Leisure Inn Hotel
Haileybury Beach Motel(Temiskaming Shores)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$70
Edgewater Motel and Campground(Temiskaming Shores)(Great Value!)
US$73
Englehart Motel(Englehart)
US$74
  • Restaurant
Waterfront Inn(Temiskaming Shores)
All reviewsthe ownerrooms are cleanboard gamescontinental breakfasta wonderful stayfamily runswimming areaplace to staybagelslarge groupsmall townwonderful placespent nightsbeautiful locationwhole familyreasonable ratesexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When travelling in northeastern Ontario along Hwy 11 north of North Bay there are several chain motel/hotels at New Liskeard including a new Holiday Inn Express. I was quoted $150 per night plus tax at each of the chains. About 10 minutes off the highway in Haileybury the Leisure Inn was $80 per night plus tax.
The Leisure Inn I guess could best be described as an upscale Mom and Pop facility. Rooms are spacious and clean with the usual amenities found at the chains. Continental breakfast is included. The Inn is located about a block from Lake Timiskaming so the "pool" is a lake. The Municipal kids playground is right beside the Inn. Staff are very friendly.
There is a great pizza restaurant a block away (local not a chain) and directly across the street from the Inn is a straight out of the 50's Chinese food restaurant- great food, robins egg blue booths and one of those old broken down cigarette machines that does not work. Service is slow and cash only but the food is great.
So not more than 10 minutes to save almost 50%- works for me.
PS Haileybury has the finest 9 hole golf course you can find anywhere.

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thanks a lot for taking the time to do a review for our Inn. Our employees really appreciate the kind words. They do a great job of keeping the Inn clean. When we travel, we appreciate a nice hotel at a reasonable rate so that is what we do our best to provide here in Haileybury. We hope you will keep coming back and send your friends as well and we will treat them right. Have a great summer. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy and the Leisure Inn team.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

In my travels I typically stay in the chain hotels like the Hampton Inns or other Hilton brand hotels. I can not recall the last time I have stayed in a non brand name hotel and when I was told where our hockey team would be staying for our last tournament of the year I must admit I cringed when I was told it was a small family owned inn.

I could not have been more wrong with my initial perception. The service at this hotel was fantastic. The owners were very welcoming the rooms were clean the lobby area was fantastic for the kids and parents to hang out. They had a table hockey game for the kids to play they have an xbox set up and numerous board games. They even have an area set up for the kids to play ball hockey in the parking lot.

You can tell that a lot of pride and love goes into the operation of this hotel and it translates into a genuine appreciation of their guests.

The only negative I would have would be the beds in my room. I found the mattress' very hard and low to the ground. You do not get the big plush beds you would find in the larger chain hotels.

But I would like to stress this is a small negative compared to a ton of positives. My family and I are looking forward to returning in the summer for a weekend away to check out the really cool looking beach area just a short walk away.

Thank you for the amazing hospitality.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank rdwarrior1975
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to do a review for our Inn. We are glad you want to come back in the summer. It is beautiful here in the summer. I think we have one of the best and cleanest beaches in Ontario. You had a good hockey team from Powassan, good bunch of kids moving up to the NHL soon. Good note on the beds. We have a good manufacturer in Sudbury and he has started providing us with soft top mattresses, we have half the rooms upgraded now so maybe you will have a softer sleep next visit.
Come and see us soon.
Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We Stayed at the Leisure Inn in Haileybury on our snowmobile Trip this year. Our Hosts were excellent and the rooms were cozy warm on a -34 degree night. The Family owned Motel is easy access for sledders from the Lake. Liquor Store just across the street, and the lone Chinese Restaurant is across the road and may not look like much but the food is excellent. Our morning breakfast included all right foods to get you going, just not the eggs&bacon kind of breaky but totally perfect to start a day right. WE were lined up with 10 other sleds that night ready for the next days ride. Safe, Clean, and a super value. If your looking for a place in the Haileybury area.... I totally recommend this Motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thanks for bringing your snowmobile friends to stay with us at the Leisure Inn. A great bunch of guys. Glad you had fun and enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for promoting us to others. We are in a great location for the snowmobile trails and I hear they are fantastic this year. We hope to see you again next year or even this year before the snow all leaves. Have a great year.
Ernie, Pam, Jeremy & Leisure Inn Team

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel Jan. 24th, 25th weekend for our novice hockey tournament. The kids and parents really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was amazing. The hotel owner actually came to watch our team play on the Saturday night and took a team photo which he framed and has hanging in the lobby. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
leisureinn, Owner at Leisure Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Awesome that you and your kids enjoyed the hockey weekend in Haileybury. I am a lucky guy because I have 2 boys that love hockey. I still get to play with them sometimes. I think Hockey is the best sport and I like them all. Bring you team anytime, they were good boys. Glad they made it to the finals. Good job guys, come back next time in the area.
Ernie, Pam, Jeremy and the Leisure Inn Team

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ernie and Family were great hosts and we appreciated their fine lodgings. I coach a minor hockey team of 7 and 8 year old kids and the bulk of our team stayed at The Leisure Inn. It was a perfect home base for our weekend tournament.

Beyond the clean, well kept rooms, updated flat screen TV's with Hi-Def cable and DVD players there were little extras that shined through.

The lobby was young boys paradise, with table top hockey, xbox and playstation gaming. And we can't forget about the thousands of DVD's available to watch in room at no extra charge.

Each morning their complimentary breakfast was enough to get us going for a long day at the rink. Also cookies and brownies were baked and available throughout the day.

Ernie also came to our last round robin game to cheer us on, a true Canadian hockey fan! He took our picture after the game and by the time we got back to the hotel it was hanging in the lobby.

Although a Winter trip, if we ever have to be in the area for a Summer trip we would not hesitate to stay again.

AAA+

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am really glad you liked our Leisure Inn. We have 2 boys that played a lot of hockey so we are glad to see other boys enjoying the best sport on earth. Thank you very much for the great advertisement, every customer review is a help to us. You have a great team of boys, soon to be men. Keep up the good work, helping them to grow up into great hockey players and great men. Ernie, Pam, Jeremy and the Leisure Inn Team.