Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
GreenLeadersGold level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Worth Staying At”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We were suppose to be making connections at the Minneapolis airport, only to find out our flight had been cancelled and we could not get out for 2 days. We called the Country Inn & Suites, for a quote -- it was cheaper then what the internet said. They offer free airport shuttle. Also a free shuttle to Mall of America. We got a nice 2 queen bed room, each bed had 4 pillows. The room was clean. It came with a small fridge and microwave. Free internet. Business office. Laundry room. Free breakfast -- which was outstanding. Breakfast offered many different items, and each day was alittle different. Coffee was free in the lobby and also chocolate chip cookies. A pool and hot tub, which we did not try. TGIF is attached to the building, so you do not even have to go outside to go there to eat!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing endorsement on Trip Advisor. I'm sure your fellow travelers will appreciate your detailed description of the amenities we offer. I'm sorry you were here under less than ideal circumstances, but it sounds like you made the most out of it. I hope you'll be back when you are choosing a trip to the area! Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
Palenville, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Great location near airport and Mall of America. Clean facility with cozy lobby. Ended up here due to a flight cancellation out of MSP and would recommend this location to anyone staying in the area. I travel quite often for business and what differentiated this hotel was their employees. We had an airport shuttle driver (Tim) not only get us back and forth to hotel from airport but realized our dilemma and offered to pick us up something at the convenience store if we needed. Front desk employee (Chris) helped us out with everything we needed and was professional and attentive. Nice hotel with employees who truly care about their guests! If there was a rating above Excellent for Service, it would apply here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you very much for submitting a review about your experience with our hotel. I shared your comments with Chris and Tim and I know you made their day! I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to recognize my employees for their genuine hospitality. They all take pride in the work they do and feel it's an honor to be able to serve others. I also want to thank you for your positive attitude given the less than ideal circumstances with your cancelled flight. I hope you'll be back to stay with us again; by choice next time! Best wishes, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Very convenient to MOA. the airport and south and downtown Minneapolis. We had the "suite" and it was clean, quite and comfortable for the 6 days we were there. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The fitness room was small but the hours I was there were very quiet. This was our second time there in a year and we would return as long as the price is competitive.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
I'm so glad to see you were back to stay with us again. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review with such nice feedback. I thrilled to see that you'll be choosing our hotel when you return to the area and I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Excellent Hotel - 5 stars - room was clean - staff was super - close to mall of America - shuttle service was on time every time - had a temperature issue in our room the maintenance man was their before i could get back from the front desk (which was just down the hall)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
What a wonderful review to read! I'm very happy to see you had a good experience with us and I hope you'll be back to stay again soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend our hotel on Trip Advisor! Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My personal feeling is that if you are booking direct with the hotel, you will be paying to much. Normally in this area I book through a discount website where you wouldn't know "exactly" the hotel you were getting, but knew the location and it is always fine. Nine times out of ten I am right on my guess on the hotel I was getting.

This time we had a group of us getting together for a 25 year college reunion and I had to know I was staying at the right hotel. So I booked direct and knew it was more than I would normally pay for this hotel. BUT - it was my choice. This is a busy property and if I was able to fill up the hotel for those rates I wouldn't lower them either.

This hotel has the standard Country Inn & Suites atmosphere. It has a small lobby, where it can easily become crowded. A nice convenience, it has a Friday's on one end of the hotel and an Ihop on the other. We enjoyed both and I have only positive things to say. We never left the property. Laughed and caught up at Friday's Saturday night and had breakfast the next day at Ihop. All good.

I read that the hotel needs some updating and cleaning, I agree. There were a couple of places in my room where it was obvious that they hadn't done a cleaning for a while. Also, I had to kill some time in the second entrance and sat on one of the couches to get some work done on my computer. The couch smelled musty and the WiFi was sporadic.

A couple of positives: the staff was very good and for how busy this hotel was the elevators were fast.

One thing I can't figure out with Country Inn & Suites, for the price you are getting per room it seems silly to not have ice and vending machines on every floor. If anything it might be a good idea to have that mentioned at check in.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a great time at your reunion and I'm so glad the attached restaurants worked well for all of you. Thank you for your nice comments regarding my employees, as well. I also appreciate you bringing the housekeeping issues to my attention. We strive to maintain our reputation as a very clean hotel and I apologize that didn't happen in your case. I'm hoping that we'll have the opportunity to change your opinion if you travel to our area again in the future. Please contact me directly if you would like to give us another try. Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Altoona, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My family and I stayed here for a little spring break getaway~it was perfect! The staff was welcoming and eager to help with any needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was convenient. We look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel. We realize family vacations are when lasting memories are made and we are honored that you chose to stay with us for your spring break. I hope you'll be back to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel is close to the Mall and you can either walk or take the shuttle. The King suite rooms have seperate Bedrooms, which garanties a quiet night. In general the hotel needs a remodelling and the cleanliness is not top notch. The fitness room is very small and not in good shape (maintenance and cleanliness wise). Stayed on a longer business trip in the hotel.
Breakfast is good and they vary the choices.

Room Tip: King Suites are a good choice, due to the seperate bedroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a review regarding your extended stay with us. It was a pleasure hosting your group throughout your audit. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the king suite and able to close the door between the two rooms. I'm also glad you appreciate the rotating hot items in our breakfast buffet. I apologize that the fitness center felt small and not maintained well. Thank you for providing that feedback. I've taken steps to make sure that area will be in top notch condition moving forward. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800