Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
GreenLeadersGold level
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Very good experience. We did the stay and fly and we will do this every time we travel from the cities. Our battery was dead after a week of -20 degrees and they jump started our vehicle! Conveniently located. Good places to eat and shop!

• Stayed February 2014
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
I'm so glad the park and stay worked out well for you and I'm delighted to see our employees were friendly and helpful. We'll look forward to seeing you again when you are flying out or just spending time in the area. Thank you for taking the time to recommend us to other travelers researching the area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for one night last week and was happily surprised by the Hotel. The room was much more than I expected in the way it was laid out and the how clean it was. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. Breakfast in the morning was excellent and helped start the day off right! I will definitely return...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had a good experience with us and I'm thrilled to see you'll be back to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. With gratitude, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Took my sweetheart here on Valentines Day and everything was amazing. Seamless check in. Everything in my room as promised. All the staff was extremely helpful!! Breakfast was wonderful and the staff worked hard to keep it stocked!

• Stayed February 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed the romance package and I appreciate you taking the time to endorse our hotel. I know other travelers to the area will appreciate your firsthand account of our breakfast and the service from our staff. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights here prior to getting on a plane to Orlando and one night after we returned. We parked our vehicle here for the duration of the trip.

Check in was smooth and went quickly with no issues. Got a room on the second floor which was nice as we just used the stairs from the lobby to go to the second floor instead of using the elevator – this was much faster and easier for us and appreciated it.

The room was quiet and well maintained and the mini fridge was a nice feature to have.

After the long drive we had to get there we appreciated the TGI Fridays attached to the hotel and that there was an inside hallway to get to the restaurant. It was pretty cold outside and it was nice to not have to get bundled up to go for dinner.

There is also an IHOP connected to the hotel that you can get to without having to go outside (again a good feature in the winter). We ate there as well one morning and service and food was good and staff was very friendly.

My wife and I both took advantage of the exercise room to use the treadmills. There was a good mix of cardio equipment of good quality and a universal gym for resistance training. I am a fairly big guy and I try to push pretty hard and the treadmill I ran on took it without complaint – no issues with belt slipping and the pace / speed seemed accurate.

One nice feature is the enclosed walkway / bridge that you can access close to the hotel that will take you quickly over to Mall of America. The hotel offers shuttle service to the Mall but we did not use it as the walkway was very convenient and quick.

They have a buffet breakfast featuring hot and cold items that is pretty decent and we used that on the morning we were heading to the airport – lots of options to satisfy most and you could get in and out very quickly.

We took advantage of the shuttle service to the airport and it was quick and convenient dropping us right at the Delta check in area with our bags. This was a very nice feature as we quickly had our boarding passes and had dropped off our luggage minutes after getting dropped off. The only glitch we had with the shuttle is that it only goes every 30 minutes – when you check in you fill out a sheet indicating when you want your ride, I put down 7:45 and wasn’t informed at the time there wasn’t a 7:45 shuttle. After breakfast at the buffet I went to confirm our shuttle time to make sure there were not issues and found we had been assigned to the 7:30 shuttle…that had just left. In the end it wasn’t a big deal as we got on the 8:00 shuttle (which left a bit early because all guests were accounted for) and got to the airport with plenty of time. Just a minor glitch but something to note.

On our return trip – we called the hotel with the number they provide on a card at check in and the shuttle was there very quickly and shortly had us at the hotel. If you have a vehicle parked at the hotel they ask if you want to get dropped at your vehicle or at the front entrance – this is good for folks who are getting back and heading out right away. For us we got dropped off at the front desk so we could check in for one night before driving home the next day.

We got a different room on the second floor this time and it was in good condition as well and still very quiet.

We left our vehicle parked at the hotel (as part of their special rate for staying, parking and flying) and there were no issues with vehicle – seems like it was pretty safe and was not disturbed while it was there.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms allow you to skip the elevator and are convenient to the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank biggoofyrunner
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding our parking special. I'm so glad it worked out well for you and I hope you had a wonderful trip. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are flying out or just visiting the area. Safe travels, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
Sac City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is the perfect location when going to the Mall of America. Out the hotel, walk across a parking lot, across a small street & into the skywalk & you are there. No worry about losing your car in the giant Mall parking lot!

The room was clean & very nice. We enjoyed the warm spa tub while looking out on snow! Their breakfast buffet is good & lots of variety. Good fresh fruit & tasty sausage gravy over biscuits. Pop & ice vending machines were just down the hall. TGIF & Ihop are on location. Both very handy & good meals. Good price for all the perks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the 1st floor where TGIF is located. Ask for a room away from the noisy eleva...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CathyG S
I'm so glad you were pleased with our amenities and our location. We really appreciate the endorsement you gave us and as a senior reviewer, I know your opinions will be highly valued by other travelers researching the area. Please introduce yourself if you have the opportunity during your next visit. Best regards, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
decorah, iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I got to this hotel 15 minutes after check-in but had to wait for 3 hours and 15 minutes for our room to be cleaned. then there was crap under the bed. hotel staff acted like they were doing me a favor getting me the room instead of the fact that i was a paying customer who should have had my room 3 hours and 15 minutes earlier.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm very sorry about your disappointing experience during your recent visit. What you described is not acceptable in our hotel and on behalf of my entire team, we apologize for the inconvenience we caused you. I'm hoping we'll have the opportunity to redeem ourselves with you. Please contact me directly to book your next stay. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I stay here whenever I come over to the metro area for the night. The staff is very friendly, courteous, and not to mention fun! The breakfast is fabulous and not to mention hot coffee all the time! I strongly recommend this hotel whenever you are looking for convenience to the Minneapolis airport and the mall of America. You'll enjoy the stay!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cody W
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad to my staff has made a good impression and it's wonderful to see they seem to be having fun! I'm honored that you enjoy staying with us when you're in our area. Please introduce yourself if you have the opportunity during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800