrimp sauce is like no other! Better than Osaka by a mile. The best fried rice I have ever had with big pieces of egg and chicken in it. You can't go wrong.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lori W
Blaine, Minnesota
“Best sushi in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This sushi is the best in the area by far! That being said there really aren't that many choices. If you compare to Osaki Hajime rules. The staff and owners are great! The rolls are crazy good. This is a nice relaxing place for lunch or dinner!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minneapo
“love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place is amazing and nothing like anything else you will find in Blaine. The bartenders are awesome and the sushi is very good with lots of variety!

Visited November 2013

Been to Hajime Sushi Restaurant? Share your experiences!